M1T4 - Clammed up

The 8th campaign
Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Re: M1T4 - Clammed up

Post by Obi » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:51 am

Simovic answered the young Marine who was swinging around on his hook some where behind him.

"Yeah Obi just stay in your suit until we get a definite all clear. I'm not sure about reloading these weapons with a claw but if I work it out I’ll be sure to pass it on, if I'm still alive”
"IF??? Staff, you just know how to fill me with confidence." Obi responded, his voice dripping with sarcasm. Obi concentrated on moving the claw attachement to manipulate the Pulse Rifle. After trying, he realised that it was hopeless and that the only way the Rifle could be touched was once they were out of the suit. Well this just sucks. Knowing my luck i'll have a bloody stoppage.

"Go easy on the ammo everyone, we only have the one mag until we can get out of these suits and reload. Oh, and it wouldn't hurt to pray to The Powers That Be, that you don't have a jam or stoppage." Obi muttered darkly over the radio.

Well look on the bright side, at least it can't get any worse, Obi me lad. I hope....

Altair
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Altair » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:30 pm

Gordon tried to look at the guy that was talking but gave it up when he couldn't figure out who it was.

"You think so? I thought we looked kind of badass, like some kind of robot knights or something," replied Gordon.

In a fake robotic voice he added, "Umm we are here to kick ass and calculate your destruction!"
Altair chuckled. They did indeed look like some kind of robots, but momentary laughter did little to ease the uneasy feeling that had settled somewhere at the bottom of his stomach - was he scared; probably not as scared, as he should have been. It was just a feeling you get before something big was about to happen, not necessary something bad, just big. Altair couldn't quite describe the feeling but he was eager to begin the mission, he was becoming restless.

Examining his rifle Altair decided that reloading was defiantly out of the question and by now most of the marines came to the same conclusion, so there was no need to say the obvious. Once thing that bothered him was why was everyone so sure that they would need to reload. After all from what he could gather by now, this was just a rescue mission. There were no enemies just other men doing the job they were paid to do. Surely they would know better than to open fire on colonial marines, or would they? Was there a third party present the boy or the marines knew nothing about?

There were so many questions as to “why” and “what if” and at the same time he had no answers. Maybe the marines were just a little nervous or they had more experience. Somebody once said that it was better to be save than sorry and Altair decided that for now he would stick to that saying no matter what, setting his rifle to semi fire mode.

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:35 pm

Smiling in his suit, Jacob looked at the eager robot fan...

"We do look like Robots - but we're better! We're ninja robots or something with the amount of training we've had!"

Rather annoyingly he realised he had an itch on his chin he was purely unable to scratch...frowning he had a long look at the claw hand...before deciding that smashing the face visor to scratch his chin would be more trouble that it was worth.

Whistling a light tune to try and distract his nerves. It didnt work. Getting more and more agitated - he began to comprehend more fully why people said that it was waiting around that was the killer.

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:19 pm

Altair wrote:
Gordon tried to look at the guy that was talking but gave it up when he couldn't figure out who it was.

"You think so? I thought we looked kind of badass, like some kind of robot knights or something," replied Gordon.

In a fake robotic voice he added, "Umm we are here to kick ass and calculate your destruction!"
Altair chuckled. They did indeed look like some kind of robots, but momentary laughter did little to ease the uneasy feeling that had settled somewhere at the bottom of his stomach - was he scared; probably not as scared, as he should have been. It was just a feeling you get before something big was about to happen, not necessary something bad, just big. Altair couldn't quite describe the feeling but he was eager to begin the mission, he was becoming restless.

Examining his rifle Altair decided that reloading was defiantly out of the question and by now most of the marines came to the same conclusion, so there was no need to say the obvious. Once thing that bothered him was why was everyone so sure that they would need to reload. After all from what he could gather by now, this was just a rescue mission. There were no enemies just other men doing the job they were paid to do. Surely they would know better than to open fire on colonial marines, or would they? Was there a third party present the boy or the marines knew nothing about?

There were so many questions as to “why” and “what if” and at the same time he had no answers. Maybe the marines were just a little nervous or they had more experience. Somebody once said that it was better to be save than sorry and Altair decided that for now he would stick to that saying no matter what, setting his rifle to semi fire mode.
Even Quinn could be heard chuckling at Gordon's joke. The Marine was obviously unsettled, if he could laugh. He was normally very serious.

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:06 am

patch had walked round the hardened carapace aromor several times, tapped on it looked inside checked out the fittings and gernerally given the thing a good once over.

" this is a metal ceramic composite?" he asked the tech working at loading the marines. " is it bullet proof, blade resistant, claw resistant?"

patch clambered into his armor and began to run a system check including the comms uplink to the ship

"anyone know if we are gonna have just person to person comms or we gonna have ship link up as well once we get to full depth?"

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:39 am

Simovic was now scanning around the vast expanse of ocean trying to get a glimpse of the habitat, but it was so dark he guessed he couldn't see more than 20 metres. His concerntration was interrupted by Patch who was a few places in front of him.
eyeball wrote:
"anyone know if we are gonna have just person to person comms or we gonna have ship link up as well once we get to full depth?"

"No not the ship, but we're be in contact with the submarine which Lieutenant Moore and Wey will be staying in, until the habitat is secured".

<Tag Patch>

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:41 am

"Bright side of this is, ocean water will dilute their blood extremely quickly. I wouldn't want to test that theory, so be careful out there devil dogs." Quinn informed the platoon over the comnet. "What most of this will be is target acquisition. So keep your eyes peeled."

Ranger2011
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ranger2011 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:10 pm

As Johnson was "loaded" into the suit, he gave the techs a hard time. They would take a cigarette from his mouth and throw it away and before they could turn around he had another one sticking out of his grinning lips.
"You boys aren't any fun now." He joked. After listening to everything he finally decided that enough sulking is enough. Glancing down at the Pulse Rifle and seeing the 95 rounds on the counter, he laughed aloud. "Well Sarge, at least we know we can each kill 95 of the bastards." Johnson's spirits were lifting, amidst the bullshit of the mission. 95 rounds, more than enough. He thought.

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:25 am

Kurosaki didn't like this mission at all. Not one bit. He had always loved the ocean, but seriously, they had to go that deep in the water? It was madness.
All the marines were laughing and joking, but Kurosaki did not join in. Why would he? He had a very bad feeling that one of his men were going to die.
"Remember, we're going in deep. Once the suit is penetrated, you can kiss your ass goodbye"

<tag all>

Ranger2011
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ranger2011 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:54 pm

"Remember, we're going in deep. Once the suit is penetrated, you can kiss your ass goodbye"
Hearing this over the comms made Michael swiftly shut his mouth. The gravity of the situation struck him harder than a 10mm round from a Pulse Rifle ever could. "If there is a God, let him prove it by getting us all back here alive and in one piece." He muttered, just loud enough for it to register in the comms.

<Tag anyone>

Jean
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jean » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:11 pm

"Now you know how I feel," The Android responded with a wink.

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:11 am

Quinn wrote:"Bright side of this is, ocean water will dilute their blood extremely quickly. I wouldn't want to test that theory, so be careful out there devil dogs." Quinn informed the platoon over the comnet. "What most of this will be is target acquisition. So keep your eyes peeled."
Hearing this Gordons brow furrowed.

"Ummm sir whos blood are you talking about?"

[quote="Ranger2011"If there is a God, let him prove it by getting us all back here alive and in one piece." He muttered, just loud enough for it to register in the comms.[/quote]

Mentally Gordon agreed completely with that particular thought.
Jean wrote:"Now you know how I feel," The Android responded with a wink.
Did the android just make a joke? Gordon didn't have much prejudice against artificial lifeforms but it was damn spooky when they pretended they had emotions.

"Ummm I guess so," he responded to the android. What the heck was the androids designated name? Gordon couldn't remember it at the moment but he was sure it was something like Jake or June or something like that.

<Tag Quinn, Jean>

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:22 am

patch watched the exchange between jean and gordon and smiled, jeans latest round of software downloads or uploads or reboots or whatever they were had shocked him initially thats why he had backed away so soon, but he still found her very attractive and was enjoying greatly the new emotional interactions she was having with the other marines. he was fortunate he guessed he had seen the almost physical change in her as the new information had become available she had literally relaxed infront of him becoming less formal and upright much more..well human he guessed.

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:03 pm

pants wrote:
Quinn wrote:"Bright side of this is, ocean water will dilute their blood extremely quickly. I wouldn't want to test that theory, so be careful out there devil dogs." Quinn informed the platoon over the comnet. "What most of this will be is target acquisition. So keep your eyes peeled."
Hearing this Gordons brow furrowed.

"Ummm sir whos blood are you talking about?"

[quote="Ranger2011"If there is a God, let him prove it by getting us all back here alive and in one piece." He muttered, just loud enough for it to register in the comms.
Mentally Gordon agreed completely with that particular thought.
Jean wrote:"Now you know how I feel," The Android responded with a wink.
Did the android just make a joke? Gordon didn't have much prejudice against artificial lifeforms but it was damn spooky when they pretended they had emotions.

"Ummm I guess so," he responded to the android. What the heck was the androids designated name? Gordon couldn't remember it at the moment but he was sure it was something like Jake or June or something like that.

<Tag Quinn, Jean>[/quote]

The medic looked sideways at Sergeant Kurosaki's position with a look of his traditional seriousness. "You always know how to inspire confidence, Sarge. Thanks."

Sixtus chuckled at Jean's joke, and heard Gordon's question directed at him. "First off Private, my parents are married and I work for a living. So don't call me "sir". Corporal works fine. And to answer your question, these xenos have concentrated acid for blood. Water being the universal base, it'll negate a goodly portion of that danger. Exactly how much, I won't know without some lab tests, but I might be a little busy down there keeping myself and the rest of you swinging dicks alive."

<tag Jean, Kurosaki, Pants>

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:23 am

these xenos have concentrated acid for blood. Water being the universal base, it'll negate a goodly portion of that danger. Exactly how much, I won't know without some lab tests, but I might be a little busy down there keeping myself and the rest of you swinging dicks alive."

Listening in on the comm chatter, Obi piped up.
"I hope you are right Sarge, those things spray quite a bit when they get hit. The dilution factor of the sea water might work in our favour?"

<tag SGT Quinn>

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Hell On Earth Campaign”