Turn 12 Back to Hell

The 6th campaign.
Pale Rider
Major

Turn 12 Back to Hell

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:40 pm

The depleted numbers of the Marines reorganized and regrouped to return to the station to retrieve their former teammates.
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Turn 12 Back to Hell

Post by Dirk Pitt » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:30 pm

Dirk finished loading his Pulse rifle and getting extra ammo. He lit a cigaret and closed his eyes for a moment.

"Just be ready Fox. We know what we are fighting this time, but they are smarter. Lets just get in, get our guys and get the fuck out of there alive" Dirk said smiling at his old friend

Entering the station felt like returning to the scene of a crime. They had to pull back and regroup, but Marines don't leave their oun behind.

"Tyler, get that motion tracker online and keep your eyes on it. I want to know when anything is comming at us.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 12 Back to Hell

Post by Hunk » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:58 pm

"Just be ready Fox. We know what we are fighting this time, but they are smarter. Lets just get in, get our guys and get the fuck out of there alive" Dirk said smiling at his old friend
"We should regroup everyone. Assemble two squads out of the remains of the marines. Have an assault team to distract all of the drones. Meanwhile we have the second squad descend to the depths and rescue the survivors.I could lead a stealth approach into the heart of the hive, after all thats what i have been trained to do." Fox's facial look was completely serious.
-=Tag Dirk=-

(Command)
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn 12 Back to Hell

Post by Dugan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:38 pm

Simovic looked at the motley crew of survivors. Honeysett was going to be overseeing the mission from the dropship and Con's injuries meant he'd be sitting this one out. "Ok Fox I hear you, so before we go back in the squads have been re-organized to this. First Squad will be me, Roberts (if he feels he can continue), Bojan and then finally Quinn. Second Squad Pitt, Fox, Ishizawa and Jonnson. We're going to track the MIA's via their P.D.T's which will show on the console Bojan has patched a map of the station onto. Honeysett will then be able to guide us to them, any other suggestions regarding tactics, lets hear them now".

[O.O.C Pale Rider are we going back into the station a different route than before?]
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 12 Back to Hell

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:09 am

Dugan wrote:Honeysett will then be able to guide us to them, any other suggestions regarding tactics, lets hear them now".
"Sir, I think it'd be a good idea for somebody to bring along a flame unit. It'll come in handy for holding off the xenos if we run into them".

(OOC: regarding the Incinerator, if we are to bring one along, that person has to have the heavy weapons skill.)
ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 12 Back to Hell

Post by Hunk » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:40 am

Fox looked at Dugan, with a pleased look on his face, acknowledged." So does that mean there is going to be a scout team to lure them over so we are not fully overrun? With the scouts, they could rig up some turrets to run back too.Set up charges to explode when the team gets through with the xenomorphs on there tails. Set up fall back groups of two, and just cause a chain effect." Fox sighed for a minute, things would be a lot more tactical with me in part command. "Now that these monsters have human like thinking, we could fight them like they were humans with a couple dirty tactics." Fox felt like a human again. If the higher command would follow through with his plan, the marines might be able to get some where.
-=Dugan=-
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
8th platoon Squad 3

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn 12 Back to Hell

Post by Dugan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:35 am

Tyler Ishizawa wrote:
Dugan wrote:Honeysett will then be able to guide us to them, any other suggestions regarding tactics, lets hear them now".
"Sir, I think it'd be a good idea for somebody to bring along a flame unit. It'll come in handy for holding off the xenos if we run into them".

"Ill take one" Simovic ditched his rifle grabbing a Flame Unit. He wanted to travel light as the Xeno's moved fast.

Hunk wrote:Fox looked at Dugan, with a pleased look on his face, acknowledged." So does that mean there is going to be a scout team to lure them over so we are not fully overrun? With the scouts, they could rig up some turrets to run back too.Set up charges to explode when the team gets through with the xenomorphs on there tails. Set up fall back groups of two, and just cause a chain effect." Fox sighed for a minute, things would be a lot more tactical with me in part command. "Now that these monsters have human like thinking, we could fight them like they were humans with a couple dirty tactics." Fox felt like a human again. If the higher command would follow through with his plan, the marines might be able to get some where.
"OK we're give it a try, theres four Sentry Guns on the Dropship but these things are heavy so we're have to shift them in twos. Fox check about see if you can get a demo kit, if not there should be some claymores. The last consideration is which squads going to act as the bait, sorry scout team!"

[OOC I guess its up to Pale if we have a demo kit but the contents of the dropship would include the contents of the APC:

http://colonialmarines.wikispaces.com/Vehicles#toc2 ]
Last edited by Dugan on Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 12 Back to Hell

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:56 am

Dugan wrote:"Ill take one" Simovic ditched his rifle grabbing a Flame Unit. He wanted to travel light as the Xeno's moved fast.
"I'll take one too, just in case. Should come handy if second runs into xenos". Tyler did the same as Simovic. He dropped his pulse rifle and picked up a fully filled M240 Incinerator.

Since he wouldn't be needing any more of the buckshot, he swapped the 4 he had on his webbing for another 4 incendiary grenades.

"Heh. I'm quite the pyromaniac aren't I?"

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Turn 12 Back to Hell

Post by Quinn » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:00 am

"We should use a kind of diversion." Quinn sat on the bench of the APC and looked up at Bojan. "One team draws most of the xenos off where our boys are being held, which will give the second team a better chance of getting our people out."

Quinn removed a datapad and opened a drawing program, gesturing for the Marines to come close. "We need to land in a large area, so we can have the APC and it's guns available to cover for Team One. That'll be the trap. Once the xenos are in the bay, arm the claymores from where you just came through, so if the xenos try to head back, they'll get blown all to hell."

"Now, once the shooting starts, that'll be when Team Two enters the place where our boys are being kept. The xenos are sure to have guards around that will warn the others when a serious attack is attempted. So while Team Two is performing the rescue, Team One has to kill all the aliens it pulls off. That way, there won't be any ambushes on these bastards parts while Team Two evacuates the wounded."

Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Turn 12 Back to Hell

Post by Dirk Pitt » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:59 pm

Dirk lit a cigaret, then he turned to Dugan."Ok Sarg, how do you want us to go in? And is the dropship going to remain on station? We're going to have to get out fast once we get the MIAs"
Last edited by Dirk Pitt on Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn 12 Back to Hell

Post by Dugan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:39 pm

Quinn wrote:"We should use a kind of diversion." Quinn sat on the bench of the APC and looked up at Bojan. "One team draws most of the xenos off where our boys are being held, which will give the second team a better chance of getting our people out."

Quinn removed a datapad and opened a drawing program, gesturing for the Marines to come close. "We need to land in a large area, so we can have the APC and it's guns available to cover for Team One. That'll be the trap. Once the xenos are in the bay, arm the claymores from where you just came through, so if the xenos try to head back, they'll get blown all to hell."

"Now, once the shooting starts, that'll be when Team Two enters the place where our boys are being kept. The xenos are sure to have guards around that will warn the others when a serious attack is attempted. So while Team Two is performing the rescue, Team One has to kill all the aliens it pulls off. That way, there won't be any ambushes on these bastards parts while Team Two evacuates the wounded."
"We need to be able to make a fast getaway so I don't think we can really afford to have anyone sat in the APC when we're retreating. However we can put two of the Sentry Guns near the hanger for when we fall back. The other two will be nearer our MIA's covering the snatch team. Again we only have four claymores so I guess it makes sense to share these out between the two defended areas as well".

[OOC plus I don't think the dropship was carrying the APC]

Dirk Pitt wrote:Dirk turned to the group."Ok guys, lets get our minds on our jobs. If Sgt Simovic wants any advice he'll ask for it. Until then use the chain of command. Go through your squadleaders unless told different." Dirk said somewhat sternly.

Then lighting a cigaret he turned to Dugan."Ok Sarg, how do you want us to go in? And is the dropship going to remain on station? We're going to have to get out fast once we get the MIAs"
"Yeah we're have the dropship sealed in the airlock, I don't think even these Xenomorph's are strong enough to get through a metre thick of cold steel, especially when two Sentry Guns will be raining down led on them if they attempt it. Then once we snatch the MIA's we just need to get back here, we're radio ahead for Lt. Thompson to be ready to open the inner airlock doors when we approach and then god willing we're jump in the dropship and high tail it out of here. Ok Second Squad you will act as the snatch team, I suggest you travel light so Fox ditch the Smart Gun for a Pulse Rifle".

"We're then deploy from here, setup two Smartguns and two Claymores outside the airlock, then move as a team to the target. Just before we reach it we're set up the other two sentry guns and claymores in a strategic place, which will cover a retreat. 2nd Squad will then move in to get the MIA's while First Squad covers them. If we're able to find a demo kit before we set off, I'll rig up some explosives to also cover the retreat. Once 2nd Squad gets the MIA's they will move at speed to the dropship while 1st Squad covers them, closing any doors or bulk heads and using Incendiary grenades to slow down any of those fuckers if they attempt to follow. This isn't going to be easy but we don't leave our men behind.. Semper Fi".

[OOC Pale did we manage to find a Demo kit on the dropship? Also we are entering at a different hanger bay than the one that was over run, I seem to remember there was two on the map, but now I can't find it.].
Last edited by Dugan on Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 12 Back to Hell

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:32 pm

(OOC: Yes to both. The secondary hanger is at the northern tip of the installation)
GM

Image Image Image

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 12 Back to Hell

Post by Hunk » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:03 pm

Dugan wrote: "OK we're give it a try, theres four Sentry Guns on the Dropship but these things are heavy so we're have to shift them in twos. Fox check about see if you can get a demo kit, if not there should be some claymores. The last consideration is which squads going to act as the bait, sorry scout team!"

"Yeah we're have the dropship sealed in the airlock, I don't think even these Xenomorph's are strong enough to get through a metre thick of cold steel, especially when two Sentry Guns will be raining down led on them if they attempt it. Then once we snatch the MIA's we just need to get back here, we're radio ahead for Lt. Thompson to be ready to open the inner airlock doors when we approach and then god willing we're jump in the dropship and high tail it out of here. Ok Second Squad you will act as the snatch team, I suggest you travel light so Fox ditch the Smart Gun for a Pulse Rifle".

"We're then deploy from here, setup two Smartguns and two Claymores outside the airlock, then move as a team to the target. Just before we reach it we're set up the other two sentry guns and claymores in a strategic place, which will cover a retreat.

"Roger that." Fox grinned to see that this would be his moment in time. He made it to the armory and loaded up the demo kit and some claymores. It was like taking candy from a baby, explosive candy. Fox took his smartgun off. He carefully attached the satchel safely. He grabbed a pulse rifle. He loaded a fresh clip into it. He watched the meter race up to 99 and the gun was ready. Fox thought to himself, we are getting them back. Even if i have to sacrifice my life.

Fox came back to dugan." Alright I got the demo kit along with these claymore. Im ready when you are."
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
8th platoon Squad 3

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Turn 12 Back to Hell

Post by Dugan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:20 pm

"Ok hand over the demo kit, your part of the snatch team so won't have an opportunity to use it.... just in case though take these". Simovic handed Fox a block of M662 Munition Charge, some blasting caps, a M700A2 Multi-detonator (which could be used to set a timer to trigger the charge) and lastly a hand held radio unit, that'd allow for remote detonation if he so wished.

Simovic picked up a spare Fame Unit, checked its cannister, good it was full. He then grabbed a few grenades to replace the ones he'd used and a pair of claymores. This was it, what they were going to encounter he was unsure of, but from what they knew there was a likelihood that the MIA's were being held ready for the facehuggers to impregnate them. The thought made him feel sick to the stomach and he guessed that they didn't have much time left either.

"Ok lets move out"

The Marines moved out of the dropship and through the inner hanger doors into the main station, each pair of Marines lugging a Sentry Gun. "Ok First Squad deploy A & B Sentry Guns here, Lt. Thompson get the inner doors closed". Simovic then started deploying the claymores.

[Roll Demolitions]

[OOC PR I'm not sure on the layout of the station but if theres a corridor leading to the hanger bay the Sentry Guns will be placed in it towards the end nearest the hanger and the Claymores nearer the middle of the corridor but far enough that detonating them won't destroy the guns. There'll be rigged up to clackers and can be detonated manually, this way it should stop anyone from being cut off or caught up in the explosions].
ImageImage

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 12 Back to Hell

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:24 pm

Tyler took a deep breath, and stepped back into the station with second squad. He nervously glanced around, trying to look for any signs of the xenos.

He then turned on the motion tracker, and began scanning for any movement in the area.

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”