Bot troubles

Anything & Everything
Corporal Hicks
Major

Bot troubles

Post by Corporal Hicks » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:39 pm

I figured I would post an update here for those who are interested. I have been fighting with russian and middle eastern bots for about a month now. For a while we were getting upwards of 100 bots registering per day. I tried various methods of dealing with this but these met with marginal or no success. My final action was to install a CaptCha that is so difficult I can barely solve it. So far that has cut it down to about 4 bots a day. I am more clever now and I can check their IP addresses and see what country they are from. So if any real players from Russia or Pakistan try to join, well that's just unfortunate.

Nick has talked about adding a second Aliens-related question as they seem to have figured out who the Sergeant in Aliens is. I can't figure out how to do it myself or I already would have done so. I think only Nick has access.

Anyway, I've been fighting to keep the site clear of bots. It was taking away the fun of playing if I have to dig through 50 profiles every time I log in lol
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Off topic”