M3T3

The 7th Campaign
Jean
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: M3T3

Post by Jean » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:59 am

Simovic considered Wey's questions.

"Yeah it does seem strange I'll grant you that, but we don't know all the facts. For all we know being impregnated by these things could cause some sort of psychosis, or maybe these two people arn't even impregnated and are trying to escape with a xenomorph embryo. God knows how much one of those things would be worth on the black market!"

"Either way, they aren't too bright, as some would say." Jean said. She shook her head and looked around the tunnels. She knew that no one was lost but she kept her bearings and kept recalling their programming. Anyone could need her help at any time when it came to navigation.
Jean Wey - Assigned On-Loan Synthetic from Weyland Yutani.
Model# 406-6/Female

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:01 am

"Pfc Patch don't let Wey out of your sight".
"roger that sarge"

"nothing personal jean but just a couple of things..can you load that side arm you have, just in case you need to protect my ass, and can i get a download of the schematics into my pda just to be on the safe side. if you are gonna hesitate when the shit hits the fan even with your great reaction times i don't want to be left down there with no idea were we are."

just then the radio chirped and patch answered "roger this is golf romeo command go ahead over."
"copy that radio check confirmed, 5 by 5" patch answered.
while he thought about it he pinged the new relay just to be sure it was working .

"comms check confirmed and relay pinged at 0.05ms sarge"he relayed to Sgt Simmovic.

"call signs, golf romeo 1,2,3 command and support, report down and clear, proceeding on mission, command out.

"cleared to go sarge"

"Sir, if I may be allowed, I can easily run after anyone that thinks they can get away on foot. Eventually they'll get tired. I don't get tired. All I need is someone that has the stamina to keep up with me because I won't risk hurting anyone."
patch looked back at jean and continued their conversation " look i appreciate your dilemma i'm a trained medic as well, but please don't take unnecessary risks, u may be synthetic but you are part of this platoon now and sarge's orders are gospel."

patch looked at jean to see her response, she was in theory programmed with every human emotion and could emulate them all, patch suddenly wondered what would happen if you pissed a synthetic person off, they couldn't kill you but man he bet they could fuck you up good.
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Jean
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jean » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:03 am

"roger that sarge"

"nothing personal jean but just a couple of things..can you load that side arm you have, just in case you need to protect my ass, and can i get a download of the schematics into my pda just to be on the safe side. if you are gonna hesitate when the shit hits the fan even with your great reaction times i don't want to be left down there with no idea were we are."
Jean shook her head, "Sorry, sir. I'm a Four-O'-Six - Six, model. I retain information optically. I don't have the equipment to transfer information back to a computer system." Jean stayed quiet for a little while during the insertion because she knew that Patch would be needing to coordinate on the radios for a moment while they walked, carefully.

just then the radio chirped and patch answered "roger this is golf romeo command go ahead over."
"copy that radio check confirmed, 5 by 5" patch answered.
while he thought about it he pinged the new relay just to be sure it was working .

"comms check confirmed and relay pinged at 0.05ms sarge"he relayed to Sgt Simmovic.

"call signs, golf romeo 1,2,3 command and support, report down and clear, proceeding on mission, command out.

"cleared to go sarge"

"Sir, if I may be allowed, I can easily run after anyone that thinks they can get away on foot. Eventually they'll get tired. I don't get tired. All I need is someone that has the stamina to keep up with me because I won't risk hurting anyone."
patch looked back at jean and continued their conversation " look i appreciate your dilemma i'm a trained medic as well, but please don't take unnecessary risks, u may be synthetic but you are part of this platoon now and sarge's orders are gospel."

patch looked at jean to see her response, she was in theory programmed with every human emotion and could emulate them all, patch suddenly wondered what would happen if you pissed a synthetic person off, they couldn't kill you but man he bet they could fuck you up good.
Jean didn't show any emotion either way, she nodded out of politeness, "I cannot go against my programming but I will load my gun. Just keep in mind that I have to make many judgements on the possibility of my gun's dicharge hurting a Human being before I squeeze the trigger. I will protect you with myself if my programming doesn't allow me to fire, however. Likewise, you can shoot if I'm in the way protecting you. The likleyhood of this sort of situation happening is only at or around twenty percent."

Jean pulled her pistol out of her holster and pulled the slider back. The first round of fourteen, slid into the breach and snugged itself into the firing position. She dreaded hearing the sound of a loaded weapon and that's the emotion that was conveyed to Patch from her body language.

"How did you know I took the bullets out of my gun, Patch?" She whispered.

Model# 406-6/Female

Caparzo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Caparzo » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:18 pm

Colwell exited the APC with the rest of his squad and formed up at the front of the platoon.  He activated his eyepiece and the tracking unit of the M56 he was carrying and took up a position to provide covering fire for his squadmates while awaiting orders from Sgt. Kurosaki.
Image Ln. Corporal Louis Colwell
3rd Battalion, 2nd Company, 1st Platoon
1st Squad Smartgunner

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:46 pm

"How did you know I took the bullets out of my gun, Patch?"
patch felt himself blush slightly he had considered himself enlightened and excepting of all people even synthetic ones, but here jean was saying that she would rather die or at least get injured, patch knew he wasn't a very good shot, rather than hurt a potential hostile, and then to top it all he had been busted when he guessed that she would take it to the extreme

"to be honest jean, i didn't, but it was kind of a bluff and educated guess, i used to have real issues shooting my weapon even at targets believing that as a life saver i would not need to use my weapon. i figured you would believe even more."

patch took a moment remembering those earlier years, refusing to practice on the ranges and only just getting novice rating on his weapons exams. he shook his head slowly, checked his ammo count and just to comfort himself toggled the safety back on, how things had changed  "welcome to the corp jean," with a little less conviction than he would have two minuets before.
Last edited by eyeball on Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:12 am

Nick wrote: 2179 AD, 6th October
Mission timer: 00:25:22

"Ok get ready people...20 seconds" Lt Moore said over the intercom.
Hearing the El-Tees notifcation come through his headset Obi perked up.

"STAND TO 2 SECTION!"  Obi shouted to be heard over the roar of the APC's engines.   Standing up Obi picked up his M-41A, checked safe, and slapped a magazine home and actioned the weapon.  Seeing the ammo counter light up to '95', he nodded, satisified, checked safe again and let it dangle from its sling.  Reaching down, he withdrew his VP-70, actioned it and replaced it back in its holster in one smooth motion.

Selecting 2 sections' channel on his communicator, Obi spoke into his headset in a low steady voice.

"All right lads, i want a quick, clean dispersal.  1 Section is leading the way, and we are right behind them.  I want a staggered file formation, Johnson, your on point with the Flamethrower.  Miller, you stick to Johnson and be our eyes with your tracker. Got it?"

Seeing the marines nodded in understanding with his orders Obi continued.  "The Sarge is bringing up the middle, PVT Saint, i want you to stick to him like glue and watch what he does and do what he does.  I'm going to play tail-end charlie and our watch our six."

The APC ground to a halt and the troop loading door slammed open.  Not even bothering to use his headset Obi shouted to get the attention of all the marines.  "Remember your spacing!  Its going to be close quarters in there, don't bunch up or one hit can take you all out! ALRIGHT GO! GO! GO! GO!!!!"

Rifle at the ready, Obi debussed from the APC at the rush with the rest of 2 section.

(OOC Hi all, back ashore, apologies for the lack of posting).
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:23 pm

As Dirk waited for the order to move out he watched the exchange between Patch and the synthetic. Laughing to himself he lit another cigarette before flicking the old one into the darkness.

"Hay Patch, isn't that as close as you've been to having a girlfriend?" He said motioning to the synthetic with his cigarette
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Jean
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jean » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:56 pm

"Hay Patch, isn't that as close as you've been to having a girlfriend?" He said motioning to the synthetic with his cigarette

Jean didn't understand what that meant, but her programming was telling her to retort with something one of her programmers macro'd into her files.

"Don't worry Patch," Jean said. "He's just jealous that you have got something better than your hand, unlike him."

Jean supposed she needed that relationship package installed because she had no idea what she just meant, but it seems that her programmer was ready to help her out in situations of verbal assault, even though it didn't bother her because of her complete ignorance of anything sexual. She just pretended as if she knew exactly what she was talking about when she responded loud enough for everyone to hear.

She made a note to herself to ask Patch the meaning of her words later, when they were alone.

Last edited by Jean on Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model# 406-6/Female

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:55 pm

Jean wrote: "Don't worry Patch," Jean said. "He's just jealous that you have got something better than your hand, unlike him."

A broad grin crossed Dirk's lips as he took a drag and exhaled the smoke. He had never liked synthetics, never trusted them. He always felt like they were just overgrown tosters, but this one seemed a bit different.

"Nice one Jean. You're ok." Dirk said laughing a bit.
Last edited by Dirk Pitt on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:34 pm

Morse had followed Dirk over to Patch and heard his remark about the synthetic and the marine. Morse found it funny. But when the synthetic snapped it back, immediately Morse thought of their newly returning Erika, who he was aware that Dirk had had an... off the record intimate relationship with. Of course he'd be keeping that to himself.

"Well listen to me listen to that. The machines bitin at the easy three's squad lead? You gonna lay down and die on that one there Dirk? Morse said popping in another piece of gum. He chewed it without concern for how other people thought of it. He layed the E2 over his shoulder and stayed just to the right of Dirk.

< Tag Dirk
Last edited by Morse on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:55 am

"He's just jealous that you have got something better than your hand, unlike him." 
patch was gob smacked, he had never heard a synthetic programmed with a sense of humor...oh this could be good real good. "hey don't stress it we're all complete wankers in the corp" he dropped his hand to his crotch and raised his pulse rifle in the other "what is it they said in basic?.. this is my rifle ..this is my gun, one is for shooting one is for fun"

the quick banter had eased patch's growing anxiety, still smiling he clicked on the platoon comms Chanel "command to all squads, radio check over"
special weapons tech
Image Image

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:12 am

eyeball wrote:
"command to all squads, radio check over"
2 Section was moving carefully and quietly along its patrol route.  Obi, at the end of the formation, facing to the rear, ensuring that nothing hit the section from behind.  His headset suddenly came alive, selecting the platoon channel, he responded quietly.  

"Command this is 2 Section, loud and clear,  over."

Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:35 pm

Kurosaki lightly leaped off the dropship, landing on both feet and his weapon out. Luckily, there was no hostiles out there in the LZ because Kurosaki in his infinite wisdom had forgotten to load the damn thing. He took a clip from his belt and slapped it in. 93 rounds to go.

"Lippa, I want you to be at the front. We're going to have to lead the charge here, so keep your eyes peeled and a hand on the motion tracker. Brown, you're behind him. Colwell, you're in the middle, followed by Quinn, then me with the radio. If we need to split into fireteams, I'm with Colwell. Quinn will have Lippa and Brown. Any Questions?"

Quinn wrote: Seeing as second squad hadn't been given orders, Sixtus tapped his com mic to access his squad's tactical net. "Don't stand around gawking second, form up behind first squad."

Kurosaki would find out if the squad had any specific orders from Simovic. But second squad wouldn't get a reputation for just standing around. Holding his pulse rifle with the stock extended to his shoulder, he took his position in line.

OOC: We're first section now.
Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:05 pm

Stay sharp, easy Threes.

Who's got the tracker this time? They should be up with the Sgt.

Last edited by Raider65 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image  LCpl Erik Stormhurst
ImageImage

Caparzo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Caparzo » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:36 am

Lippa, I want you to be at the front. We're going to have to lead the charge here, so keep your eyes peeled and a hand on the motion tracker. Brown, you're behind him. Colwell, you're in the middle, followed by Quinn, then me with the radio. If we need to split into fireteams, I'm with Colwell. Quinn will have Lippa and Brown. Any Questions?
Aye Aye Sarge. said Colwell as he moved into position.
Image Ln. Corporal Louis Colwell
3rd Battalion, 2nd Company, 1st Platoon
1st Squad Smartgunner

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”