M1T1

The 9th campaign
maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

M1T1

Post by maxvale76 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:57 am

Date: 22 March, 2180
Location: Briefing Room 11, USCM deck 7, Gateway Station, Sol System

Ten enlisted marines took thier seats in the spacious briefing room, occasionally glancing out the thick window showing the spectacular view of Earth and the moon. Eight of the marines were no strangers to each other, and the easy banter between old military vets began in earnest as they all filed into the room and took thier seats. The remaining two marines were obviously new recruits; thier name tags read off "Sheppard" and "Alexander". Good natured ribbing of the newbies by some of the vets was just getting started when SSGT Simovic saw two people, a man and a woman walk into the room. The man was wearing a USCM khaki uniform with 'railroad tracks' on the shoulder while the woman; an athletic and quite attractive woman of Indian descent, was wearing a civilian buisness suit. Simovic snapped to attention and barked out; "Atten-hut! Officer on deck!"

All of the chatter in the room stopped immediately and the marines popped up into the 'attention' position. The marine officer, a Captain whose name tag read off "Ramirez"; smiled easily from a handsome, though obivously scarred face, responded with a crisp. "At ease, marines. Please, take your seats."

As Ramirez stood a the front of the room, the civilian stood to the side of the room, next to the individual desk/chairs, but did not sit down. The marines, as they took thier seats, noted that the thirty-something year old officer had the unmistakable air of confidence and experience that only those who had been in several combat situations would recognize.

"Good morning, marines. I'm Captain Alejandro Ramirez, formerly of Alpha Company, 2nd Batallion, 57th Regiment. For the past three of the past four months, I've been in the Alexandria sector, on the Colony world of Icarus, which as many of you know, the ICC has declared to have joined the Colony of Alexandria itself to be 'operating in a state of open insurrection' for some six months now. For those of you who might be wondering, this means that a real-life shooting war is goign on. Take it from me; these crazy-ass Insurrectionists are fully committed to thier cause and will shoot anyone in a USCM uniform without hesitation."

"To make things more interesting; the alien creatures known as 'Harvesters', previously believed to be isolated on the Colony world of Tarterus, have been confirmed to be living on several worlds in the Alexandria sector, including Icarus and Alexandria itself. Having fought several of these vicous creatures, they are no walk in the park. I've seen one of the nine meter long, so-called 'carrier forms' rear up out of the ground and release a dozen dealdy 'drone forms' that can chew threw a marine squad in les than two minutes."

"And finally, Miss Khan here", he pauses to nod at the civilian woman, "who represents Weyland-Yutani, tells me that some scientists from Bio-cyte Industries have acquired some live eggs from the xeno-morph aliens many of you have fought before; and are doing some testing on them in a lab located on Icarus, right smack dab in the heart of the Insurrection. Apparently, they have provided the rebels with some weapons and funds and in return, believe they have a safe place to do thier testing. Well marines, they would be wrong."

"After this briefing, we will board the USS Chicago and undergo the 9 day trip to the Colony of Icarus as part of 'Operation Invictus'. This operation is outlined in you PDAs on your desks; and our Section will serve as the key element the operation to retrieve or exterminate the xeno-morphs and capture, if possible, the Bio-cyte scientists to figure out exactly how much they know and what they may have done with that knowledge." Looking over the assembled group, Ramirez pauses and gives them all a very serious look in the eyes. "Most of you have been in combat, many of you with these deadly xeno-morphs. Though you are all under oath to never speak of what transpired on Earth itself some four and a half months ago; I fully understand and appreciate what you have been through. You all know the danger these creatures represent; which is why it is imperative that we stop Bio-cyte from thier plans of exploiting these aliens."

Pausing for a second, he says; "But before we continue with the briefing of the specifics of our mission, I thought I might take a moment to allow for any questions about the unusual composition of our unit?"

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Re: M1T1

Post by Obi » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:29 am

Seated in the briefing room Obi sat back relaxed as the banter passed between the marines. Insults were traded and questions were raised about the sexual preferences of some of the marines mothers were brought into question. Ah, it is good to be back. Obi thought with a smile as he leaned back into the chair a little more. Of the ten marines in the briefing room, Obi had personally served with eight of them. Looking over at the two FNG's Obi nodded in greeting.
Simovic snapped to attention and barked out; "Atten-hut! Officer on deck!"

All of the chatter in the room stopped immediately and the marines popped up into the 'attention' position. The marine officer, a Captain whose name tag read off "Ramirez"; smiled easily from a handsome, though obivously scarred face, responded with a crisp. "At ease, marines. Please, take your seats."
Snapping to attention, Obi resumed his seat at the Captains orders. At least this bloke look like he knows his arse from his elbow and his obviously seen some heat. Obi thought giving the Officer an appraising glance and noting his facial scarring.

Sitting back, Obi withdraw his PDA from his map pocket on his leg of his BDU's and prepared to take notes as he sat back and listened to the Captain give the brief on the up coming OP.

As the briefing unfolded Obi felt like he had been slapped in the face. The intial horror had turned into shock as the implications of the briefing was fully absorbed and processed. Looking around at the faces around him Obi could see that the old hands of the unit were in a similar state of disbelief and pure shock.
This can't be real, this is just fucking insane!!! What the hell is the 10 of us going to do? They are breeding those fucking things?? Obi's mind raced as it tried to make any form of common sense out of the insanity he had just heard.

Raising a hand, Obi spoke up as the Captain pointed to him.

"Sir, CPL O'Brien here. OK, let me get right down to it. This place we are going to is in a state of pure anarchy and civil war. Not only do we have to deal with rebels and any one with a hate on for the Government, but to top it off there are a bunch of mad scientist nutters are playing God with Xenomorphs, and she." Obi paused to point accusingly at the WY Representative. "Wants the 10 of us to go in there and contain it? For christ sakes, why don't they just send the Navy in carry out an orbital bombardment and save us a lot of pain??"

<tag CAPT Ramirez>

Image CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
3 Btln, 2 Coy, 1 Pl, 1 Sqd.
Communications Operator

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:46 pm

Morse sat back down after they were put at ease. He listened to the beginning of the briefing quite intently, trying to get a full story of a certain issue. He had been following the Alexandria Insurrection for quite some time. It was a very interesting idea to him. Morse had never been opposed to systems splitting of into secession, after all he was the descendant of secessionists himself and was in fact very much approving of the idea.

But this wasn't exactly the same thing, as seceding for something better was one thing, seceding to make matters worse on yourself, and live in a communist like state that the modern secessionists did, it was disgusting. What was worse then that, was they were sanctioning the use of those Grasshoppers from Hell. This wasn't anything close to a supportable regime.

Morse laughed when the Captain mentioned they were under oath to remain silent. He knew a lot about these things. What the Captain meant was, if they didn't keep their mouths shut they were going to be thrown through a mind wipe, and wake up not remembering a thing from the last 2 years. That was something Morse had always tried to avoid.

"Gotta say I agree with this one on that one." Morse said with his thick southern accent tearing through and pointing at Obi "These damn crickets rip through metal like it's mulch. At the point they're at down there, shit, we're better off just cuttin the losses." Morse was speaking plain.

<Tag Ramirez and Obi

His real idea was that the Navy could just set up a blockade, and let either the insurrectionists kill the things, or the things kill the insurrectionsists, and they deal with whatever was left. But that would cost money and time, where this would be quick, easy, and cheap.
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Gaz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gaz » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:52 pm

After snapping to attention and sitting down, Gaz listened to what Captain Ramierez had to say. He didn't like it. The first thought that popped into his head was how the ten of us are going to pull off this crazy mission. Corporal O'Brien pretty much stated what he was thinking, so Gaz justt sat back and waited for the Captain to answer his question.

Bobater
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bobater » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:09 am

Alan sat there in shock. He thought to himself "This is unfucking believeable, ten of us to contain this!" He asked "In nine days do you think the xeno's could get loose?"

<OOC Max its only one p not two>
Pvt. Alan Shepard

"Peace through superior firepower."

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:54 am

patch was inthe middle of explaining how six inches was a "reletive" term and that the marines mother hadn't seemed to mind when when the new CO had walked in.

after snapping to attention and then sitting when told he had sped read from his mission brief on his PDA......
"Sir, CPL O'Brien here. OK, let me get right down to it. This place we are going to is in a state of pure anarchy and civil war. Not only do we have to deal with rebels and any one with a hate on for the Government, but to top it off there are a bunch of mad scientist nutters are playing God with Xenomorphs, and she." Obi paused to point accusingly at the WY Representative. "Wants the 10 of us to go in there and contain it? For christ sakes, why don't they just send the Navy in carry out an orbital bombardment and save us a lot of pain??"
almost the exact words had been on patch's lips but with a few more expletives he was now glad someone else had said it because he was not sure he could say xenomorph with out "mother fucking" in front of it.

he looked down the rest of the pda and say that mission load outs were only set to light weapons, he looked again then tapped CPL O'Brian , who was sitting next to him, "seen this?" he said and showed him the info.
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:30 am

"Gotta say I agree with this one on that one." Morse said with his thick southern accent tearing through and pointing at Obi "These damn crickets rip through metal like it's mulch. At the point they're at down there, shit, we're better off just cuttin the losses." Morse was speaking plain.
"Morse is dead right. Sir, even in small numbers so things are next to unstoppable, especially when they are pissed off and if the rest of the colony has been exposed..." Obi's voice trailed off as he met Morse eye's and slowly shook his head. Both marines knowing that whatever argument they put forward they were still going to be thrown into the deep end.

Before he could speak up again he Obi felt a light touch on his arm by the marine sitting next to him.
Patch looked down the rest of the pda and say that mission load outs were only set to light weapons, he looked again then tapped CPL O'Brien , who was sitting next to him, "seen this?"
Quickly reading over the information displayed on Professor Patchs' PDA screen, Obi glanced up at Patch and saw the other marine roll his eyes. Sighing, Obi spoke up again.

"Sir, I see the mission loadout has us outfitted for light weapons only. Which I gather is the standard load out of M41's, M56's and Flamethrowers. However, does this mean we will still be able to roll around in a M577 APC and have a Dropship flying top cover for us?" Plus a Starship sitting in orbit with really large don't fuck with me guns loaded and cocked....

<tag CAPT Ramirez>

Image CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
3 Btln, 2 Coy, 1 Pl, 1 Sqd.
Communications Operator

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:35 pm

Simovic sat there chewing over the mission facts. They were to set down a colony in the midst of a civil war, which was being ravaged by Harvester activity and on top of that a group of Scientists was running tests on Xenomorph eggs. He'd definitely make sure to pack a spare pair of underpants! He then listened to the other Marines asking their questions, the plan had more holes in it than swiss cheese but as the most senior NCO he couldn't be shown to openly questioning orders. Once on the ground though he'd do all in his powers to keep his men alive.
Obi wrote:
"Sir, I see the mission loadout has us outfitted for light weapons only. Which I gather is the standard load out of M41's, M56's and Flamethrowers. However, does this mean we will still be able to roll around in a M577 APC and have a Dropship flying top cover for us?" Plus a Starship sitting in orbit with really large don't fuck with me guns loaded and cocked....
"No O'Brien its worse than that there's only M41's available for this mission, I'll make sure we get a load of grenades though in case we encounter stiff opposition. Plus we're have backup from the USS Chicago and the Dropships if the shit really hits and we need to bug out quickly".

<Tag Obi & Others>
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:05 pm

"No O'Brien its worse than that there's only M41's available for this mission, I'll make sure we get a load of grenades though in case we encounter stiff opposition. Plus we're have backup from the USS Chicago and the Dropships if the shit really hits and we need to bug out quickly".

Obi gaped at the Staff SGT. Switfly glancing around at the faces of the other marines, all wore the same shocked expression that was frozen on his face. Jesus Christ. His serious. Obi thought as he looked at the unreadable expression on Staff Simovics ' face. Fatal realisation dawned upon Obi as he meet the Staffs' gaze. There is no point arguing, I bet his already had these arguements shot down as soon as he found out. Now his just doing his job by being the proper senior non-com and supporting the commands decisions. Fuck.

Sucking in a slow breath, Obi nodded in acceptance at the Staff SGT.
"Aye, aye, Staff. I guess we're gunna have to work with what we got then."

<tag SSGT Simovic>
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:06 pm

Ramirez held up his hands in the time-honored 'cut the chatter' motion; and as the talking faded out, he spoke up.

"Marines, I think we have a bit of a misunderstanding of the situation here. The facility where the Bio-Cyte researchers are conducting thier tests on the Xeno-morph eggs is located in the heart of Insurrection controlled territory in the Colony complex known as 'Daedalus City'. For almost four months now; my parent unit; the 2nd Batallion of the 57th Marine Regiment, has been surrounding Daedalus City and engaging in firefights with the rebels there. In addition, there are a few survivors of the Garrison Company which had been stationed on Icarus before the Insurrection erupted. Most of the Garrison unit has been captured or killed in action."

"As part of Operation Invictus; Alpha Company of the 2nd Batallion will be launching a diversionary attack on Daedalus to draw the attention of the Insurrectionists. While they do that; our unit's APC will be dropped in on the other side of the Colony complex by a low-flying Dropship, and we will travel to within a few blocks of the Research building. We can't get all the way to it as there are barricades, rubble and harvester holes which will prevent this. After we get as close as possible, we do our best to slip in unanounced, grab the scientists and xeno-morph eggs and get out."

"Now, I agree with the sentimetn of nuking the place from orbit; or hell, even allowing the crazy bastards to run thier world, their way; but the ICC feels differently, and since they sign the checks we all cash, they're calling the shots."

"As for equipment and weapons load-out; since this is a smash and grab job in a narrow, close-quarters colony complex; no 'heavy weapons' are being brought with us. This means, no Smartguns, no Flame Units, no missile launchers. We WILL have grenades and an assortment of M41As, M39 SMGs, Shotguns and a couple of M42s. PFC Morse, your M41E2 is available as well. Finally, we have been authorized to utilize the LAPET rounds for our Pulse Rifles due to the danger posed by Harvesters."

Looking over the room again, Ramirez follows up with; "Now then, does anybody have any more questions before I turn things over to Miss Khan for a few minutes?"

*OOC: your PDAs will all have info on the Harvesters, the Insurrection (in general) and available equipment...this means feel free to ask me any questions about the background, avaialbe equipment, etc. :)

Bobater
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bobater » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:36 pm

Looking over the room again, Ramirez follows up with; "Now then, does anybody have any more questions before I turn things over to Miss Khan for a few minutes?"
" Yes i have a question. As a sniper in the support section will i use the standard M4A1? Because the effects could vary without a sniper rifle, with just iron sights instead of a scope on a sniper.
Pvt. Alan Shepard

"Peace through superior firepower."

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:12 pm

the tone in simmovics voice said it all...were are here, these are the orders, this is the hand we have been delt...suck it up and be marines.... huuraah. and patch new the sarge, he had led all of patch's combat drops, if he said this is how it was,then... THIS IS HOW IT WAS!..

patch mentally went through his normal load out and wondered if he could change anything to squeese in more ammo, or maybe a combat shot gun...

occ. can i swap out my pulse rifle for a shotgun and extra ammo please?
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:45 am

Morse had been seated the entire time. He leaned back and got comfortable with what was said. He was reviewing the PDA for data, as the Captain kept talking. He was reviewing primarily the insurrectionist information. He didn't need to know anything more about the crickets, there wasn't any point to it. They were big, they were fast, they were strong, they were durable, they had claws, they had teeth, that had a tail, they infected people with their youngins. Wasn't much else to know.

But then Morse heard something that made everything better. He was aloud to take his M41A-E2, and that was good enough to have him march into hell or heaven. Angels or demons, that gun would tear ass.

"Good enough for me. Let's stomp a split n' tick." Morse said in approval towards the mission. He was making reference to the insurrectionist, but he was fairly certain they'd understand it. He kept reviewing the information, as he briefing continued.
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Gaz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gaz » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:51 am

Gaz took in what the Captain had to say. He felt better knowing that there would be marines staging a diversionary attack, and he knew what kind of threat the insurrectionalists posed. He also knew that his fellow marines had faced xenomorphs and survived, but what really concerned him was the harvesters. He had never even heard of those aliens before, and they really concerned him.

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:31 am

"Yes i have a question. As a sniper in the support section will i use the standard M4A1? Because the effects could vary without a sniper rifle, with just iron sights instead of a scope on a sniper."
Obi piped up with a smirk. "Not a difference at all! Thats why an M-41A is automatic. If you can't hit em' with one, empty the mag at them laddie! More holes are always good, besides you ain't paying for the ammo!"

<tag Shepard>
"Lets hear what the Lady has to say, the quicker we hear it, the quicker we can start and get this show on the road Sir." Obi said as he sunk a little deeper into his seat and had his PDA ready to take down any important points that the Company Rep might have.

<tag CAPT Ramirez>
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Return to “USCM 2.1 - Invictus Campaign”