M3T10

The 7th Campaign
Jean
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: M3T10

Post by Jean » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:03 pm

It took long enough for her supplies to be sent to her but they eventually got there. Jean stepped into E-Club wearing a brand new blue flight suit, new white sneakers, and a new t-shirt underneath. It was so obvious that everything on her was new because out of most people there, the color in her threads were actually solid and not faded. Jean noticed this too, and hoped that now that she had a decent pack of supplies, she would eventually blend in after a few months of wear and tare.

The perfect emulation of an Asian girl only made it a few feet before someone caught her attention. It was a man she never knew. He made a comment on her flight suit's Weyland Yutani label.

"Yes, I am a synthetic. I prefer the term artificial lifeform, actually..."

Jean jumped back a moment when this person pulled a knife. Her dark eyes widened a little but the man eventually explained why he pulled it. Apparently, there was some trick that they loved to watch androids to with a knife involving her hand and pinpoint targetwork between her fingers. It seemed easy enough. Jean grabbed the knife and leaned forweard with her hand in front of the table.

The man handed her the knife. Jean's dark black hair dangled forward a moment while she concentrated on placing the tip of the knife between her thumb and index finger. She dug the tip of the knife into the table in two spots to create a sort of 'targeting point'. She then went into an emulated response mode in which the crowd around her suddenly went from fast to slow. The people walking by her were in slow motion. She could feel the processor in her head working overtime because it was getting warmer, and the chronograph on the wall began to tick ten times slower.

Her reaction time was now faster than that of anyone else in the room. As she moved the knife away from her fingers she changed it's direction. Jean watched as the knife pulled back, went back down, hit the space between her index and middle finger, than her middle and ring finger, than her ring and pinky, and back again. To her it was slow motion, easy, simple, and not complex.

What the men around her saw was Jean, effortlessly stabbing the knife at an insane rate of speed. Knock-knock-knock-knock-knock --- in fast progression, faster and faster until the knocks began to merge together as if a machine gun had went off in the bar. The knife's knife's blade was moving so fast between her fingers that it resembled the fast blade of a helicopter- moving so fast that all one could see was the blur.

Jean finally stopped and flipped the knife around hilt first and handed it to the man.

"Thank you..." Jean whispered.
Jean Wey - Assigned On-Loan Synthetic from Weyland Yutani.
Model# 406-6/Female

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:00 am

When Dirk approached the table, Sixtus lifted his glass in greeting to the man. And before he knew it, he was surrounded by the Marines in his platoon.

"Take it the strip joint was closed?" he asked the group with his gravelly voice, a rare smirk on his face. He took another sip of his drink. "So who wants to bet we'll be going back in the shit once that xeno begins reproducing?"

The smirk quickly disappeared with his second sentence.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:44 am

Quinn wrote: When Dirk approached the table, Sixtus lifted his glass in greeting to the man. And before he knew it, he was surrounded by the Marines in his platoon.

"Take it the strip joint was closed?" he asked the group with his gravelly voice, a rare smirk on his face. He took another sip of his drink. "So who wants to bet we'll be going back in the shit once that xeno begins reproducing?"

The smirk quickly disappeared with his second sentence.

"I don't think I'll be takin that bet. Once the xenos start reproducing it'll be a race to see if we can kill them all before they can get enough numbers so that a nuke strike is the only thing that can stop them. Dirk said somberly as he took a long drink of his beer.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Jean
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jean » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:55 pm

Jean overheard Dirk mention a nuke strike. She walked over to them and nodded.

"That would kill way too many innocent people," She said. "The only way to avoid the maximum amount of losses by our own hands would be to kill them all with the maximum amount of small arms fire necessary. It would be wrong to do such a horrible thing as nuke the site when we're talking about Earth."

She squeezed herself into the group even though some people in that group didn't really care for her. She hoped that with time, they would see that she wasn't just some spy for the company. "So what's your plans? Just hang out at the bar until we get called somewhere else. I mean, we could have gone anywhere on our leave... I've always wanted to see the beach." She tried her hand at joking a little.
Model# 406-6/Female

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:37 am

"If New York has a serious infection, you'll see them nuke it to contain the threat. We simply don't have the manpower to put out that much conventional firepower if the numbers of xenos multiply. And with the amount of people living in New York, unless we nip this in the bud now while their numbers are small, we'll have to tac-nuke it. Because it's either that, or lose North America to the infestation." Sixtus explained to Jean. "It'll be a last resort, but it's an option within the arsenal."

He took another small sip of the alcohol. "And as far as leaving here, we probably won't be able to because we'll probably be on standby. It makes the most sense to me. What I don't get is why we were pulled off the mission that quickly. Now that, stinks of politics."

Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Jean
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jean » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:58 am

Jean listened to him talking about the idea of it all. The android couldn't fathom innocent deaths on such a large scale.
"We should warm everyone firt at least get the humans out of the city," she whispered. Several other people overheard the conversation from the start and the place got quiet. Jean looked around and then back to Quinn. They had been listening since before Jean performed the android-knife-trick. Even for an android that wanted to warn everyone, she had to follow the chain of command. She lowered her voice. "It's just not right..." She whispered.

"No, it's not right for those innocent people caught in the crossfire, but you also have to think of all the other innocent people on the planet. It's the equivalent of having to amputate an arm to save the person." Sixtus explained, sticking to the medical way of explaining things.
"And if we gave the populace warning, there would be chaos. And we're not sure exactly how smart these xenos are."

"We don't know if they would understand the warning we'd give the locals. We're hard-pressed to engage them in a stand-up fight just because of their strategies. They use ground to their advantage where they can exploit their favorite tactics."

Jean blinked as her processor recalled a saved black-box transmission. Sextus couldn't hear or see it but she could:

The transmission was shaky and looked as if it were not the original recording from the black box. It was something that was transmitted to a ship in orbit and later retrieved from yet another system. It wasn't the best quality. Likely backed up to an EEV drive.

On the camera it showed a black and white image of a woman in the pilots seat of a transport. She couldn't tell what kind of transport it was but the back door of the transport opened and a Xenomorph slithered it's way through. The pilot didn't know. She rolled her eyes and started to speak.

"Spunkmeyer... Well, where the fu---" She stopped and went for her sidearm the moment she saw it was a Xenomorph, but it was too late. The jaws slammed right through the side of her neck and out through part of her helmet, spraying blood over the blackbox camera, then, the image went dead. She was the only pilot of a flying craft and the alien killed her.

Jean closed her eyes tightly and shook her head a moment, when she opened her eyes she shook her head normally, "No... No, they run on hive instinct. They can't be too smart."

"Well, I won't ask you how you know that." Sixtus maintained his deadpan expression and monotone, gravelly voice. "But if you know that, then you know they like to get into close quarters. That means fighting with urban style tactics. And urban, close-quarter fights usually means meat-grinder missions."

"And with the way the Corps. is structured, we would be at a disadvantage. Because the Corps is heavily focused on mobility, we have smaller units as a result that are expected to accomplish a wider variety of missions. For fighting this kind of enemy, you need as many warm bodies that know how to shoot."

Jean sighed, "Perhaps we can get the mayor to evacuate the city under other circumstances. We could fake a chemical spill, or threat of attack from the CANC. Everyone would be looking toward the sky, and not in their own closets, but it's better than nothing." She still kept her voice down. The android didn't see common sense when it came to any possibility of saving more human lives.

It was simply her programming and there was no built in "chip" that could be pulled out to take that away from her. Once she saw in Quinn's eyes that there would be no risking any wars over a Xenomorph infestation, she sighed and looked away in defeat. "What are we going to do with ourselves once this is all over? She whispered with fear -- fear in an androids voice...

"Go back to fighting pirates and insurgents most likely. It's a big galaxy, and there's always a fight that the Corps. gets itself into somewhere. We'll be waiting for orders otherwise."

Sixtus downed the rest of his drink. He set it back down on the table, and the dead woman's eyes flashed before him, pleading for help. He screwed his own eyes shut, rubbing them with his free hand. "People are going to die no matter what we do. All we can do is limit the body count. And whether or not the brass decides to warn the civilians is up to them, not to dog troopers like us."

“Technically, I'm just a computer. The only part about this situation that I hate the most over people dieing, no matter what --- is the fact that my calculations agree with what you say. This is conflicting with my software and if it weren't for my behavioral inhibitor, my processor would have ticked me already. I'm dealing with confusion and it's making me want to divide by zero."  That was Jean's best way of explaining her feelings. She hoped Quinn understood. 'ticking', As Jean put it, was an old problem with older androids. Most the Marines knew what that meant. What would happen is that the old 120-1 through 128-9 model androids would sometimes not deal with conflicting program codes and orders, causing them to act irrational, kill co-workers, friends, and do harm rather than what they were originally programmed to do. Jean had software to prevent it.

"Welcome to being human." Sixtus said, getting a refill on his whiskey. "There's no right decision in this. Luckily for us here in the trenches, things are simpler. Shoot or don't shoot."
Model# 406-6/Female

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:50 pm

Morse stood stirring his multi-gallon jug of what would be 'homebrew' in about 2 days, assuming it would be able to sit undisturbed. He was just next to where Quin, Dirk, the new person, and the robot were standing. They were talking about what ever the hell they had seen on the last mission, and apparently what might have been there on this run. However there were still some large holes in they're thinking. Morse being the quickest one in any room to find faults, and point them out first, wasn't about to let it stop.

"Aint none a ya's know any a that for sure." Morse said, not looking up at them, just stirring the jugs with the big metal strawed he'd made. "Em things's might be in the Yorker town, but we don't know. They weren't sure if others were done infected. Ya got one, meanin there's one maybe two. And it wasn't one a them giant crickets that shot at us in the sewer, cus thems don't have the ability." Morse was now looking at them. "More in further, we aint know a damn thing about em what other'n was picked up on the spot. We don't know how the hell them things'll be reproducin. What if those little wormy shits we done seen rip out of em were already 'round. Like them ones we found on the colony, I'm doubtin they done surveyed the whole darn hole, and them things came a swarmin. Morse went back to staring at the jug. "Side's the damn brass aint gonna blow the Yorker town, it'd put to much blame on emselves, unless they can find some rogue group to blame for it.  But even doin that would cause outcry of how thems done let a missile hit Yorker town. Point bein of all of it, aint none of us, know a damn thing about nothin here, and it'd do us all good to not be makin assumptions. Em kinda assumptions get ya transferred to cratic holes."

< Tag, Quin, Jean, Dirk

Morse was considerably serious about what he was saying. He didn't like assumptions, and those were some big leaps they were all taking. And though some of it was a bit exaggerated, it wasn't by much. They really didn't know much of anything, and that was just the way the powers that be wanted it.
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:34 pm

Dirk listened as Jean and Morse spoke. It was kinda funny, he thought as he heard their opinions. If you listened to the way Morse talked and not what he said you would think he was just another hillbilly. Easily dismissed and undeserving of a second thought. If you did that however, you would pass over one of the smartest men in the platoon. As for Jean, well Jean was another matter. She was a machine, USCM issue, but in some ways she seemed more like a child. Innocent. Dirk did another shot of Bushmills as Morse finished what he wanted to say.

"You're right Morse, we don't know a damn thing about these creatures. How they reproduce, how fast they can reproduce, where they come from, nothing. But believe me, if that bastard that I let get away had one of those things in him, and if it can reproduce in great enough numbers we might not be able to stop them. If we can't, they will nuke the city with us and everyone else in it to stop them" Dirk said solemnly.

Then lighting a cigarette he turned to Jean. "As for killing kill way too many innocent people, Jean. Well allot more then the people here will die if those things spread across the planet. We'll wait here until we get a call, and we will get a call. When we do it'll be a hell of a fight. One we'll have to win. Because if we don't then a nuke will be the only thing left to stop them. I'd set it off myself if that's what stops them. It sucks, but it's part of the job"

That said Dirk leaned back and drank his beer.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Sam finished her margarita, glanced at Kurosaki's strange look in her direction; and turned back to the conversation which had taken a sudden depressing turn towards nuclear holocaust.

As Jean rudely sat down at the table and threw herself into the coversation, Sam rolled her eyes and got up to leave. She was getting really sick of the android's teenage 'I must be the center of attention' behavior.

Walking back to her quarters, Sam tried to block out the negative thoughts of mushroom clouds above a metropolis full of people; and sighed in futility. My mother was right....I shoulda stayed home, she thought darkly...
ImageSGT Samantha "Sam" Hall

M41A Pulse Rifle

Jean
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jean » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:55 pm

Jean watched Sam leave. There was something she didn't like about Jean and she didn't quite understand what it was. She was so kind and friendly when they first met. Now she wasn't really speaking up very much. Jean tried her best to understand Morse. Her audio receiver pieced together the broken words to make sense of it and as soon as she translated, she understood him. There were reports by Weyland Yutani that she knew about that the Marines did not. She smiled sadly to herself when she realized that these marines have not had the chance, or maybe not even the ability to gain access to data that they needed to know.

Especially on the lifecycle of a Xenomorph.

"If it's just a drone, we won't have to nuke the city," Jean said. That was worth letting the marines know in order put a hold on taking out an entire city. "Please check with your commanding officers and let them know to keep track of violent or odd deaths' in the city. If they are local to one small area, and not spread out over distances and reported at the same time... Then we will know. I can't say anything more."

She hoped they wouldn't ask more. this was what they needed to know.
Model# 406-6/Female

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:17 pm

Morse stopped stirring the jug when Dirk started speaking. He listened as Dirk pointed out the merits of what he had said. Despite Morse's argument, which had a spear point directed at all of them, he wasn't against a nuclear strike, especially not one done on 'Yorker Town.' But even with that in mind, and Dirk's agreement to the point, the Robot didn't seem to regard it as valid.

One of the people at the table seemed to have the exact same opinion of the robots presence as he had himself. The new marine, he didn't know the name, stood up and walked away from the table the moment the robot began speaking again. Morse did a similar thing, going back to stirring his jug. Anything the robot said Morse considered to be useless. The damn thing was nothing more to the platoon then the motion tracker was. It's a handy tool, but the platoon get along easily without it. He stirred the jug but picked apart every piece of the robots words in his head.

"Ya'll both understand it aint our decision, our commandin officers decision, or their commandin officers decision to launch em 'big bombs'. Sure we done got access while on the dropship, but we aint on the dropship no more, and even if we done had the access... I shudder to think of the shit storm, that'd go about it's merry rainin on. Maybe we got thrown back in there, maybe not. But I aint in there now, and I aint gonna be spendin time thinkin on things I aint never gonna have control ver'."

< Tag Jean, Dirk, Quin.

Morse was lying about not thinking about such things. He was always going about finding ways to do fix problems whether they were above him or below him. And he was stubborn when he came to a conclusion. Regardless of it, he wasn't lying about who controlled such a strike they were proposing.
- DEVIL DAWG
Image Image Image Image

Jean
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jean » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:25 am

Jean nodded at Morse. He was right. There wasn't anything they could do about it. Her programming was simply going along in conversation mode and she was following it. If Morse wished to talk about something else, than it would be a nice turn of events. It would be the perfect time to get to know this person more when it did not involve the military lifestyle. She smiled at him and then looked at the jug.

"That's a good idea, Morse. Changing the subject seends like the prudent thing to do -- especially since we're in a place that work shouldn't have been thought about in the first place." The android pulled up a chair and sat next to Morse while he stirred the jug. She pretended to look interested in what he was doing while he stirred the jug. "What do you do for fun when on leave?" Jean asked.

Model# 406-6/Female

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:02 am

Morse suddenly was filled with a sort of disgust. The robot seemed to think it a good idea to pass itself off a human with interest in what he did. Morse hated androids, hated artificial's which weren't strapped down to a large computing unit. If it had arms, legs, and bled red, then it better have been birthed from a womb. This however was not that, in fact it was the opposite. And he wasn't going to give it any time. Not looking at the robot which had decided to sit at the table he stood at, he lifted up the jug. He put the cap in his pocket and made sure he had hold of the jug.

"Human shit that robots aint good for." He said in a very rough way

< Jean                   

He then started walking away from the table. "Dirk, you wanna done talk to the equipment, I'm sure the quartermaster'd be as willin as a tic on toes to let ya borrow a motion tracker." Morse said stopping beside Dirk. It was obviously an attack on the robot, but Morse was never one to have concern over that sort of thing.

< Tag Dirk

Morse proceeded outside of the E-Club, carrying the jug with both hands out the way he'd come in.
- DEVIL DAWG
Image Image Image Image

Jean
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jean » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:37 am

Morse suddenly was filled with a sort of disgust. The robot seemed to think it a good idea to pass itself off a human with interest in what he did. Morse hated androids, hated artificial's which weren't strapped down to a large computing unit. If it had arms, legs, and bled red, then it better have been birthed from a womb. This however was not that, in fact it was the opposite. And he wasn't going to give it any time. Not looking at the robot which had decided to sit at the table he stood at, he lifted up the jug. He put the cap in his pocket and made sure he had hold of the jug.

"Human shit that robots aint good for." He said in a very rough way
Jean was about to say something in response to that, but Morse got up before she could finish making a noise. She blinked at Morse as he straightened himself and made his intentions clear. It didn't bother Jean at all. She would always be willing to make friends but never intrude to make enemies. She felt that it was time to just let Morse do what he wanted because he had sort of aggarvation against her, or maybe it was androids in general. As her programmer used to say, it was better not to pour fuel on the fire.
He then started walking away from the table. "Dirk, you wanna done talk to the equipment, I'm sure the quartermaster'd be as willin as a tic on toes to let ya borrow a motion tracker." Morse said stopping beside Dirk. It was obviously an attack on the robot, but Morse was never one to have concern over that sort of thing.

Morse proceeded outside of the E-Club, carrying the jug with both hands out the way he'd come in.
Model# 406-6/Female

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:08 am

"What the hell do you think your doing pulling us out now? We can get a lock on this guy now with the motion trackers sweeping for his PDT. I hope you realise that when that creature bursts out of his stomach it'll cause untold amounts of deaths in a heavily populated place such as this. We need to be dealing with this situation now, not go back to base for a coffee and debrief!"

"You're way out of line here Sergeant!" Lt Moore flashed in anger for a brief moment before regaining his composure. Looking over his shoulder on the Marines that were stowing their gear he leaned closer and snarled: "The order came directly from HQ. HQ are sending in Company people from the Bio Weapons Division under cover rather than having Colonial Marines romping around the streets of New York with full combat gear - The last thing HQ want right now is widespread panic - Quarantine protocols are already in effect. But just so You know I don't like this one bit either Sergeant...not one bit." Lt Moore straightened up in his chair, giving a the Sergeant one last glance as the information sunk in, and pressed the mike so he opened up the platoon channel. "Prepare for extraction, combat seatings. The dropships are picking us up at a parking lot a five hundred meters south of here. We are then heading for Gateway. Over and out"
Site admin

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”