M3T1

The 7th Campaign
Erika
Second Lieutenant

Re: M3T1

Post by Erika » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:27 pm

"Private, let's the Lieutenent think to an answer to my questions, in the meantime we shall make a list of all the things we will need for this mission in order to provide all the support to the deployed troops. In particular, we need:
ammunition for the M41 and the M56
" while saying M56 Erika smiled "then we will need to think about food and water. But, first of all, can you also verify that all the communication works and everybody has enough power in their gear for at leat 24 hours, please? Then you should make sure that the procedure of MEDEVAC is OK and settled, that there is a communication officer that will be in charge of speaking with the media and that he/she has everything he/she need" and with a smile "Sam, you see, a bunch of military here in the middle of this big city... the media will come as flies on a cake... don't you think?"

Erika looked at Sam and sipped some water.

"I will be in the command room overseeing the support of all this mission, I need your help to make sure that Murphy is closed in a box. So, I repeat just to be sure that I did not forget anything: first, check the power for all these guys, then make sure that they have enough food & water, then check for the communication, if they work and if they need a new gear, then verify with each of them that they have enough ammunition for 24 hours. Finally, get in touch with the Medics to see if the MEDEVAC is settlet and running, we cannot start the operation if the MEDEVAC is not ready. During the mission, you will be in charge to make sure that the Marines will receive the Intel they need. In the meantime, I will deal with all the administrative issues to get the extra gears and the supplies and replenishment for the next 24 hours. I will fight my war with the Adminitration and it will take a while. The things that our Marines are hunting are pretty smart and we will need more supplies than what I see here and it will be a hell to convince the Battallion to send more stuff... In aiddition, you have full freedom to propose things that are related to our support mission. Have you any questions?"
Last edited by Erika on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Gaz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gaz » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:46 pm

Yes sir, Gaz said to Sergeant Kurosaki. This was Gaz's first assignment since he finished basic training and he was nervous, of coarse, he wasn't going to let any of his fellow marines know that. He said to the Sergeant, "Sir, one more thing, assuming these people are infected, how bad should I be worried abouth those xeno things?"

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:15 am

Hey Morse, Congrats on the promo! We're in 3rd. Hey, are you like our new fearless leader? You working on a new motto?

You should requisition as many of those as possible for this mission. The firepower would be an asset and the portability and size also. Would you need MG training for those? Or are they more like an IAR (Infantry Automatic Rifle) instead of a SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon which is actually a LMG [Light MachineGun]).  

I'll go with the M41A PR and a flamer myself if it's alright with you since we know what we're going up against. Everyone should be armed with at least PRs.  

Are we going into the tunnels and sewers after these things cuz I just don't want to.

Erik stayed in the back and listened. This wasn't going to be pretty if they had to go down into confined spaces with these creatures. And he wasn't happy having to go and face them so soon after just escaping death by a hair. He hoped the new guys would hold up in the face of the creatures and it sounded like he'd be there to find out first hand. At least now the cat was out of the bag so to speak and they had an idea of what they faced and weren't depending on any company hacks dis-info or lack of info. It would still be hella scary though.

(Dirk is our 3rd Squad Leader, Morse is our 3rd Fire Team Leader. Woot)
Last edited by Raider65 on Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image  LCpl Erik Stormhurst
ImageImage

Caparzo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Caparzo » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:03 am

Colwell stood listening to his sergeant Kurosaki.
'Careful out there. Listen to Quinn and Lippa out there; they'll get you home. Good luck.'
"Yes Sir. Sergeant, I was wondering who will be my partner on the gun team assuming we are still going to use the 2 x 2 tactics. If not will we be briefed on the new tactics before deploying?"
Image Ln. Corporal Louis Colwell
3rd Battalion, 2nd Company, 1st Platoon
1st Squad Smartgunner

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:26 am

Morse suddenly heard a familiar voice. It was quiet, fast, and never seemed to run out of things that weren't essential in his mind. Morse instantly knew that it belonged to Stormhurst. They were still standing at attention during this, as he figured it, 'bonding time Q and A'. No matter what it was it was just gonna be the moment where everyone tried to prove how much they knew, or how much they thought they knew. Either way Morse wasn't one much for it all.

"Shit Stormhurst, i don't know this crap." Morse shot quietly towards the man as to not grab too much attention. "The damn weapons on a 'trail basis'. Hell there's only a handfull of em even done been made yet. I was lucky to get my hands on one myself... course it was a beef barrel full a paperwork. But I did figure on a new nickname given that we ain't with '4th support' no more."

< Tag Raider

Morse had a bit of a twitch go over his eye, and he shook his head which seemed to get it. He uttered a curse to himself and rolled his eyes. He maintained waitng for the next thing that was addressed to him, or concerned him. The deployment method didn't matter to him until they were in the dropship.
Last edited by Morse on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:40 am

Gaz wrote: Yes sir, Gaz said to Sergeant Kurosaki. This was Gaz's first assignment since he finished basic training and he was nervous, of coarse, he wasn't going to let any of his fellow marines know that. He said to the Sergeant, "Sir, one more thing, assuming these people are infected, how bad should I be worried abouth those xeno things?"
Kurosaki didn't even smile. Those Xeno things killed people, then probably ate them.
"Look, if you shit your pants, I wouldn't be surprised. Keep your distance from them. They have acid for blood."

Caparzo wrote: Colwell stood listening to his sergeant Kurosaki.
"Yes Sir. Sergeant, I was wondering who will be my partner on the gun team assuming we are still going to use the 2 x 2 tactics. If not will we be briefed on the new tactics before deploying?"
Kurosaki shook his head.
"I thought you knew how to count. I guess I was wrong. There are five of us here; I'll probably have Lippa and Brown at the front, You and Quinn in the middle and I'll be at the back. Most likely."

Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Caparzo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Caparzo » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:33 am

"I thought you knew how to count. I guess I was wrong. There are five of us here; I'll probably have Lippa and Brown at the front, You and Quinn in the middle and I'll be at the back. Most likely."
"Yes Sir Sergeant. My apologies if my question was dumb.  I just ain't got any experience with this new Platoon structure.  In the Gateway garrison we just followed standard op rules. Anyways, I always reckoned you to be with us somewhere in the mix."said Colwell with a sheepish grin. "By the way ya'll can call me Buddy if you want."
Image Ln. Corporal Louis Colwell
3rd Battalion, 2nd Company, 1st Platoon
1st Squad Smartgunner

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:56 am

Caparzo wrote: "Yes Sir Sergeant. My apologies if my question was dumb.  I just ain't got any experience with this new Platoon structure.  In the Gateway garrison we just followed standard op rules. Anyways, I always reckoned you to be with us somewhere in the mix."said Colwell with a sheepish grin. "By the way ya'll can call me Buddy if you want."
"Buddy, the question wasn't dumb. I had to think for a little while. Our squad structure is this: I am the computer technician, which means that I have the radio and I open doors that do not want to be opened. Quinn here is our medic and our fire team leader. Don't get on his bad side; he may accidentally prescribe the wrong posion-erm medication for you. You, Buddy, are our smartgun operator. Your job is to lay down surpressing fire when ordered, unless there are friendlies in the area of fire. Lippa has our flame-thrower, which is very handy when dealing with scorpion-alien things with acid blood. He also has a motion tracker. Brown... well Brown is just there. He's a good shot, so if we get a M42A Sniper rifle on our hands, I'll give it to him. Any questions with your mode of operations?"

OOC: Changed squads... hmm
Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:16 am

Private wrote:
Caparzo wrote: "Yes Sir Sergeant. My apologies if my question was dumb.  I just ain't got any experience with this new Platoon structure.  In the Gateway garrison we just followed standard op rules. Anyways, I always reckoned you to be with us somewhere in the mix."said Colwell with a sheepish grin. "By the way ya'll can call me Buddy if you want."
"Buddy, the question wasn't dumb. I had to think for a little while. Our squad structure is this: I am the computer technician, which means that I have the radio and I open doors that do not want to be opened. Quinn here is our medic and our fire team leader. Don't get on his bad side; he may accidentally prescribe the wrong posion-erm medication for you. You, Buddy, are our smartgun operator. Your job is to lay down surpressing fire when ordered, unless there are friendlies in the area of fire. Lippa has our flame-thrower, which is very handy when dealing with scorpion-alien things with acid blood. He also has a motion tracker. Brown... well Brown is just there. He's a good shot, so if we get a M42A Sniper rifle on our hands, I'll give it to him. Any questions with your mode of operations?"

OOC: Changed squads... hmm
"I'm sure in the event that we have to split the squad, Kuro will assign the fireteam as necessary." Quinn said, having wandered his way over to the squad. "And while yes, we will be dealing with civilians, we have no idea how these things affect brain chemistry. They might be fanatics for all we know."

The medic stroked the beginning of his beard in thought. He always looked a little scruffy, but not for lack of shaving. "But since we'll be working in air ducts and sewers, rifleman on point backed up by the flamer might not be a bad idea?" he suggested to Kurosaki.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:08 am

The medic stroked the beginning of his beard in thought. He always looked a little scruffy, but not for lack of shaving. "But since we'll be working in air ducts and sewers, rifleman on point backed up by the flamer might not be a bad idea?" he suggested to Kurosaki.
Over hearing the Medic, Obi wandered over and nodded in greeting to the marines, old and new. 

"I was thinking that perhaps having a few UA 571-Charlie Sentry Guns set up in key choke points and locations as we secure the area would be ideal, cause i would imagine that we will have a lot of area to search and secure?"  Obi asked looking at Quinn and Kurosaki.

CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:24 am

Obi wrote:
Over hearing the Medic, Obi wandered over and nodded in greeting to the marines, old and new. 

"I was thinking that perhaps having a few UA 571-Charlie Sentry Guns set up in key choke points and locations as we secure the area would be ideal, cause i would imagine that we will have a lot of area to search and secure?"  Obi asked looking at Quinn and Kurosaki.

"That'd work, but we'd have to leave an operator with them, or risk them opening fire on civilians or worse, our targets since they don't have the IFF like we do. But that might be Dugan's call, or the ell-tee's. Also, this could turn from a search and secure to a search and destroy mission really quick. Bring explosives." Sixtus said, gesturing with his hands slightly.

Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:39 am

"That'd work, but we'd have to leave an operator with them, or risk them opening fire on civilians or worse, our targets since they don't have the IFF like we do. But that might be Dugan's call, or the ell-tee's. Also, this could turn from a search and secure to a search and destroy mission really quick. Bring explosives." Sixtus said, gesturing with his hands slightly.

"Hmmmm, valid points mate."  Obi rubbed one hand across his chin, eyes lost in thought.  Looking at the Medic, Obi shugged his shoulders and responded.

"Well i think we could minimise the risk of blue on blue fire with civvies, i don't think we are likely to find many civvies in underground storm drains and the sewer system.  If there are, how long do you think they would last if those things are down there?"  Pausing slightly, Obi drew a long breath and continued.

"You are right its the El-tees decision, but between you and me, if it meant having a Sentry Gun unit watching our six and wasting anything that approaches it that isn't a Marine, i am all for it."

Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:19 pm

Quinn wrote:
Obi wrote:

Simovic was listening to the chatter from the floor as the Marines organised themselves into squads and acquainted themselves with the new guys and the plan. Overhearing a question he replied.

"I'll get someone from the support squad to look into that plus, I want to know if its ok to use explosives and grenades in the sewers, last thing we want is the whole place collapsing on top of us! Also with regards the M41A E2 Morse is right in his assumption there are only a few that have been manafactured so far and these have only been handed out to select platoons ours being earmarked by Lt. Anderson before her untimely death. Anyhow it would be a bad move to arm a whole squad with them as they don't have a grenade launcher attached to them".

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:51 pm

Sam hurriedly started jotting down notes on her PDA as SGT Hoffman fired off 'to dos' the for upcoming mission. When the hell did I become a freakin' clerk? she groused to herself in thought, but wisely said nothing; as new Privates who whined to Sergeants didn't last long in the Corps.

When Hoffman was done, Sam replied back with a textbook, "Aye Aye Sarge", and starting scanning her PDA files to figure out who, where and how she would have to talk to and which areas she would have to go to to get her orders carried out. In the meantime, she kept her ears perked up to listen to the conversations going on all around her.
ImageSGT Samantha "Sam" Hall

M41A Pulse Rifle

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:53 pm

"I'll get someone from the support squad to look into that plus, I want to know if its ok to use explosives and grenades in the sewers, last thing we want is the whole place collapsing on top of us! Also with regards the M41A E2 Morse is right in his assumption there are only a few that have been manafactured so far and these have only been handed out to select platoons ours being earmarked by Lt. Anderson before her untimely death. Anyhow it would be a bad move to arm a whole squad with them as they don't have a grenade launcher attached to them".

Listening closly, Obi nodded in agreement with the Staff's response.  The last thing we need is the fear of bringing everything down on our heads.  That will cause hesitation, and hesitation around those things will result in dead marines or worse.  He thought grimly, rolling his shoulders back Obi called up the specs on the M41A E2 on his PDA.  Scrolling through the data quickly, an idea came to mind.  Putting up his hand, Obi spoke up when Staff Simovic pointed at him.

"Staff, perhaps we could substitute an M56 with an E2.  I mean, on paper the E2 looks like an excellent Light Support Weapon.  Given the confines at which we will be operating in, an E2 LSW maybe more effective and make it easier for the  machine gunners to get around.  Given that its the same round as a standard M41A, we know that it will put one of those things down."

CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”