[AVP] Finished the Predator campaign

Anything & Everything
Sam
Private First Class
Private First Class

[AVP] Finished the Predator campaign

Post by Sam » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:02 pm

Well, this was something of a disappointment. After the fairly lengthy human campaign I expected something of similar duration, but as those of you who've played through the game know, that's not the case. It seemed like things were just getting started when it was all over.

I do think that in terms of sheer run-around-and-kill-stuff entertainment, the Predator campaign delivered. My stealth efforts were of mixed results, but when I could actually pull off picking apart a group of marines with distract and just plain old stalking, it was quite a lot of fun. I never seemed to have enough juice for the plasma caster, though, particularly given how hard it was to get a bead on a moving target (like an Alien) using just the standard firing mode. Charging up a shot and triangulating with the sight was a (literal) blast, but could only be pulled off a couple of times before the plasma caster became useless.

Speaking of weapons: how many of you actually used the full range of weaponry available to you? I don't think I used the mines once and the smart disk was of limited utility. By contrast, once I got the spear I was nigh-unstoppable, particularly against the combat androids.

Anyway, those are my brief thoughts on the Predator campaign. I could see having a good time in multiplayer with the stealth and jumping around bits, assuming it allows for such things.

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Re: [AVP] Finished the Predator campaign

Post by Obi » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:12 am

Still, you got to cut people in half with a pred disc. AWESOME!!!!!
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Sam
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sam » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:56 pm

I was never able to get enough control over it to use it effectively. I managed to kill one combat android with it, but it wasn't pretty.

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:28 pm

I never used the mines, and I think I used the discs once or twice. Mostly it was the wrist blades, plasma caster, and the spear on occasion.

It was definitely grisly, but I like how the Marines got wise to your distraction tactics after a while. I wish I could have used the spear in melee personally, that would have made it great for me.

But for the feeling of being a hunter, I never really got that feeling of stalking your intended target, slowly lining up a shot and pulling the trigger. The act felt... faked.

Dropping on top of a Marine and ripping his head out was entertaining though.

Return to “Off topic”