M1T5 - Descent to darkness

The 8th campaign
eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: M1T5 - Descent to darkness

Post by eyeball » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:34 pm

patch listened to all the comms chatter and smiled within his suit. the colonial marines might do most of their work in space but they had a domesic charter as well its just that most people had forgotten that. since the advent of true space travel there had been much less call for earth based armed forces but as this event had proven there were always exceptions.

"hey, did u smokers not pick up the slow release patches i left out? if you didn't this is gonna be one sorry ass trip" he had handed them out when he had first heard about the suits confinements as an x smoker he knew all about cravings and irritability, " lets face it though a realy iritable marine in the confines of an underwater station with a loaded pulse rifle sounds like a recipe for trouble". patch remarked. the patches were good for 48 hours so hopefully that was enough.

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:58 am

eyeball wrote:patch listened to all the comms chatter and smiled within his suit. the colonial marines might do most of their work in space but they had a domesic charter as well its just that most people had forgotten that. since the advent of true space travel there had been much less call for earth based armed forces but as this event had proven there were always exceptions.

"hey, did u smokers not pick up the slow release patches i left out? if you didn't this is gonna be one sorry ass trip" he had handed them out when he had first heard about the suits confinements as an x smoker he knew all about cravings and irritability, " lets face it though a realy iritable marine in the confines of an underwater station with a loaded pulse rifle sounds like a recipe for trouble". patch remarked. the patches were good for 48 hours so hopefully that was enough.
"Bunch of Marines with loaded pulse rifles is trouble, oorah?" Sixtus quipped back, checking his weapon and gear.

<tag Marines>

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:50 am

eyeball wrote: "hey, did u smokers not pick up the slow release patches i left out? if you didn't this is gonna be one sorry ass trip" he had handed them out when he had first heard about the suits confinements as an x smoker he knew all about cravings and irritability, " lets face it though a realy iritable marine in the confines of an underwater station with a loaded pulse rifle sounds like a recipe for trouble". patch remarked. the patches were good for 48 hours so hopefully that was enough.
"Don't worry Doc. I put two of the patches on.. I smoke a lot" Dirk said still having a good time

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:51 am

Ranger2011 wrote:
"Lionmane, Johnson, how are you guys hanging in there?" Obi asked keying his radio.
"Oh you know me Obi, pissing in my suit but kickin' ass with my mouth. This feels so fucked up right now. I can't even put words to it. I wish we were back in the sewers man." He replied as he scanned the darkness for anything. Everything.
"Ummm I'm A-OK Corporal O'Brien!" replied Gordon a few seconds later.

"Looking forward to getting into the thick of things. Ummm you guys got any advice for me? Sergeant Ishizawa is there anything I should be keeping an eye out for?" asked Gordon, his voice conveying some of his nervousness.

<Tag Obi, Ranger, Ishizawa>

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:30 am

"Oh you know me Obi, pissing in my suit but kickin' ass with my mouth. This feels so fucked up right now. I can't even put words to it. I wish we were back in the sewers man."
Obi chuckled as he heard Johnsons' response. " I hear you mate, just do me a favour and don't piss to much or you will drown in your own diving suit! HA!"
"Ummm I'm A-OK Corporal O'Brien!" Looking forward to getting into the thick of things. Ummm you guys got any advice for me?"
O'Brien smiled a grim smile as he detected the eagerness in Lionmane's voice. "Don't be too eager Lionmane, I don't want you pulling any stupid trying to win medal heroics ok? Just stick close to Johnson and the Sarge and above all, DON'T GET KILLED!!"

<tag Johnson & Lionmane>

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:38 pm

"Don't worry Doc. I put two of the patches on.. I smoke a lot"
Morse started laughing at the concept that Dirk smoked a lot. "Smoke a lot!? Aint that the understatement a the day. Your ass coughs out more exhaust then a damn 'pepper hammer 42', and those engines done still run on coal." Morse laughed a bit more.

<Tag Dirk

He recognized that he'd drank a bit before they went for the dive, knowing that he wouldn't have access to any of the 'homebrew' while down under the water. But there weren't any special patches for that, so he went with the next best thing.

moetiggs
Private

Post by moetiggs » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:01 am

Shit, shit, shit! Damn! What the hell have I gotten myself into? Had I known that I would have ended up here, thousands of feet below the damn surface, stuck in this giant tin can, I would have told that fuckin’ judge to shove it…hell, prison would have been better than this.

Daryl knew this wasn’t true – it was just the fear nippin’ at him, threatening to overwhelm all rational thought. A term in the Corps was far better than a term in prison, locked away in some penal colony on the outskirts of human space, treated harshly and forgotten by all. The Corps had cared for him, fed him, and paid him, and had given him a better life than he would have ever had, otherwise.

At the moment, however, Daryl was having trouble reminding himself of this fact. The gravity of the situation he found himself thrust into was just too high; deadly creatures with acid for blood, talks of corporate cover-ups, and a group of ‘crazy eights’ he barely knew, to back him up in all this mess. Daryl had been re-assigned to the ‘Easy Eights’ during their mission briefing on the USS Arcana, just a few hours ago. He hadn’t even gotten to know any of his new squadmates, other than a few terse introductions and the occasional, “Welcome to the ‘Eights,’ newbie.”

And now, here he was, sinking into the deep, black, cold depths of the Atlantic, scared shitless...

“Shit!” Daryl’s fears suddenly burst into words. Realizing this fact, he quieted and listened intently to the resounding comm. chatter for any sign that someone had overheard his little outburst. Hearing none, Daryl quickly commented to the other marines, “So, uh, is it just me, or am I the only one who can’t wait to get down there, kick some ass and take some!” Fear was always best camouflaged with false bravado…

<tag marines>

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:18 pm

Morse wrote:
Morse started laughing at the concept that Dirk smoked a lot. "Smoke a lot!? Aint that the understatement a the day. Your ass coughs out more exhaust then a damn 'pepper hammer 42', and those engines done still run on coal." Morse laughed a bit more.

<Tag Dirk
"Thats why I keep you around Morse. When I get to coughing you get to carry me on your back. You should be used to a guy behind you anyway, with your dateing habits and all"Dirk joked
<Tag Morse>

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Samantha just listened to the chatter all around her and shook her head while thinking; Men....no matter where you go, they turn EVERYTHING into a joke....I wish I could do that.... Her wistfull thoughts only lasted a few seconds before the anxiety of the situation kicked back in and she went back into hyper-alert/worried mode.

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:12 pm

Simovic had managed to calm himself momentarily but once the clicking of the suit acclimatising to the pressure started it unsettled him. If the suit sprung a leak now the chances of survival were minimal. Still he had to put those thoughts a side and he tried to focus on scanning the area in front of him and the location of the habitat.

Clicking his platoon channel he made an announcement.
"For any who are wondering the Pulse Rifles are loaded with Low Velocity ammunition, that way a stray round won't create a hull breach and an early shower for us. There’s also to be no use of explosives or grenades down there. Remember where we are and keep an eye on your buddy if you suspect anyone to be experiencing any difficulties let an NCO know".

<Tag Platoon>

Bobater
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bobater » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:35 pm

One hell of a first mission Alan thought. "Has anyone done anything like this!? I mean this is just crazy! Times like this i wish i did smoke."

<Tag Marines>
Pvt. Alan Shepard

"Peace through superior firepower."

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:57 am

patch looked down at the pulse rifle fused to his right arm the targeting from it was wired directly into a heads up display almost like a video game he idly wondered if he would get a score show up if he happened to shoot something. looking at his other arm he could see his motion tracker now in its sonar form gently flashing with each sweep, it cast an eary aquamarine blue like a slow stobe light every second. he could see the other members of the squads that also had them enabled but the rest of each squad were errirly lost in the shadows.

"starting to get a return signal from the bottom can we get some of the big spotlights on for vissual conformation." patch requested.

<tag simmovic and Lt>

Ranger2011
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ranger2011 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:38 pm

Obi chuckled as he heard Johnsons' response. " I hear you mate, just do me a favour and don't piss to much or you will drown in your own diving suit! HA!"
"Roger that bud. Would be a damn shame come down here looking for monsters and drowning in my own urine. Do they make a medal for stupid ass Marines? Ha!" Johnson retorted, laughing again over the comms.

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:24 am

Obi wrote:O'Brien smiled a grim smile as he detected the eagerness in Lionmane's voice. "Don't be too eager Lionmane, I don't want you pulling any stupid trying to win medal heroics ok? Just stick close to Johnson and the Sarge and above all, DON'T GET KILLED!!"
"Roger that Corporal O'Brien!" replied Gordon.
Dugan wrote:Clicking his platoon channel he made an announcement.
"For any who are wondering the Pulse Rifles are loaded with Low Velocity ammunition, that way a stray round won't create a hull breach and an early shower for us. There’s also to be no use of explosives or grenades down there. Remember where we are and keep an eye on your buddy if you suspect anyone to be experiencing any difficulties let an NCO know".

<Tag Platoon>
Hearing the Sergeants message Gordon nodded inside his suit and then realised that nobody could see him do so.

"Acknowledged Sarge! Hey Sarge does that mean that our suits will protect us from a stray round?" asked Gordon over the platoons frequency.

<Tag Dugan, Platoon>

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:06 am

pants wrote:"Acknowledged Sarge! Hey Sarge does that mean that our suits will protect us from a stray round?" asked Gordon over the platoons frequency.

<Tag Dugan, Platoon>

" Um how about you just don't get shot?" Obi said with a grin.

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Hell On Earth Campaign”