M3T1

The 7th Campaign
Dugan
First Lieutenant

Re: M3T1

Post by Dugan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:57 pm

Obi wrote:

"Staff, perhaps we could substitute an M56 with an E2.  I mean, on paper the E2 looks like an excellent Light Support Weapon.  Given the confines at which we will be operating in, an E2 LSW maybe more effective and make it easier for the  machine gunners to get around.  Given that its the same round as a standard M41A, we know that it will put one of those things down."

"Well we've only got access to one of them at the moment so we could only substitute it into one squad. Again the support squad will need to look into how confined the area we're be operating in is, to see if we're be able to even take the M56 Smartguns in. If not we may have to ditch them and arm the machine gunners with Pulse Rifles or Auto Shotguns".

Simovic went over to where the support squad were stood "I have a few questions I'll need you to find answers to. Firstly will the sewer structures be strong enough to withstand blasts from grenades and explosives? Secondly will there be enough room to use the Smartguns. Liase with Jean and the Lieutenent if you have any problems finding out the info".

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:17 pm

Morse started laughin after he heard the notion that they should switch out for the M41A-E2. In many ways the E2 was a major disadvantage. I had no secondary weapon, didn't fire much faster then the M41A, it used the same rounds as the M41A. It was a weapon of suppressing fire, not particularly designed for actually shreading through targets. Moreover it was a horrible weapon to fire from the waist. Of course this was just what Morse new from his requisition data, which he had completely memorized.

"The E2 aint even in production yet. I came close to havin had to sell off my soul, and 2 limbs and everythin i own just to get on the trial program! Side's, damn things near in impossible to shoot standing up, and it aint got no back up weapon." Morse shot towards O'brian. He recalled a time earlier on the last mission where he had done something similar. It wasn't an offense he was stating, but he didn't like hearin things that weren't good ideas, or weren't thought out.

< Tag Obi

He looked around at the others who were there. He hated this part of things, because everyone had a laundry list of questions and only a few of em were actually necessary to know. He just stood and awaited what ever came next.
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Gaz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gaz » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:42 pm

Sir, if I seemed disrespectful it was unententional, and about the M42A, normally I would jump on the chance to get my hands on one of those, but in a sewer facing those things, I would really like to have something with rapid fire. Oh, and I will try my best not to shit my pants, Sir.

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:15 pm

Samantha did her best to remain calm, but internally she was getting really annoyed at all the 'gather this gear' and 'look into this' orders. She had joined the Corps to be an Infantry Rifleman; not to work as a 'gopher' in Admin or Logistics. Still; she would do as she was ordered, like any good Marine would.

Writing down her various orders, she over-heard a lot of the conversations going on around her and was smirking at some of the "Yes, sirs!" the NCOs were getting. I know I'm fresh out of bootcamp; but even I know that you never call Enlisted personnel 'Sir'...unless you're trying to be a smart-ass.

Having finished writing down her orders into her PDA, she glanced at the Platoon Org Chart again and noticed that a LCPL Chris Sheppard had been assigned to the Support Squad. Looking around the room for him, she spotted him and walked over.

"Hi there", she said in a quiet voice with her Carribbean accent noticable; "I'm Sam Hall and it looks like we've both been assigned to the Support Squad. So, have you ever fought anything like these xeno-morphs before?"
Last edited by maxvale76 on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageSGT Samantha "Sam" Hall

M41A Pulse Rifle

Chris Shepard
Private

Post by Chris Shepard » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:25 pm

From a short distance away, Chris Shepard's voice reverberated through a hallway.

"...Yeah you know where to stick those orders, Gunny!"

His footsteps grew louder as he moved towards the briefing room, mumbling and cursing under his breath. He stepped into the doorway, wearing his Class A Service Uniform.

Chris was of a medium build, and could usually be seen with a shit eating grin on his face. His tone of voice always dripped with sarcasm unbecoming of a Marine, and his hair was way out of regulations.

He had a few medals upon his chest, but nothing of great significance. Anyone who had been in the Corps for more than six months would have realized the story they told. That Chris had participated in a few combat missions in the Fleet, was a Lance Corporal, and had a bad attitude. Actually, you could just tell that by looking at him.

He had never really seen any significant combat. A few pop shots at an occasional human, but nothing major. Nothing like
what a majority of this platoon had seen. But he didn't care. He was tossed in the brig before he could get into any major shit.

Chris looked down at the piece of paper he held with him.

"Uh...Sergeant..Hoffman?"

Chris looked up and saw it was a female. He nearly winced in pain and cursed under his breath. He sighed and marched up to the Sergeant, snapping at attention with mockery.

"Lance Corporal Christopher Shepard reporting to duty!"

He ended the sentence with his shit eating grin.

Hearing Samantha's voice, he turned to face her, smiling quickly and looking back to Hoffman.

He then snapped his head back to Sam.

"Whoa whoa..you're in my squad too!?" Chris' voice was filled with shock. He shook his head and crumpled up the paper in his hand. "Man, they really got it out for me this time. I'm doomed."

He walked away from the two women, throwing his paper in the nearest trash can, and exiting the room.

"Gunny! I want to talk to my JAG Officer!"

After a couple of minutes, Chris returned, muttering and cursing under his breath. He was miserable, and it showed.

"Hi Sam, I'm Chris. Sorry about that. I just thought I was in the wrong place! No, I haven't fought Xenomorphs, but I was also never a big fan of having women in the infantry."
He shot his signature grin.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LCpl Chris Shepard
Support Squad Incinerator
"Let 'em burn..."

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:23 pm

Dirk stifled a small laugh watching Shepard's entrance, exit and re-entrance. Then crushing out his cigarette he leaned over to Morse.

" Once this is all over, you and I need to get third ready. I don't want anyone carrying anything lighter than a M-41A. Also we need to scrounge some extra shotgun rounds for the grenade launchers.Dirk said

Then lighting another cigarette he waited for the Lt to answer the questions.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Caparzo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Caparzo » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:04 pm

As Colwell was taking all the conversation about the new weapon around him. Brown spoke up showing some of the nervousness he was feeling about this new threat.  Brown also promised the sarge jokingly not to shit his pants, which Colwell got a kick out of and grinned.  He then raised his hand again to get Sgt. Kurosaki's attention. After Kurosaki's nod he proceeded. Sarge, I know back in Austin, we had alot of homeless people that liked to make their homes in the Storm drains under the University and the Capitol buildin. If there are those kind of people there where we're going is there any way to tell if they been infected or or turned or whatever?  Also I wanted to let you know I am fully certified on the UA-571C.  Part of my garrison duties included maintaining them in the low traffic parts of the station.
Image Ln. Corporal Louis Colwell
3rd Battalion, 2nd Company, 1st Platoon
1st Squad Smartgunner

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:06 am

Morse wrote:
"The E2 aint even in production yet. I came close to havin had to sell off my soul, and 2 limbs and everythin i own just to get on the trial program! Side's, damn things near in impossible to shoot standing up, and it aint got no back up weapon."
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:31 am

Quinn wrote: "But since we'll be working in air ducts and sewers, rifleman on point backed up by the flamer might not be a bad idea?" he suggested to Kurosaki.
"Why not have the flame-thrower on point and the riflemen to back him up. The flamer can't back anybody up."

Gaz wrote: Sir, if I seemed disrespectful it was unententional, and about the M42A, normally I would jump on the chance to get my hands on one of those, but in a sewer facing those things, I would really like to have something with rapid fire. Oh, and I will try my best not to shit my pants, Sir.
Kurosaki looked at Gaz for awhile. "Bring a spare, just in case. About the M42A, we may need it before we get into the sewers, but you do make a valid point."

Caparzo wrote: As Colwell was taking all the conversation about the new weapon around him. Brown spoke up showing some of the nervousness he was feeling about this new threat.  Brown also promised the sarge jokingly not to shit his pants, which Colwell got a kick out of and grinned.  He then raised his hand again to get Sgt. Kurosaki's attention. After Kurosaki's nod he proceeded. Sarge, I know back in Austin, we had alot of homeless people that liked to make their homes in the Storm drains under the University and the Capitol buildin. If there are those kind of people there where we're going is there any way to tell if they been infected or or turned or whatever?  Also I wanted to let you know I am fully certified on the UA-571C.  Part of my garrison duties included maintaining them in the low traffic parts of the station.
Kurosaki shrugged. "Keep your distances from them. If something erupts from their chest, kill it. The host will be dead soon anyway. Put it this way; if something doesn't look human, then fire at will."

Kurosaki was about to shout out orders when he saw the support squad. "Hey guys, look over there" Kurosaki whispered. "Two girls, one guy. I would be happy if I was the guy. "

Kurosaki walked away from his squad and recieved his pay from the past few missions. It wasn't much; but his parents and his two younger brothers were most likely just scraping through. He transferred most of the money ($900 [today's $180]) to his family's bank account, while keeping the remaining $100 [today's $20] for himself. He hadn't recieved any mail recently, but it was probably on its way.
Last edited by Kurosaki, Ichigo on Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:45 am

patch stood near sgt Simovic, noting down many of the load out suggestions but waiting till he got the go ahead from the sarge until he ordered anything, electronic ordering would have this shit ready almost instantly so there was no real rush.

once people had finished suggesting everything he passed the list to Simmovic:
standard squad load outs: m41-a pulse rifles x3
                                    m56 smartgun
                                    m240 incinerator
                                    vp70 pistol x5

additional squad upgrades: m42a sniper variant
                                    ua571 senrty (2 units total available)
                                    auto shotguns
                                    m41-e2 (single unit available)
                shotgun grenade rounds(supply availability in question)
                                    extra frag granades

tech info required: structural maps of sewers (full details)
        structural integrity results for use of non demolition explosives
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:05 pm

Sam's smile fell off her face and her eyes widened in incredulous shock at Sheppard's comments; He doesn't like women in the Infantry? Where the hell is this guy from, the 20th Century? There's been women in the infantry for over a hundred years!, she thought to herself.

Then she summoned up a smile that never reached her eyes and said in a too-sweet voice; "Well, SGT Hoffman, the android and I are obviously just here to fill the female quota; just like you're here to fill the jack-ass quota. It's good to know we've got our core quotas met." Rolling her eyes, she immediately walked away from him and back towards SGT Hoffman.
Last edited by maxvale76 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M41A Pulse Rifle

Gaz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gaz » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:28 pm

Sir, I could carry my M41A with the M42A on a sling. It shoulden't be too hard to carry both. When we are outside, I could pick something off from a distance with the M42A, but when we are inside the sewers, I could switch to the M41A.

Chris Shepard
Private

Post by Chris Shepard » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:19 pm

maxvale76 wrote: Sam's smile fell off her face and her eyes widened in incredulous shock at Sheppard's comments; He doesn't like women in the Infantry? Where the hell is this guy from, the 20th Century? There's been women in the infantry for over a hundred years!, she thought to herself.

Then she summoned up a smile that never reached her eyes and said in a too-sweet voice; "Well, SGT Hoffman, the android and I are obviously just here to fill the female quota; just like you're here to fill the jack-ass quota. It's good to know we've got our core quotas met." Rolling her eyes, she immediately walked away from him and back towards SGT Hoffman.
He let the remark sink in for a moment. Quirking an eyebrow, Chris looked dumb founded.

"Quotas?" He shouted after her. "I never said anything about quotas."

Chris mumbled to himself as he walked around the room, introducing himself to the new Platoon. Overall Chris was pretty friendly. A bit quirky, but a nice guy. And obviously one with some deep seeded issues about certain...topics.
LCpl Chris Shepard
Support Squad Incinerator
"Let 'em burn..."

Jean
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jean » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:34 pm

maxvale76 wrote: "Well, SGT Hoffman, the android and I are obviously just here to fill the female quota; just like you're here to fill the jack-ass quota. It's good to know we've got our core quotas met."
Jeans emotional programming centers sparked off like the 4th of July, causing the slightest raise in the corner of her lips as she watched  Sam's vernacular overtook another Marines' through use of cunning inappropriate linguistics. Jean's perfect white teeth emerged as her lips parted and her dark eyes gazed to Chris.

"Nice to meet you Chris," Jean waved from about, twelve feet away - so she did have to raise her voice enough to where everyone could see she singled Chris out for a greeting. Jean went back to drawing schematics of the tunnel system free-hand on a PDA while everyone got their greetings out.
Last edited by Jean on Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jean Wey - Assigned On-Loan Synthetic from Weyland Yutani.
Model# 406-6/Female

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:38 pm

Utterly ignoring Sheppard, Sam walked over to Jean and did her best to shake off her new squad-mate's insulting of her gender. This time smiling for real, she spoke up; "It's Jean, right? I'm Sam. I've never met an an-....uh....synthetic person before." She blushed guiltily a little as she realized she didn't know if it was impolite to refer to a synthetic as an adroid.

M41A Pulse Rifle

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”