The 6th campaign.
Pale Rider
Major

Turn 10 Trial By Fire

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:09 pm

Date: September 08, 2181
Time: 20:30
Location: PRS Alliance Space, Research and Development Space Station

The Marines searched the facilities and laboratories making thorough sweeps, everywhere they went blood trails could be seen leading into the vents and ductwork. They entered the seventeenth lab which was labeled BIOLAB C. The room was flickering like a defective disco tech, causing the room to dance eerily in shadows. One of the monitors had strange alpha-numeric information scrolling across screen. An overturned coffee mug had spilt is contents over the keyboard. Stenciled on the side were the words, #1 MOM and sported a child’s picture.
Venturing deeper into the laboratory, the shattered remains of equipment lay strewn all over the counters and the floor, glass tubing and flasks snapping under their footsteps. In the far corner a stasis tube that stood approximately three feet tall glared like broken teeth, its contents having stained the floor. Stepping closer the, the marines can see spent ammunition scattered all over the floor and the remains of a chest burster.

GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Turn 10 Trial By Fire

Post by Dirk Pitt » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:44 pm

Dirk ebtered the room. Lights flickered on and off. Walking from object to object until he came to the chestburster.

" My god." He wispered to him self. " Ok second, We know our enemy. We have won last time and we'll win again. Keep the motion trackers online. Tyler, Spurlock, Motion trackers now! Fox, get ready. These bastards can hit us at any time."

" Orders? Do you want second to continue the sweep. The xenos are here. I believe in force." He said into the comm. They needed to find the fuckers and kill em all, or evac and blow the ship.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 10 Trial By Fire

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:47 am

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]" My god." He wispered to him self. " Ok second, We know our enemy. We have won last time and we'll win again. Keep the motion trackers online. Tyler, Spurlock, Motion trackers now! Fox, get ready. These bastards can hit us at any time."
[/quote]

Tyler quickly grabbed his motion tracker and turned it on, while keeping an eye on his surroundings. His heart started beating faster again, and he felt more tense. He disliked not knowing where the enemy was. He just wanted these xeno fucks to come out so he could blast the hell out of them.

He took a quick glance at the chestburster on the floor. So that's what they look like when they're young. Even in their infant form, they looked creepy to Tyler. As for their adult form, I'll probably find out soon enough, Tyler thought to himself. He then started to think about the local militia. "Pitt, what if we encounter any of the local militia? Do we take em out? I mean, we're all trying to wipe out the xenos after all", said Tyler, motioning towards the spent cartridges near the dead chestburster.

ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 10 Trial By Fire

Post by AstroBoy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:03 am

"Let's just hold here for a bit guys. Keep those trackers on. Pitt, get one of your men to have a look around to see if there's any acid burns or any evidence of the xenos getting out."

I'm gonna see what I can find out about this stuff on the computer. At least, get a copy of it to analyse later.

William Jones

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn 10 Trial By Fire

Post by Dugan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:39 pm

[quote=""AstroBoy""]"Let's just hold here for a bit guys. Keep those trackers on. Pitt, get one of your men to have a look around to see if there's any acid burns or any evidence of the xenos getting out."

I'm gonna see what I can find out about this stuff on the computer. At least, get a copy of it to analyse later.

[/quote]

"Yeah good thinking, see if you can find how many 'samples' they brought here".

Simovic attempted to organise the men to defend the lab while Bojan worked on the computer. "Ok First and Second squad guard the doors, get your motion trackers online if you havn't already. 3rd Squad sweep the rest of the lab and keep your eyes on any vents and ducts"

[O.O.C there is currently only one motion tracker per squad, these items arn't standard issue kit to everyone so don't assume you have one. Currently Quinn has 1st squads, Tyler 2nd squads (i'll assume Pitt lent him his) and Rose 3rd squads].

Simovic then walked over to Honetsett. "Do you think we should call whats happened in to command?".

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 10 Trial By Fire

Post by Apachetear » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:57 pm

"Let's wait until Bojan's finished on the computer then contact command, I want to be able to appraise them fully as opposed to piecemeal."

Jacob lit a cigarette and looked enviously at the coffee that was spilt, his stomach gurgled - he sure was hungry.

"Don't forget to watch the vents, walls and floors marines - these aliens have been known to come from any direction!"

laying his pulse rifle in his lap, one hand still on the handle and trigger he reclined and decided he was going to damn well enjoy this cigarette!
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Turn 10 Trial By Fire

Post by Dirk Pitt » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:49 pm

"Fox, have a look around. If you see anything let us know fast. Don't try to kill em all Fox. Leave some for the rest of us. Tyler, Spurlock. Stay close and be ready." Dirk said as he lit a cigaret.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 10 Trial By Fire

Post by AstroBoy » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:59 am

"I didn't get much, but what I did get is big. They've been researching and also, wait for it, tinkering with the DNA of the xenos. We'd better give command a ring, even if they don't already know about it. Everyone else, keep an eye out but rest your legs.", Bojan said to the platoon.

"Who do you want to contact command Jacob?", Bojan asked Honeysett.

William Jones

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 10 Trial By Fire

Post by Apachetear » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:06 pm

"If someone can patch me and you through, I can tell 'em the big picture while you colour in the details...? How does that sound Bojan" Replied Jacob, rubbing his chin - he just couldn't comprehend what DNA tinnkering could mean in the long run...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn 10 Trial By Fire

Post by Dugan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:24 pm

"We can contact the dropship and then they can relay our message to command, as we aren't carrying a radio powerful enough to reach command at Keystone Station. I took the liberty of putting the dropship on channel 3 of our comms headsets".

ImageImage

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 10 Trial By Fire

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:58 pm

[quote=""AstroBoy""]"I didn't get much, but what I did get is big. They've been researching and also, wait for it, tinkering with the DNA of the xenos. We'd better give command a ring, even if they don't already know about it. Everyone else, keep an eye out but rest your legs.", Bojan said to the platoon.

"Who do you want to contact command Jacob?", Bojan asked Honeysett.

[/quote]

Tyler overheard the conversation the higher ups were having. Tinkering with the DNA of the xenos.... Tyler remembered how Sergeant Simovic was wondering how the xenos managed to cover the vents again from the inside. A thought struck Tyler. "Sergeant Simovic sir. Remember that vent with the grating put back on from the inside? Gunnery Sergeant Bojan said how these people have been screwing around with xeno DNA...... you don't think they managed to make them smarter do you?"

ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Corporal Hicks
Major

Turn 10 Trial By Fire

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:48 am

"When will they learn?" thought Roberts as he looked around. "Is there a way we could seal the vents, or send a robot up there or something? Maybe a grenade or flamethrower. I don't want 'em to get the jump on us again."

He tapped his fist on Ivanov's shoulder twice. Ivanov had been unusually quiet, and he might be freaking out he thought. He watched every side, looking for threats.

(OOC: Roll for Perception/spot ambush)
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 10 Trial By Fire

Post by Apachetear » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:18 pm

"Cheers Dugan" Jacob smiled "Ok Bojan, you ready?"

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 10 Trial By Fire

Post by Hunk » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:32 pm

[quote=""Dirk Pitt""]Dirk ebtered the room. Lights flickered on and off. Walking from object to object until he came to the chestburster.

" My god." He wispered to him self. " Ok second, We know our enemy. We have won last time and we'll win again. Keep the motion trackers online. Tyler, Spurlock, Motion trackers now! Fox, get ready. These bastards can hit us at any time."

" Orders? Do you want second to continue the sweep. The xenos are here. I believe in force." He said into the comm. They needed to find the fuckers and kill em all, or evac and blow the ship.
[/quote]

Fox looked around. " I don't know about you dirk but I am gonna take my position up by the entrance door to this room it would really help tactical wise." Fox waited there for dirks response. He kept his eyes peeled all 360 degrees around him.

-=Tag Dirk=-
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn 10 Trial By Fire

Post by Dugan » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:48 pm

[quote=""Tyler Ishizawa""]

Tyler overheard the conversation the higher ups were having. Tinkering with the DNA of the xenos.... Tyler remembered how Sergeant Simovic was wondering how the xenos managed to cover the vents again from the inside. A thought struck Tyler. "Sergeant Simovic sir. Remember that vent with the grating put back on from the inside? Gunnery Sergeant Bojan said how these people have been screwing around with xeno DNA...... you don't think they managed to make them smarter do you?"

[/quote]

Simovic frowned thinking about the implications of what Tyler was saying "I sincerely hope not because we are seriously fucked if that's the case!".

Last edited by Dugan on Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”