Turn 11 Down the Home Stretch

The 6th campaign.
Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:27 pm

Seeing the wave of aliens still around, Quinn began thinking quickly. Ivanov was gone before he could see where he went, but a pair of kicking feet down a hatchway said that he was carried off.

But the twelve aliens around them were a problem. Analyzing the situation quickly, Quinn removed two grenades from his pack. "Marines! Throw your nades! One in each hand! Then run like hell!"

Quinn lobbed the two nades a few meters away from him and then started booking down the hallway towards the docking bay. This tactic would remove most of the threat to the point where the xenos could be taken on more easily. From the docking bay where the APCs guns could be used to provide covering fire.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:12 pm

Tyler got up from the ground. He felt a searing pain on his left cheek and his hands, he'd been splashed by some of the xeno blood. Not only him, all those who helped him too. He felt terrible, the others getting hit because of him. But there was a bigger problem now.

He looked around, 12 xenomorphs. Tyler was about to do as Quinn said, when he suddenly remembered, he had replaced all his grenades with buckshot. He used up about half his clip on the xenomorph that grabbed him. Down to 45 again.

Tyler quickly brought up his M41A, spraying the xenomorphs with gunfire. After emptying his clip, he began to pull back, while firing buckshot from his grenade launcher, before finally turning around and making a run for it, while reloading his pulse rifle at the same time. He payed complete attention to his surroundings. He didn't want another xenomorph grabbing him.

OOC: Flamethrower attack edited out, everybody forget that ever happened.
Last edited by Tyler Ishizawa on Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by Hunk » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:20 am

Fox was missed by the spray but was then confronted twelve hungry xenomorphs. Fox's gun targeting processor was going off mad. Fox clamped the trigger as he pivoted around to hit all the targets enclosing. Fox came to a trance, while he still firing at a constant rate, he could die at any moment. He began to back up towards the squad so he wouldn't be stuck between the two forces.

"Hold the fucking line."
-=Tag everyone=-

(Your skill list should say if you can use it or not.Only Flash bang, smoke, incineration grenades.

Firearms/Smartgun/Multiple targets.)
Last edited by Hunk on Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:03 am

Simovic and the others had been successful in pulling Tyler free from the Xeno's clutches but at the expense of getting acid spray, which had damaged most of his leg armour. After he had regained his composure he looked up to be confronted by a mass of Xeno's advancing on them. They were in serious shit, and their only hope was that the dropship would be ready and waiting at the landing bay airlock.

[O.O.C the dropship wasn't carrying an APC and even if it was theres no one left to be driving it, it does however carry its own weaponary]

Simovic saw Quinn throw a few grenades and he himself launched another M60 Incendiary grenade into the mass of Xeno's and then turned and then made his way at double pace towards the airlock doors.

[Roll autofire at group]

[O.O.C Quinn would have used M60 incendiary grenades too as I didn't issue M40 HE for fear of rupturing the space station and sucking us out into space]
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:09 pm

The xeno exploded, spraying acid on the chest plate of Dirk's armor. The sound of it disolving made Dirk move all the faster.

"Shit, Mother fucker, Off, off" He was shouting as he unhooked his armor letting it fall to the ground only moments before the acid reached him.

He got back up and all hell broke loose. The xenos were pouring out of the vents. Dirk fired at the xenos as they came. Rage started to build. They took Ivanov. They wanted the rest of them.

"Fox, hit em as hard as you can. Tyler with me. We'll move left and catch these fuckers in a cross fire. Lets move Marines" Dirk said as he moved to the left fireing as he went. Then a thought hit hit him.

"Damn. Sarge, we need to get the guys on the dropship as fast as we can. This much acid will eat through the decks fast. The ship is going to decompress as soon as it burns through the hull. Second is down one man but still in the fight. What ever you deside we'll cover you. Over." Dirk said as he got to the left of the attacking xenos catching them in a cross fire.

"Thats right fuckers! Come get some" He shouted as he put round after round into the attacking and screaming xenos

(OOC Please roll Automatic firearm M-41A )
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:40 pm

While in the midst of running, Tyler heard Dirk's orders. He spun around and ran over to dirk, while at the same time taking his canteen and dumping water over the acid burns on his hands and cheek. Luckily, the acid wasn't working too fast, but the water wouldn't keep it at bay for ever. Long as it holds till I get a medic, Tyler thought to himself.

Tyler then got beside dirk, on the left of the attacking xenomorphs. He brought up his pulse rifle and fired at the nearest xenos, this time with a fresh clip. His fear of the xenomorphs had now turned to complete rage. "Come on motherfuckers! I gotta repay you bastards for the favor!".

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:12 am

((For the record, you guys are outnumbered and you have a chance to fall back to a more defensible position while the xenos are stopped by the flames. You're either insane or stupid, because they're practically on top of you. They excel at close combat. We excel at ranged combat. So get some bloody distance.))

((Also, once I get back to the bay GM, I set up at the doors to provide covering fire for the three idiots who decided to go toe to toe with twelve xenos.))
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:45 am

Tyler looked back to see the other marines withdrawing. He shouted to dirk over the gunfire, "Dirk! The others have pulled back, let's pull out ourselves!". Tyler then began withdrawing, while firing at the xenomorphs with his pulse rifle.

OOC: The flame attack was edited out. I didn't notice that "Heavy Weapons" wasn't listed under my skills. My apologies.

I don't think we're exactly toe to toe. And cause there aren't any flames, we gotta cover the others as they make a run for it. But yeah, it's about time we made a run for it.

- JR -
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by - JR - » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:15 am

Jonsson cringed as Quinn and Dugan lobbed their grenades into the midst, but overcame the reflex to get the hell away from the explosions. This turned out to have been the right course of action, as the incendiary grenades proved their less explosive nature by not sending them all to an icy grave.

His face and arms seared, but he saw no visible damage out of the corner of his eyes. As they started to fall back, he let a dry clip fall from his pulse rifle and slammed another in. He saw the demons before him, heard the repeated orders to retreat, but it wasn't until the words 'explosive decompression' passed over his ears that his determined mind's gears slid for a split second. Still, he growled his protest with an angry and confused "Ivanov?" He knew full well the others would be able to fill in the rest of the sentence in their mind.. 'How long do we have to get Ivanov back?'
Sergeant Sara Wang - Communications Chief

Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat
Professional Biologist, Engineer
Proficient in Vehicle & Computer Operation & Repair
...Acceptable Marskmanship

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by Hunk » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:06 pm

((I know there on top dummy im slowed down do to the smartgun, soon as i turn my back claws or tails will be dug into my back cause im further up towards the vent.And my orders were to hit him hard! SEMPER FI!!))
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:35 pm

Dirk saw Tyler start to fall back. Too soon he thought. We have to give them more time.
"Hold fast Marine, wait for frist to set up a defenceive line. They will cover us as we fall back." Dirk said as he slammed another clip into his pulse rifle.

He sent more hot lead at the attacking hord of monsters
"Keep it up Fox. We hold em here.

"Roberts, let me know when you are ready to cover us as we fall back. Make it fast, we are in danger of being over run here"

(OOC roll automatic weapons fire M-41A Multi targets multi fire)

(OOC-Quinn, I am not insane or stupid. If you check the post from Pale Rider, you would see that we ARE in the landing bay. There is nowhere else to fall back to. If second squad pulls back before first and whats left of third is set up to cover us as we fall back we will all be over run.)
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:45 am

Dirk Pitt wrote:Dirk saw Tyler start to fall back. Too soon he thought. We have to give them more time.
"Hold fast Marine, wait for frist to set up a defenceive line. They will cover us as we fall back." Dirk said as he slammed another clip into his pulse rifle.
Tyler did as told. I must've looked like an idiot running back and forth, he thought to himself. He emptied his pulse rifle clip, drew a fresh one and jammed it into his pulse rifle. He immediately begin firing thereafter.

The sheer volume of acid on the floor was starting to make him feel uneasy. If they didn't get out of here soon, true to Dirk's word, the hull of the station would be breached. He hoped that the dropship would show up soon.

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:21 am

((So it is. I apologize, I was given the impression that we were still in the corridors. This shifts my tactical thinking quite a bit.))

Quinn took cover behind some boxes and looked over the situation. Several aliens were all over the place, with some of the incendiary grenades still burning. Sixtus here set up his pulse rifle and started lining up single shots as he was taught in basic training. Line up the target, lead the target, breathe out, squeeze the trigger. Next target.

Sixtus fired again and again and again, providing sniper fire to disable the xenos so the other five marines could rip into them with their shots. Where's the damn dropship? Sixtus wondered for a split second, before returning to firing single shots.

Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:23 am

Simovic reached the airlock and again tried to contact the dropship, "I need an ETA, we can't hold out much longer!"

Simovic then turned his attention to the attacking Xenomorphs, firing his pulse rifle in controlled bursts. He noiced that the injured Spurlock was equiped with a Flame Unit, which could be put to good use. He spoke into his comms "Someone in 2nd Squad get Spurlocks Flame Unit and lay down a wall of fire, hopefully it'll stop those things".

[Roll autofire multiple targets]

(O.O.C I think we're on about the 16th floor so there shouldn't be any chance of the acid eating through the entire space station).
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:53 pm

"This is LT. Thompson, I have Dropship Alpha prepped and ready for immediate departure. What is the sit?"

Suddenly the room is plunged into total darkness, the only light source coming from the Incendiary Grenades and the muzzles as rounds are pounded into the attacking aliens. A fresh wave of aliens replace the fallen.
GM

Image Image Image

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”