Turn Eight Into the Dark

The 6th campaign.
Pale Rider
Major

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Pale Rider » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:37 pm

Date: September 08, 2181
Time: 0800

The ship slowed down, its automatic systems finishing the task that it had been assigned to complete. It triggered the awakening process of the Easy Eights and their Civilian counter parts. The ship had locked into a stationary orbit around the darkside of the largest of the three lunar satellites that circled the primary celestial body in the solar system.

In mixed groups the party members trickled onto the Research and Development Station. Dr. Ian Donaldson seemed particularly excited about the things that were expecting to find here. Following a last minute command from his superiors he injected himself with the final vial of the Vitamins. He thought back to Ms. Glasser's words. "This will boost your immune system. Its a special cocktail designed right here on Keystone Station. She injected him with a 10 gauge needle. "This is the first dose, take the second dose when you get in system." She handed him a 10cc vial of a dark thick fluid. "You should start to feel the results immediately."

They met collectively within the "Mall" of the station, thirty minutes after disembarking. The grim doctor, actually came across almost jovial.

GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Dugan » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:09 am

Simovic walked up to Jonnson who was with the rest of his squad. "Jonnson, L.Cpl Williams has gone on an extended R&R due to dire family problems. So you are now in charge of 3rd Squad, congratutions L.Cpl Jonnson!" Simovic then handed Jonnson his new rank chevron.

He then turned to Pitt. "Pitt you have a newbie Rifleman taking over from Jonnson Pvt. Tyler Ishizawa was serving on Keystone station so we were fortunate to be able to draft him in at such short notice". Simovic then motioned to Ishizawa to come forward and introduce himself.

"The Marine you met in the briefing Rifleman Pvt Kyle Spurlock we saved from the U.S.S Deleware. His old platoon was wiped out on C-657, though his recollection is hazy. He's going to be joining your squad aswell".
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:00 pm

Tyler walked forward and threw his new squad leader a salute. "Private Tyler Ishizawa. Pleasure to meet you sir".

ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:27 pm

[quote=""Dugan""]
He then turned to Pitt. "Pitt you have a newbie Rifleman taking over from Jonnson Pvt. Tyler Ishizawa was serving on Keystone station so we were fortunate to be able to draft him in at such short notice". Simovic then motioned to Ishizawa to come forward and introduce himself.

"The Marine you met in the briefing Rifleman Pvt Kyle Spurlock we saved from the U.S.S Deleware. His old platoon was wiped out on C-657, though his recollection is hazy. He's going to be joining your squad aswell".
[/quote]

Dirk looked over at Jonnson. He would be missed in second. "Looks like they got you out of my squad atlast. My cigarets are safe again. " He siad with a smile "Good luck in third. You are going to do good" He said as he lit a cigaret"Just remember, We're the old men now"

Dirk looked at Simovic "Good to go Sgt. I'll get em up to speed. At least Spurlock has combat time. As soon as you want us second squad will be ready to hit the beach."

[quote=""Tyler""]Tyler walked forward and threw his new squad leader a salute. "Private Tyler Ishizawa. Pleasure to meet you sir". [/quote]

Dirk returned the salute "Good to meet you Tyler. You can call me L.Cpl Pitt. Don't worry about any sirs in my squad. Just to let you know, I like second squad in first. Stick close to me and PFC Fox. Watch what we do and listen to orders and you'll be fine. Welcome to the Dead Shots" He said as he finished his cigaret.

He then looked around for Spurlock
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:48 pm

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]Dirk returned the salute "Good to meet you Tyler. You can call me L.Cpl Pitt. Don't worry about any sirs in my squad. Just to let you know, I like second squad in first. Stick close to me and PFC Fox. Watch what we do and listen to orders and you'll be fine. Welcome to the Dead Shots" He said as he finished his cigaret.
[/quote]

"Sure thing Lance corporal". He paused for a moment before continuing. "So I hear the PRS Alliance managed to board one of our ships, the Delaware, and ransacked it? We're going in after them right?"

OOC: Sorry, I didn't know that "dragons" was another term for a xenomorph.

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Dugan » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:33 am

[quote=""Tyler Ishizawa""] "So I hear the PRS Alliance managed to board one of our ships, the Delaware, and ransacked it? We're going in after them right?"

[/quote]

Simovic overhearing Tyler piped up "Yeah they also may have taken alien samples, which could be extremely dangerous in the wrong hands. We need to get onboard and destroy them before things get messy. The only trouble is that if word gets out the USCM are raiding a PRS Alliance space station god knows what it could lead to? Luckily though our Synthetic (Abbot) thinks he can jam their comms system while we perform the raid, so at least they won't be able to send out any distress signals while we're there. Then its up to high command how they want to contain this situation once we're done..."

ImageImage

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:56 am

[quote=""Dugan""]Simovic overhearing Tyler piped up "Yeah they also may have taken alien samples, which could be extremely dangerous in the wrong hands. We need to get onboard and destroy them before things get messy. The only trouble is that if word gets out the USCM are raiding a PRS Alliance space station god knows what it could lead to? Luckily though our Synthetic (Abbot) thinks he can jam their comms system while we perform the raid, so at least they won't be able to send out any distress signals while we're there. Then its up to high command how they want to contain this situation once we're done..."

[/quote]

Tyler was feeling a little nervous. Not only was this his first combat misson, but if the mission was blown....... well, he didn't even want to think of what would happen considering that the PRS alliance and the USCM were in the middle of peace talks. Just remember your training and you'll do fine, he thought to himself.

He didn't want to bother his fellow marines by asking them so many questions, but there was one more thing he wanted to know.

"You guys have gone up against the PRS before right? How well trained and equipped are these guys?"

- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by - JR - » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:50 pm

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]Dirk looked over at Jonnson. He would be missed in second. "Looks like they got you out of my squad atlast. My cigarets are safe again. " He siad with a smile "Good luck in third. You are going to do good" He said as he lit a cigaret"Just remember, We're the old men now"[/quote]
Jonsson grinned. "Never bought a back in my life." With another nod to Dirk for his encouragement, he started to look around for the members of his squad.
Sergeant Sara Wang - Communications Chief

Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat
Professional Biologist, Engineer
Proficient in Vehicle & Computer Operation & Repair
...Acceptable Marskmanship

Rayne Hollow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Rayne Hollow » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:24 am

Rayne stood there listening to talk. Finnally! A combat situation where he would do.. combat. Rayne smiled at that and continued to stand there. So PRS was it? Or was it PFS, well it didnt matter he'd kill them all.
"So when are we gonna go aboard?" He said looking at the senior marine's.

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Dugan » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:30 am

[quote=""Rayne Hollow""]
"So when are we gonna go aboard?" He said looking at the senior marine's.
[/quote]

"Soon enough, don't you worry".

Dugan then unloaded his pulse rifle and held up the magazine "Listen up Marines, I've exchanged all of the Pulse Rifle's usual explosive tipped ammuninition for Low Velocity ammo. It doesn't have as much penetration as the standard ammo, but at least it'll mean we get to leave the space station via the drop ship and not sucked arse first into space via rupture in the stations hull. Oh and another thing no use of grenades on there either". Simovic then took his magazine and reloaded his weapon. He then pointed to Rayne's Smartgun. "The Smartguns have had there ammunition fusing changed so the rounds explode on impact, which should stop them blowing holes into the station walls. Well thats the theory anyway..."

ImageImage

- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by - JR - » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:17 am

[quote=""Dugan""]Dugan then unloaded his pulse rifle and held up the magazine "Listen up Marines, I've exchanged all of the Pulse Rifle's usual explosive tipped ammuninition for Low Velocity ammo. It doesn't have as much penetration as the standard ammo, but at least it'll mean we get to leave the space station via the drop ship and not sucked arse first into space via rupture in the stations hull. Oh and another thing no use of grenades on there either". Simovic then took his magazine and reloaded his weapon. He then pointed to Rayne's Smartgun. "The Smartguns have had there ammunition fusing changed so the rounds explode on impact, which should stop them blowing holes into the station walls. Well thats the theory anyway..."[/quote]
Jonsson nodded. "Still caseless, or are we gonna be slipping in shells?" Realizing the question he was asking, he chuckled quietly. "Hah, maybe it's a sign I'm sticking to my blades too much if I don't know these weapons inside and out."
Sergeant Sara Wang - Communications Chief

Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat
Professional Biologist, Engineer
Proficient in Vehicle & Computer Operation & Repair
...Acceptable Marskmanship

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by AstroBoy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:28 am

"Jacob, what's our plan for this one? Are we just going to go in and sweep our way through?", Bojan asked Honeysett. Simovic was doing a good job of preparing the men. Bojan checked his gear to make sure it was perfect.

OOC: In 1 sentence PR, we are where, to do what?
William Jones

Pale Rider
Major

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Pale Rider » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:52 pm

OOC: I have posted information in the Information Section. Everyone, please let me know if you can or cannot see the information there.
GM

Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Dirk Pitt » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:13 pm

Dirk listened to what was going on. Atleast this time if I shoot something it wont melt my face off.

"Ok, second squad, listen up. Switch out the ammo and draw shotgun shells for the grenade launcher. Then get with me ASAP>"
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:48 pm

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]"Ok, second squad, listen up. Switch out the ammo and draw shotgun shells for the grenade launcher. Then get with me ASAP>"

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”