Turn 5 Two Minute Drill

The 6th campaign.
Pale Rider
Major

Turn 5 Two Minute Drill

Post by Pale Rider » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:26 pm

Date: August 22, 2181 (Upon researching a Timeline to determine the access of Key Technology that comes available in the movies, novels, and Graphic Novels I have found that the events of Aliens II and III take place in 2179 thus in order to keep in the correct timeline I have changed the date here to coincide more closely with the Films)Time: 0400

The Marines opened fire on the remaining Xenomorph. The rounds penetrating, lifting the Alien up and punching it backwards, its blood spraying outwards coating the hypersleep chambers. Alarms begin screaming as smoke from the acid began to eat its way through the fine electronic equipment. An inhumane, yet feminine voice began to issue a warning:

"WARNING, WARNING, LIFE-SUPPORT SYSTEMS FAILURE IMMINENT. HYPERSLEEP CHAMBERS 12, 13, AND 14 HAVE RECEIVED DAMAGE TO THEIR SYSTEM AND ARE LOOSING POWER!!"

"WARNING, WARNING, LIFE-SUPPORT SYSTEMS FAILURE IMMINENT. HYPERSLEEP CHAMBERS 12, 13, AND 14 HAVE RECEIVED DAMAGE TO THEIR SYSTEM AND ARE LOOSING POWER!!"

The warning wails own as the marines of the Easy Eights slowly regroup and begin to take stock of the situation.

GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Rayne Hollow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn 5 Two Minute Drill

Post by Rayne Hollow » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:45 pm

"Well i wanted to make sure they were operating good! how would you feel if can B and C werent working when the Basterd's got here!" Rayne Barked back at the Marine. He'd taken a lot of Shit from these guys and he wasent having any more. " But if you want why dont YOU take my smart gun and ill just go sit in a corner like a good little Private dam it!?" Rayne continued then angered he took of the auto targeting system as he wanted to kill the fucker's himself. then aimed at the door and slowelly squeezed the trigger. If he pressed the trigger Barelly any harder it would fire. Allowing him to shoot the Mili second he wanted to. The Alarm was getting annoying but probally was telling anyone who didnt already know about what was happening what was going on.
Rayne breathed in huge gulps of Air waiting for the Marine's and well... whatever the alien's looked like to come. Rayne thought they would be Gray, short and have big eyes but apparentlly not if everyone was so.. Duganish.

Trevor Schmidt
Corporal
Corporal

Turn 5 Two Minute Drill

Post by Trevor Schmidt » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:17 am

Damn shame, seeing a fellow Marine die like that. Trevor stood with his squad and walked over to where the Marine had died. On the ground, not far from a dead Alien corpse was a Pulse Rifle. Quickly he reached down and picked it up, strapping it around his back.

"Area cleared sir." Trevor said to my squad leader. "What's the plan now?"

He stood there, still holding his flame thrower. As he waited for an answer he kept his eyes and ears open, concentrating very hard on what was around him. He stared into the door way and made sure that no more Xenos came crawling out of the wood work.
b]Pvt. Trevor Schmidt
Rifleman
1st Squad "Cue Balls"
United States Colonial Marines[/b]
"Absolutly bad ass."

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 5 Two Minute Drill

Post by Hunk » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:45 am

Jackal looked at the corpse of his fellow comrade. Bending down beside him he reached his hands over his face and ran them down his lifeless eyes as he shut them.

He muttered as he ran his fingers down "Looks like you got the easy way out of this. Don't know how many other soldiers would be killed before we finish this mission. May your soul rest in peace."
-=Tag Corpse=-

Jackal stood up eyeballing Eric and then Dirk, giving them a grimace and evil look. Then jerked his head forward and got into the doorway, not paying any attention to the alarm what so ever for he could not do anything about it. Flipping one ear piece down from his music players headphones and turned the MP3 on from his pocket. Slayer began ringing through one side of his ear. This would help subside his anger until he got done with his mission. he could still hear through his other ear.

"Young marines, this is a warning on how ferocious this creatures can be. Hesitation causes lives." Fox looked at the body one more time, then went on as he was.
-=New Recruits=-

Fox slowly started to inch his way into the depths of the chamber which had badly being damaged by the acid. Looking around for any survivors in the cryotube as he carried on with his sweep, keeping 180 Degree arc.

(Rolls-Command, Sweep, Search for survivors/ eyes open to enviorment.)
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Corporal Hicks
Major

Turn 5 Two Minute Drill

Post by Corporal Hicks » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:26 am

[quote=""Hunk""]Jackal stood up eyeballing Eric and then Dirk, giving them a grimace and evil look. Then jerked his head forward and got into the doorway, not paying any attention to the alarm what so ever for he could not do anything about it. Flipping one ear piece down from his music players headphones and turned the MP3 on from his pocket. Slayer began ringing through one side of his ear. This would help subside his anger until he got done with his mission. he could still hear through his other ear.[/quote]

Eric stared back into the angry eyes. He was amazed at how fast Jackal had gone from being one of his best friends, to hating him, in only a few weeks that seemed like much longer. Roberts had been starting to like him less and less, since he judged Eric for snapping under emotional pressure, then refusing to talk to him or accept his apology. And now blaming him for the death of a comrade. He didn't want to pull this card, but he had to.

"Private Fox, be careful, you're bordering on insubordination. Just hold it together till we get out of here."

OOC: Roll Command (Minor Skill)

He would have said more if they weren't in a combat situation, which was obviously straining Fox to his limit as well as himself. He signalled to the two men of his squad, "Schmidt, Ivanov, get in there and back up Fox, I'll come with too and cover your backs." he said, looking back at the Officers for confirmation.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Trevor Schmidt
Corporal
Corporal

Turn 5 Two Minute Drill

Post by Trevor Schmidt » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:35 am

With the flame thrower still in hand, and the Pulse Rifle slung over his shoulder, Trevor set off into the room after Fox. He began sweeping from side to side and was prepared to torch anything not human.
"Come on out you motherfuckers." he whispered as he did his patrol. "Come out you sick motherfuckers, I've got something for you."

He walked past several sleeping chambers and inspected all around them.

(OOC: roll for inspection)
b]Pvt. Trevor Schmidt
Rifleman
1st Squad "Cue Balls"
"Absolutly bad ass."

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Turn 5 Two Minute Drill

Post by Dirk Pitt » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:53 am

[quote=""Hunk""]
Jackal stood up eyeballing Eric and then Dirk, giving them a grimace and evil look. Then jerked his head forward and got into the doorway, not paying any attention to the alarm what so ever for he could not do anything about it. Flipping one ear piece down from his music players headphones and turned the MP3 on from his pocket. Slayer began ringing through one side of his ear. This would help subside his anger until he got done with his mission. he could still hear through his other ear.
[/quote]

Dirk looked at fox. What ever was the matter with him they would have to sort it out later.

"Fox, Stand down and regroup. We don't have orders to reenter the cryo-room."

Dirk walked over to him, took the cigaret out and met his gaze "Look Jackal , I'm not sure what your problem is with Eric and I., but for right now, you are gonna have to get over it. You are a Marine and you are in my squad. If it was the other way around I might be pissed, but I would follow you."

"Command, this is second squad. We are down one man, but we are ready to proceed. Request permition to reenter the cryo-room and secure it. Waiting for orders."
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 5 Two Minute Drill

Post by AstroBoy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:35 am

"Second squad move in and secure the hypersleep chamber, first will follow you. Anyone who knows they can help with the chambers can help me once the chamber is secured. Fox, pull that shit out.", said Bojan.

"Sergeant Dugan, make sure third holds the fort for us."

"Corporal Williams, send 2 people to retrieve the body once we clear the room", said Bojan over the comms.

Bojan flipped down his infrared camera over his eye (OOC: is it dark? i assume it is) and headed in first in front of second squad. With his rifle at his shoulder ready to fire, he checked everywhere for any sign of the aliens.

OOC:Perception check. Also, everyone needs a standard pattern signature!
Last edited by AstroBoy on Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
William Jones

Corporal Hicks
Major

Turn 5 Two Minute Drill

Post by Corporal Hicks » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:50 am

"Yes Sir, Schmidt, Ivanov, pull back, we're taking the tail. Quinn, stick with us, we may need you."

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Turn 5 Two Minute Drill

Post by Quinn » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:45 am

[quote=""Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks""]"Yes Sir, Schmidt, Ivanov, pull back, we're taking the tail. Quinn, stick with us, we may need you."
[/quote]

"Hopefully you won't." Quinn tied off the bandage on his current patient. "Be still, and don't tug at it until you get back to medical."

Standing up, Quinn ran up to the formation. "Hey Corporal, mind if I have my rifle back? I'd rather not be stuck with just my sidearm."

Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn 5 Two Minute Drill

Post by Dugan » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:55 am

[quote=""Rayne Hollow""]"Well i wanted to make sure they were operating good! how would you feel if can B and C werent working when the Basterd's got here!" Rayne Barked back at the Marine. He'd taken a lot of Shit from these guys and he wasent having any more. " But if you want why dont YOU take my smart gun and ill just go sit in a corner like a good little Private dam it!?" [/quote]

Scimovic spoke to the young private with slight anger in his voice "That wasn't a request Hollow, these are live rounds in this gun and we have civilians passing in front of them. These guns have no way of identifying them and will rip them to pieces if you set them off when they are passing their fire arcs. Don't worry Private you signed up to the MARINES and we've got plenty of jobs to keep you occupied". Dugan then handed Hollow his poncho, to act as a make shift body bag.

Dugan clicked his comms over to third squad "Huey, Hollow has just volunteered himself to tag and bag Williams' body".

He then carried on guarding the Loading bay doors with Third Squad.
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Corporal Hicks
Major

Turn 5 Two Minute Drill

Post by Corporal Hicks » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:33 pm

[quote=""Quinn""]"Hopefully you won't." Quinn tied off the bandage on his current patient. "Be still, and don't tug at it until you get back to medical."

Standing up, Quinn ran up to the formation. "Hey Corporal, mind if I have my rifle back? I'd rather not be stuck with just my sidearm."

[/quote]

Eric nodded, and unstrapped Quinn's rifle from his back, handing it back to him.

"Stay sharp marines, these things aren't stupid, they could be hiding"

(OOC: Roll for perception)

Trevor Schmidt
Corporal
Corporal

Turn 5 Two Minute Drill

Post by Trevor Schmidt » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:59 pm

[quote=""Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks""]

"Stay sharp marines, these things aren't stupid, they could be hiding"

[/quote]

Trevor nodded and double times it back to Eric. He stood beside the Coporal with his flame unit ready.
b]Pvt. Trevor Schmidt
Rifleman
1st Squad "Cue Balls"
"Absolutly bad ass."

Dwin Vo-Stray
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 5 Two Minute Drill

Post by Dwin Vo-Stray » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:39 pm

Mal watched the fiery exchange between Rayne and Dugan with surprise and shock at Hollow’s treatment of his NCO. He knew his Sarge was right but he still wondered if it was right to send the new marine out on his own to bag a dead comrade. He pushed the thought out of his mind, focusing instead on the job at hand.

“Hey Sargeâ€
vt. Malcolm Rose
Medic
3rd Squad 'Break Shots'
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon 'The Easy Eights'
United States Colonial Marines

Rayne Hollow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn 5 Two Minute Drill

Post by Rayne Hollow » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:40 pm

Rayne looked down at the Poncho and then at the NCO.
"Oh hell no dude! I wont be able to protect myself will I put him in the bag! No fucking way unless i get someone to cover my ass while i do it!" Rayne said angered at how "disposable" they thought he was. But Grudginglly. he grabbed the Bag and without waiting to see if he had any assitance or not took of his smart gun since it was to big to lug around AND do a body bag and began walking towards Certain doom.

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”