Turn Eight Into the Dark

The 6th campaign.
Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Dugan » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:17 pm

O.O.C. OK I was a little confused I thought we were on a satellite near the PRS space station we were going to board. So I guess it makes sense if we make out the conversations up till now happened on the dropship we took heading towards it.

The marines did their final checks aboard the dropship they would potentially be making a drop into a hot LZ, but hopefully the synthetic Abbot had been able temporarily blind their sensors so they could sneak aboard. "OK you know the drill we get on here and move by squads towards the Mall, once their await further orders. You encounter any armed resistance and we are authorized to use deadly force". The dropship expertly piloted manoeuvred itself towards one of the docking arms the ramp opened but the men were safely contained to the vacuum of space in a specially designed HALOS pallet, with an airlock towards the rear. With a loud thump and hissing of gasses an airtight seal was made with the docking arm tube. Simovic pressed a button on HALOS door and it slid open revealing the tube leading into the Space Station. The men made their way into the station, towards the end of the docking tube there was a secondary airlock door this one would lead them in but unfortunately would be likely locked and guarded. "Honeysett, Bojan shall we try and run a bypass on the door?"

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Apachetear » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:22 pm

Until now, Jacob had been standing back - silently admiring the efficiency and calm in his unit.

HIS Unit, he still wasn't used to it. Didn't mean that it didn't feel good to say it though.

Grinding a cigarette out on the floor, he considered his options.

Blow the door and alert all and sundry to their presence, or sneak in and start the dirty work silently...

"Bypass the door if you can, then when we get in - silent. Sign language is the order of the day - and if you're handy with a blade like Jonsson here - then you'll be tasked to eliminate opfor swiftly and silently. Weapons free the moment one of those things I can't talk about appears or a shot is fired upon us. Are we clear?"

Turning round a thought struck him, and it almost pained him to say it.

"Until we go live rounds there is to be no smoking either - as I'm sure the non-smokers can testify...the smell carries."

"By the way people, I don't expect anything less from you - but stay alert. All of us have stared death in the face before now - some of us are scarred on the outside, some of us are scarred on the inside...I don't think any of us are without a wound somehow. But goddamnit we're marines - and we aren't gonna let old wounds slow us down. You think nerves are getting the better of you then you're in the wrong profession my friends! Hell, last marine I saw who let nerves get the better of him shot himself back at base. Don't let that be you."

"Let's Rock 'n' Roll my Easy Eights! When the doors open - first and myself will be through the breach, eyes sharp and blades bright. You don't need my go ahead to slit throats."

"When it's all secure, Second move up and through - move forward until you reach a natural stopping point and wait for first to go ahead again!"

"Third - when it goes live I want you to form a heavy firebase faster than Con can last in bed, so faster than I can blink - you got me?"

Coughing, Jacob slapped Con on the back to show he was joking (so far as he knew) and motioned the go ahead. "As soon as that door opens we are silent - so any yammering - get it over with!"

Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Dirk Pitt » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:41 am

[quote=""Apachetear""]

"When it's all secure, Second move up and through - move forward until you reach a natural stopping point and wait for first to go ahead again!"

[/quote]

Pvt. Tyler Ishizawa Pvt Kyle Spurlock

"Roger that sir. Second will be ready to move." He said as he crushed out his cigaret.

Reaching into his pocket Dirk pulled out a tin of dip. Putting a pinch in he turned to his squad.

"Ok guys, it's game time. I want a tactical dimond. Fox, I want you and your smart gun on point, I'll take left. Spurlock, you take right. Ishizawa, watch our asses, and keep an eye on Fox and me. Remember what smiles said. Do not fire until fired upon. Good luck, no talking after this, I'll see you on the other side"
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Dugan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:07 am

[quote=""Apachetear""]

"Bypass the door if you can, then when we get in - silent. Sign language is the order of the day - and if you're handy with a blade like Jonsson here - then you'll be tasked to eliminate opfor swiftly and silently. Weapons free the moment one of those things I can't talk about appears or a shot is fired upon us. Are we clear?"
[/quote]

"Ok sure thing Honeysett. Bojan, Alexander you guys used to be Comtechs can one of you get this door open?"

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by AstroBoy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:36 am

"I was never officially a comtech, Sergeant. But I'll do it."

Bojan attempted to unlock the door in order for it to be readily opened when the platoon was ready to enter.

William Jones

Corporal Hicks
Major

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Corporal Hicks » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:16 pm

Eric listened to Honeysett's orders, then turned to his men before the door was opened.

"Alright men, we're going in first. Ivanov, take point with the smartgun, Schmidt take left, Quinn on tail, I'll take right."

Eric pulled out his combat knife and held it in his left hand, and placed the grip on his pulse rifle over it.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Quinn » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:22 am

[quote=""Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks""]Eric listened to Honeysett's orders, then turned to his men before the door was opened.

"Alright men, we're going in first. Ivanov, take point with the smartgun, Schmidt take left, Quinn on tail, I'll take right."

Eric pulled out his combat knife and held it in his left hand, and placed the grip on his pulse rifle over it.[/quote]

Sixtus nodded, and checked his medical pack again, feeling over the pockets where he had easy access to his equipment. He'd decided to go with shotgun shells again for his launcher as they were on a station, and in close quarters a shotgun never hurts in the slightest. He took the tail position, which was fine for him. This way he had easy access to his squad in case anyone was hurt. He smiled as he heard Jacob's jab at Con.

"Sir, as fast as Marines are, I doubt we can move past the speed of sound." he called out, showing a rare moment of humor from the grim-faced medic.

Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Hunk » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:19 am

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]Dirk listened to what was going on. Atleast this time if I shoot something it wont melt my face off.

"Ok, second squad, listen up. Switch out the ammo and draw shotgun shells for the grenade launcher. Then get with me ASAP>"
[/quote]

"Jeese I picked the wrong time to pick up the smartgun. At least until this stealth cover is blown. " Fox moved up to point and fired up his locking-on system. Fox was never gonna turn the lock-on off ever again...since the chambers incident. "Could we be fit for once in the mission, with silencers, we always come un-prepared and land on top some how...nevermind."Reading his ghost gauge, he found out is ammo was full." Alright im ready here."

-=Tag Dirk=-
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Rayne Hollow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Rayne Hollow » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:47 am

Rayne stood there holding the Smart Gun and watched as everyone worked swiftly and silently. Finding nobody talking to him he decided to make his way to the back and aim forward trying to find a position in the back were he could fight but yet stay in the back and not get in the way. Finally finding a spot he fingered the ammo clip's. Each ammo clip held a ass load of Ammo so he didn't need to many clip's. He shoved a clip in his boat for a EMERGENCY RESERVE and then continued to aim forward trying to make sure the aimer didn't land on a Marine.
"Well guy's I am Absolutely useless unless you tell me to do something. I NEED SPICIFIC Order's before I do anything. So any Third squad LEADERS willing to boss me around?" He murmured finally finding a comfortable, good aiming and towards the back spot. Smiling and risking a glance at Third squad leader.

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:29 am

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]"Ok guys, it's game time. I want a tactical dimond. Fox, I want you and your smart gun on point, I'll take left. Spurlock, you take right. Ishizawa, watch our asses, and keep an eye on Fox and me. Remember what smiles said. Do not fire until fired upon. Good luck, no talking after this, I'll see you on the other side"
[/quote]

Tyler quickly moved to the rear of the squad as the other squad members formed up. He then stood there, waiting for the signal to move.
ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

kgk26
Private

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by kgk26 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:11 am

Kyle took his position, he held his M240 tight to his chest, he stared at his hands, they were shaking uncontrollably, he cursed silently under his breath, "shit, not now". He closed his eyes, took a few deep breaths and looked up for a signal.
rivate Kyle Spurlock
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon
2nd Squad Dead Shots, Rifleman

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Dirk Pitt » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:57 pm

[quote=""kgk26""]Kyle took his position, he held his M240 tight to his chest, he stared at his hands, they were shaking uncontrollably, he cursed silently under his breath, "shit, not now". He closed his eyes, took a few deep breaths and looked up for a signal.[/quote]

Dirk looked at Kyle. He remembered being that way. He had trouble feeling anything anymore. Moving over to Kyle. "Look, calm down. Everything is going to be alright. I used to feel the same way you do now. It will pass." Then pulling out the tin of dip " Here, try a little bit of this. It dose not matter if you do it or not. It will help get your mind off the emotion and on the op."
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Erika » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:55 pm

Ian Donaldson looked around he did not understand why everybody was so excited. It was a scientific mission. He stretched and started walking around looking around careless. He said "What is your pb guys?"

IAN DONALDSON
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

kgk26
Private

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by kgk26 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:22 am

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]
Dirk looked at Kyle. He remembered being that way. He had trouble feeling anything anymore. Moving over to Kyle. "Look, calm down. Everything is going to be alright. I used to feel the same way you do now. It will pass." Then pulling out the tin of dip " Here, try a little bit of this. It dose not matter if you do it or not. It will help get your mind off the emotion and on the op."
[/quote]

Kyle looked at Dirk,"Sorry sir", he took a breath, "it's just, well, my squad...was...wiped out, and I don't even know what the hell killed them". He stops, stares at the ground for a second, then looks up,"I just dont want it to happen again...thanks for the concern though, sir"
Last edited by kgk26 on Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
rivate Kyle Spurlock
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon
2nd Squad Dead Shots, Rifleman

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Dirk Pitt » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:27 am

Dirk looked at the Marine and grinned. "Don't worry Kyle. Everything is gonna be alright. Lets kick some ass."
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes