New players/readers!

Anything & Everything
Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: New players/readers!

Post by Raider65 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:28 pm

Semper Fi! Wow! So cool to meet more Marines! (and everyone else here playing Marines in the USCM, he he)

I was in the USMC from '87 to '95.

Was medically retired with service connection in 2004 with PGWS. Which they denied that it existed for 17 yrs. Finally in Nov 2008 the DoD admitted that it did exist and that the Military had caused it with the PB pills and the toxic bug spray they had used. And that they could not unlink the DU rounds, the secret shots called Vac A and Vac B or the gas attacks that occurred but were covered up, both from friendly bombing and hostile engagements. Also no DS Vets have gotten any compensation yet, the DoD would only release this info if the government gave them, the DoD immunity and the DS Vets could not use this disclosure as evidence in the GW1 lawsuits. They just wanted another 60 million for more research, IMO to perfect the secret shots. They already stated that there is no way an antidote can be created because of all the records and evidence being destroyed. The DoD is good at cover-ups. 

How much if any, did "Aliens" have in your decision to join the USMC?
Last edited by Raider65 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image  LCpl Erik Stormhurst
ImageImage

Altair
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Altair » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:21 am

Hey there. Wanted to say hi as well. Well this is not the first time I on this site even had a few posts in one of the campaigns but that was a long time ago :) Received a letter from Nick about a new campaign so just wanted to join again. Waiting for Nick to finish the joining form and hopefully will be seeing you in the current campaign.

I am 26, live in Ukraine. If any question don't be afraid to ask...

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:54 am

Got an email from Nick about the game and I'm considering joining in again but it depends on my committments.

Oh and the police thing fell through due to an epiphany on my part. I realised I was just wasn't cut out for police work and instead am going to become an actor/scriptwriter instead!

EDIT

If I do rejoin I'm coming in as a completely new character. Roberto Martinez has a nice ring to it. Possible he was a Spanish pirate at some point or maybe he just really likes pirates. Either way he's got a thing for pirates!

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:20 am

Hey pants!!!

Awesome that You're back, missed You. O0

//N

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:32 am

Looking forward to being back. Can't wait to get horribly murdered by a xenomorph!

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:00 am

Haha!

;D

//N

evanalexander
Private

Post by evanalexander » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:45 pm

Pvt Evan Alexander Reporting for duty! Hello!! .... Sarge. .....
... Where the devil is the Duty NCO, So I can check in? These bags are getting heavy!
Private Evan W. Alexander
U.S.C.M.
Rifleman/Security
Support Squad

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:26 pm

Hey Marine have you created a character? If not report here and fill in the necessary paper work:

http://uscmrpg.03b2.com/uscmrpgform.pdf

There's a guide on how to fill it in here:

http://uscmrpg.03b2.com/playerguide.pdf

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:35 pm

Welcome aboard Evan! Stow your kit and grab a brew!

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:44 am

sig check

Casey
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Casey » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:36 pm

Hey people. Was actually wondering if anyone would be avalible to go over character ideas and so forth with me. I'm reading the join booklet thing, but I've never really done... stat based roleplay before; and I have a few questions which could just, be easily dispersed I guess if I had a little help over messengers. Uhm.

I have YIM, which goes with MSN; CaseyLexisD@yahoo.com

Any help would be appreciated, thanks. :)

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:09 am

Hi, its probably just as easy to ask your questions here, that way we can all help with the answers.

Casey
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Casey » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:15 am

Yeah, I suppose you're probably right. Obi did a pretty bang up job helping me a little via Email, but I guess the easiest thing is to check out my character I uploaded, Casey Rayne, and offer any critique you can? See if I got all my bases straight and all that. I'm not sure if the last name is gonna stick though... Thinking about switching it to maybe... Valentine, what do you think? :P

Practically, the questions I asked were, what was the 'Cost' for beside the weight of the items. I wondered if we had to buy it or something, because the cost isn't always proportional to the weight, ect. ect.

Other then that I was wondering the specifics of the Knockout Value, and Action Number like (6)? And what stats would effect what kinda saves and so forth. Oh, and the learning roll, I get it, but I really don't understand why it's good to have a higher one, what it does and so forth like the other two values I named above.

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:51 pm

Its up to you what name you go for, either seems fine.

The cost besides weapons is if you were to buy them. Currently new characters are only allowed equipment which is part of their standard issue combat equipment, which is listed in the players guide.

With regards Knockout Value, Combat Actions & Learning Roll I've put descriptions of them in the revised players guide here:

http://www.03b2.com/files/playerguide.pdf

With the Learning Roll you need to roll under your value on a 100 sided dice, so its better to have a higher value in this stat.

I checked over your character and it seems ok apart from your equipment. The weight of the equipment harness is included in your armor so you don't have to put this under 'Combat Equipment'. Likewise the Light and Nightvision equipment is also part of your armor. It has a shoulder lamp built into to the armored vest and also a Infrared/ low light eyepiece on the helmet plus the sniper rifle would also have a scope on it capable of operating in nightvision. Though if you want you can get separate nightvison gear but you'd have to purchase this yourself or see if your C.O can get some issued to you.

If you want more info on gear checkout here:

http://colonialmarines.wikispaces.com/Equipment

Casey
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Casey » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:03 pm

Yeah I had read about the weaponry, but I guess I was confused about the armor and what it came with. I'll do some modifications, but thanks for the help.

Now if I can only get involved eh?

Edit: I can't like... modify or delete the the old uploaded file anymore, so I'm not real sure like how I'm supposed to change the gear. XD

Return to “Off topic”