Hi All

How to join, advice, Q&A, general discussions
JuanPerez
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Hi All

Post by JuanPerez » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:50 am

Hi Marines,

i joined up this site a few days ago. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Martin, i am 41 years old, and work as a software-engineer. I am a passionate fan of the alien franchise, since i saw the first alien movie (that was about 1988). In addition to watching all the movies, i played most of the computer games, currently i am "working" on "Alien:Isolation", which scares the shit out of me (, at least sometimes).

Also i knew, that there is a pen-and-paper role-playing-game, set in the "Aliens" szenario. Pen-and-paper RPGs are another passion of mine, playing now for round about twenty-five years on a regular basis, mostly "The Dark Eye", which is "number-one-rpg" in germany. And so i was glad to find this site, after doing some internet research.

i am looking forward to play with you guys soon. PaleRider was so kind to grant my request for playing a smartgunner. My char is uploaded already, named "Juan Perez". Not to difficult to figure out, since this is also my login :D

Greetz
Martin
Game Master
————————————
Image 1st Lt Daniela Harper - Platoon CO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number A08/TQ3.0.45013E2
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

M10 Pattern Balistic Helmet
M3 Pattern Personal Armor
M41A Pulse Rifle (6 Mags, 20 Grenades)
Service Pistol (2 Mags)
Combat Knife
Shoulder Lamp
Portable Command Terminal
M94 Marking Flares

Morse
Captain

Re: Hi All

Post by Morse » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:11 am

Dang Man, we got so many smart guns in here I don't think anyone's gonna be able to get within 2 miles of the eights soon. Maybe I'll have Morse shift over to rockets more if this trend keeps up.

Anyway welcome to the USCM. Hope you don't die on your first op..... that happens a lot..... but I'm sure you'll be fine XP
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

JuanPerez
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Hi All

Post by JuanPerez » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:20 am

Hi Morse,

well, i asked PaleRider about the smarty and he said, that there is a need for a smartgunner at the moment. If there is a need for some other kind of marine class, just talk to me.

My first thought was to create a "hacker" type marine, i.e. Security/Comm/Surveillance operator. I would also be fine with a corpsman/medic. Or whatever fits in best.

unfortunately i did not found a page in this forum, where "most needed marine classes" are listed. Is there one?

After doing that rpg stuff for a quarter of a century, first-mission-character-death is not realy a new experience anymore. dice rolls can be pretty bitchy.

Greetings
Martin
Game Master
————————————
Image 1st Lt Daniela Harper - Platoon CO
Serial Number A08/TQ3.0.45013E2
Image Image Image

M10 Pattern Balistic Helmet
M3 Pattern Personal Armor
M41A Pulse Rifle (6 Mags, 20 Grenades)
Service Pistol (2 Mags)
Combat Knife
Shoulder Lamp
Portable Command Terminal
M94 Marking Flares

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:09 am

Oh, by all means do what you feel. It really doesn't make much difference to me. I say go with whatever you want, we can fit whatever in I'm sure. I just saw that my squad had 2 smart gunners, but I wasn't sure if that was legit or not.

Doesn't matter, we can probably use whatever you wanna do. - Hell sometimes its fun to do both. Hacker and gunner, or hacker and flamethrower, or infiltrator and hacker. Whatever you feel, as long as you got the points, you can make it happen.
- DEVIL DAWG
Image Image Image Image

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:32 am

Hey we can always use another smart-gunner. I've been type-cast in the role since 2007, never because I wanted it. I suppose I don't mind it or I would have switched, but if I get forced out of it into say a leadership role, I wouldn't be too crushed. ;D

Welcome to the site bud. We already have a hacker who is basically a savant so not sure how much use there is of another. We can always use more muscle, though.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:14 pm

It seems I misread the 'Assistant Smartgunner' thing. Looks like we need some more heavies.
- DEVIL DAWG
Image Image Image Image

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:28 am

Juan Perez, you are in the game. You are the smartgunner for Third Squad. It will take me a few minutes to get it set up as I need to log in as Pale Rider to make you a player. Just skim the campaign so far if you haven't already.

Basically, we got some weird motion tracker readings that led us to a building. We found a big hole full of nasty armadillo-things. Morse fired a rocket at them which caused the floor to collapse and we all fell in the hole. One of the things grabbed Corporal Dirk Pitt and dragged him away down a tunnel. First and Second Squad are following it, and Third Squad is staying behind to watch the entrance. Now you're caught up.

Anyway, I look forward to playing with you.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Return to “The Game”