Turn Eight Into the Dark

The 6th campaign.
Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:53 pm

Dirk looked back at Jonsson. "Ya, you can keep him. Quinn is with Roberts first squad."

Dirk turned and waited for first squad to make a move. The dip was alright but man he wanted a cigaret. He checked his M41A. It was ready to go. Then he pulled out the gift his mother had sent him. It was his great great grandfathers colt M1911 .45. The weapon was marine issue before marines first went into space. Putting the M1911 back he thought for a moment, between the K-Bar knife and M1911, all he needed now was a Thompson sub-machinegun and he would be ready to fight WWII. He laughed for a moment and turned to his squad.

"Be ready. When the door opens first will secure the opening and then we secuer beyond. Make no mistake people. If it comes down to a fight, it will be nasty. Be ready"
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Hunk » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:02 am

Jackal turned his head away from the distracting marine with cramps to look at dirk."Dirk, I can stay back to ensure there protection until the situation is resolved."
-=Tag Dirk=-

Fox looked at the Quinn, "I owe you this one."
-=Quinn=-
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Dirk Pitt » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:28 am

[quote=""Hunk""]Jackal turned his head away from the distracting marine with cramps to look at dirk."Dirk, I can stay back to ensure there protection until the situation is resolved."
-=Tag Dirk=-

-=Quinn=-[/quote]

Dirk looked at Fox. "Ok Jackal, Keep em safe. Just get back with us asap"

"Ok, second. I got point"
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Quinn » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:01 am

[quote=""Hunk""]Jackal turned his head away from the distracting marine with cramps to look at dirk."Dirk, I can stay back to ensure there protection until the situation is resolved."
-=Tag Dirk=-

-=Quinn=-[/quote]

"You can owe me when Donaldson gets a clean bill of health." Quinn said hurriedly as he watched the readouts from his backpack.

Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Hunk » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:46 am

"Affirmative dirk." Fox sighed in relief.

"Alright that seems like a deal, take your time, no need to rush."Fox looked around at the other men who were anxious for combat. He face lit up to a grin as he turned to quinn there aiding the downed man from cramps. He lit up a smoke with one hand on the gun and the other with his zippo. The first drag seemed like the best one, then the second was even better.
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
8th platoon Squad 3

Pale Rider
Major

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:55 pm

The door slides open with a soft snicking sound. Giving marines' entrance into the inner facilities of the PRS Alliance Station.
GM

Image Image Image

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Dugan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:01 pm

[quote=""Hunk""]"Affirmative dirk." Fox sighed in relief.

"Alright that seems like a deal, take your time, no need to rush."Fox looked around at the other men who were anxious for combat. He face lit up to a grin as he turned to quinn there aiding the downed man from cramps. He lit up a smoke with one hand on the gun and the other with his zippo. The first drag seemed like the best one, then the second was even better.[/quote]

Simovic noticed Fox sparking up "Fox did you not hear Honeysett? No smoking until we have a contact".

He then turned his attention to Donaldson who was now lying on the floor being worked on by Quinn. He flicked his comms channel to Honeysett "Shit it looks like he needs to be evacuated, do you want us to put him back on-board the dropship before it leaves?".

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Apachetear » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:39 pm

Keeping silent as per his instructions, Jacob shot Fox a filthy glance...mainly for smoking when Jacob wasn't.

he turned over to Dugan and made the appropriate hand signals to do so, and quickly.

Squatting down he motioned for first squad to wait and enter when Dugan returned.

unholstering his knife, he nicked his stump of a finger (wincing slightly) and daubed a smily face on his crusted armour - hopefully the first of many this mission
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Dugan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:19 pm

Simovic removed his poncho from his IMP backpack and unspread it to the side of Donaldson, it'd have to do as a makshift stretcher. He motioned to Quinn to help him move the Dr towards the other airlock door once he'd finished stabilzing him. He was still waiting for a reply from the dropship.

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Erika » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:23 pm

Ian Donaldson seemed to calm down.
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:39 pm

Because Fox stayed back to cover Donaldson and the others, Tyler was unsure as to what kind of formation his leader needed. "Lance corporal, what should our formation be now? Should I take rear with kyle in center, or should we both take rear?"

ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Dwin Vo-Stray
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Dwin Vo-Stray » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:39 pm

"Rose, stay to the back. Hollow, stay on the left and keep your eyes forward mainly unless something starts goin' on, it's hard to swing the smartgun around. Collins, stay on the right, and I don't want you walking backwards or anything, but keep an eye towards the rear. Same for you, Rose."
Once again Mal was serving as a rear guard, which didn't particularly bother him, but to his somewhat uneducated tactical mind it seemed unwise. The M240 Flamethrower wasn't the most adapt weapon for engaging a target at range and coupled with his weighty marine pack, made him feel cumbersome. But he wasn't an NCO for a reason; the main one being this was only his second true combat mission and compared to the guys ahead of him, he knew jack. He possessed the skill of medicine, a skill he was extremely proud to have, and that was his true speciality.

The initial stages of the trouble further ahead in the squad, went unnoticed to Rose, he was too busy thinking about his current predicament and whether or not he had remember to carry sufficient fuel for his weapon and all the available medical supplies. He was still new enough to worry excessively.

It was only when his new squad leader called him forward did he register to the rapidly unfolding events. The fact that it was the smart mouth Donaldson who was causing the trouble made Rose smile to himself, it seemed right that the slim ball should suffer. But being both a soldier and a medic, Rose had long learned to ignore personal feelings and concentrate on the job in hand.

He moved forward to find the platoon's other medic, Quinn, who had been closer to the stricken scientist already treating the man. Unwilling to stand on the edge, he knelt down across from Quinn, moving to assist the other man as well he could. The cause of the trouble had already been identified and now the comm was cluttered as the brass decided what to do with Donaldson.

The order came down to evac him and Rose watched Simovic unfurl his poncho, planning to use it as a make-shift stretcher. Holding out a hand he spoke quickly, "Sarge I'll help Quinn take him back."
vt. Malcolm Rose
Medic
3rd Squad 'Break Shots'
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon 'The Easy Eights'
United States Colonial Marines

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Quinn » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Quinn removed a collapsible stretcher from his pack and put it underneath Doctor Donaldson. Putting his backpack on a fold-out table attached to the stretcher so the IV wouldn't come out, he looked Donaldson straight in the eye.

"You're having an allergic reaction to the shot you were given. I don't have the tools here to help you, so we're taking you back to the dropship. Sorry Doctor, but you're going to have to sit this one out."

Waving Jonsson over, he kept his talk quiet so that no one else could hear.

"I don't know what this stuff is that they injected into us. I want you to keep on our right, but also keep an eye on Donaldson in case... something happens. I'll have my hands full with the stretcher, so you'll have to watch for any threats."

Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Erika » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:56 pm

Donaldson opened his eyes, he discovered that he could not see in the same way as he was used to.

He was in panic.

Looking in the direction of the guy who was talking to him said "Thanks doctor but I really feel strange, all my body is pulsing"

He was sweat.

"Could you dry my face, please?"

Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn Eight Into the Dark

Post by Hunk » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:49 pm

[quote=""Dugan""]Simovic noticed Fox sparking up "Fox did you not hear Honeysett? No smoking until we have a contact".

[/quote]

"I guess I did not." Fox looked at Dugan with complete emptiness. dropped his smoke and stepped on it silently, he was gonna say something cocky but just decided to keep his peace with the snitch. Fox wondered, ever since the higher ranks got there promotion they have being rule stickling trying to get brownee points with another higher up, they were supposed to work as a team, not work there ranks up further.

-=Tag Dugan=-

Fox turned back to the opened door and arced down ready to use the smartgun just in case he had too when the order would be given.
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
8th platoon Squad 3

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”