Turn 3 Remember the Alamo

The fourth mission
Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Re: Turn 3 Remember the Alamo

Post by Obi » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:57 pm

Following the battle via the radio chatter, Obi almost shook his head when Xenos seemingly out of thin air. His mouth dried as he flicked off the safety catch on his pulse rifle. My God, there must over two dozen or so. Obi thought as his mind raced. Dispatched to the other side of the post, Obi suddenly felt very alone as the Xenos stepped off together and moved towards the base. His comm came alive with shouts of alarm as other marines reported massive Xenomorph contact. Well that is just great, at least they are all not coming for me. Obi thought sarcastically as he picked a Xeno out and lined up his sights and fired a burst.

"LT this is Obi, I got two dozen plus xenos approaching my position on the other side of the base. They are acting weird they are approaching the base together in a circular line. I am engaging." Obi paused as his picked out another Xeno and gave it a burst of fire.

"LT I know you got your hands full, however I am the only swinging dick over here and well, there are a lot of pissed off xenos coming this way." Obi reported as beads of sweat started to run into his eyes as he rippled off another burst.

<tag Quinn>

The reports of the other marines weapons fire echoed and the screaming sounds of the Snakefighter overhead mingled in with the screams of the Xenos added to the ugly symphony that was being played out.

Sam's voice crackled over his headset and Obi responded in clipped tones. "Negative Sam, I am the only one over here and I got ugly fuckers crawling right at me."

<tag Sam>

His rifle clicked empty and Obi hit the magazine release and let it fall to the ground, slamming another one in Obi lined up another xeno and sent a burst of rifle fire down range. Well this is turning into a decidedly fucked up situation if there ever was one. Obi thought grimly as the range between him and the xenos steadily decreased...
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:03 pm

Obi wrote:Following the battle via the radio chatter, Obi almost shook his head when Xenos seemingly out of thin air. His mouth dried as he flicked off the safety catch on his pulse rifle. My God, there must over two dozen or so. Obi thought as his mind raced. Dispatched to the other side of the post, Obi suddenly felt very alone as the Xenos stepped off together and moved towards the base. His comm came alive with shouts of alarm as other marines reported massive Xenomorph contact. Well that is just great, at least they are all not coming for me. Obi thought sarcastically as he picked a Xeno out and lined up his sights and fired a burst.

"LT this is Obi, I got two dozen plus xenos approaching my position on the other side of the base. They are acting weird they are approaching the base together in a circular line. I am engaging." Obi paused as his picked out another Xeno and gave it a burst of fire.

"LT I know you got your hands full, however I am the only swinging dick over here and well, there are a lot of pissed off xenos coming this way." Obi reported as beads of sweat started to run into his eyes as he rippled off another burst.

<tag Quinn>
"Aw, fuck me!" Quinn swore aloud, which sounded rather hilarious considering Dirk and Sam's back and forth. "Sergeant, hold it together here!" he ordered as he bolted from his point on the wall to Obi's position. It took about twenty seconds, but those twenty seconds must have been long for Corporal O'Brien.

"Giosso, reload the inner perimeter guns!" Quinn said, referring to guns that were inside the barricades. It would give them some badly needed breathing room and three-sixty degree. "Tell the Snakefighter, codeword Prairie Fire! Direct incoming close air as needed!"

Sliding on the metal plating with his slick boots, he slammed into the wall next to Obi. Out of the Marines in the platoon besides Dirk and Morse, he knew Obi the longest. "Bitch tried to sneak one up the rear, did she?" he said, priming a frag grenade before tossing it through the lip of the firing port, then ducking behind the wall before the acid splash from the detonation would happen. "FRAG OUT!"

<tag Dirk, Giosso, Sam and Obi>

<roll Frag Grenade vs Xenos>
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:34 pm

Morse saw the acid shoot up into the air. He knew the creatures had a certain pressure build up inside of the, but he did not think it would shoot up quite so high. Still he was far enough back that it would not be a problem. He continued firing until he heard a scream.

”The fuck?” Morse wondered, as he looked to his right to find one of his new recruits, one that had not said word since they got there, getting an acid bath from over the wall.

For the exact moment he could not tell how bad it was, he’d caught it from the side view. He did not know if it was a few sprits, or if it was an entire shot of the horrible liquid. Both were horrendously damaging, but one was far more likely to be fatal then another.

This was his first battlefield casualty, but he did not consider himself to be at fault. He ordered all of them to move back, at least as far back as he was. He seemed to be the only one that did not listen.

Morse had options, something he did not typically have when it came to handling the lives of others. He knew he needed to get over and see about this wounded private, whose name he did not recall, but he could not abandon the line.

”Whiskey! Get yer ass over’ther’ n’ water em!” Morse ordered quickly. ”Any water ya got, pour it on his ass!” The water acted as a neutralizing agent, and it was the best and most effective they had. Morse had learned that from personal experience, both on himself and others.

Morse could not leave the firing line though. His weapon was the most lethal of all of them, and they’d have a better chance with their most experienced man staying there with the best weapon they had.

”Eyeball! Chuck a nade!” Morse yelled, hoping a grenade might help dwindle them, because there were a few more then bullets were going to help for. ”Even this shit out!”

Morse still thought they could pull off the fight, he just hoped that the other ends of the compound were doing as well or better then they were. Because if they weren’t, they’d be in serious trouble.

< Tag Whiskey and Eyeball
< Roll Smartgun
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Whisky
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Whisky » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:48 pm

Colson had been slow in joining his squad at the new point of attack as a result he had barely gotten there in time to make a difference. He jumped at the scream of a marine as the acid blood hit the marine. Shit was Colson's immediate response at seeing the Marine's flesh start to bubble.
”Whiskey! Get yer ass over’ther’ n’ water em!” Morse ordered quickly. ”Any water ya got, pour it on his ass!” The water acted as a neutralizing agent, and it was the best and most effective they had.
Dropping down Coslon rushed to the Marine's aid, pouring his canteen over the acid and being careful not to get any on himself. He pulled his medikit around and started to aid the marine as best he could.

<Roll First Aid.

"I know it hurts but hold still Marine." Colson tried reassuring, easy when he didn't know how spread thin the defence was becoming.

<OOC, first time doing anything medical, let's see if I can save him. Also amusing how my character is now being called Whisky instead now. ;D
Pvt. Thomas Colson
2nd Squad - Medic

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:04 am

After hearing the screams eyeballs concentration was a little split, was the marine ok? Are these things ever going to stop? Will Eyeball hurry up and throw that grenade ! Oh wait that's me.

"yes sir, um corporal, I mean....fuck it FRAG OUT!"

Eyeball watched Colson poor water over the injured marine, and thought to himself that water is not really the best agent for countering this acid, he wondered if there was anything in the basic med packs that had a ph greater than 7.

<roll grenade>
<roll ?knowledge/intel?>

Occ oh yeah that was probably me I got confused with character names. Not sure what to roll for just knowing something.
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:33 am

Two empty magazines lay out Obi feet and a third was almost on its way to join them when the a body slammed into the wall next to him.

"Why so glad you could join me Old Boy, I was just telling the Xenos you were running a tad late." Obi said with a sideways glance to the LT.

<tag Quinn>

Obi dropped down quickly as the LT tossed a grenade over the top. The dull thump and screams indicated that the grenade and hit the mark. Though with that many of the bastards, it would be a miracle if he missed. Obi thought as he popped back up and picked out a Xeno and rippled off another burst.

The howl of the Snakefigher shrieked overhead as it made a low pass and Obi dropped down in case of any frag, after all it was danger close.

"I cannot wait to find out what that stupid bloody civvie did to get these ugly bastards so pissed off." Obi shouted to Quinn as they both continued to rain fire down upon any still moving Xenos.

<tag Quinn>

Quicksilver
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Quicksilver » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:22 pm

“Sir, yes, Sir.” Mark responded to Quinn’s call for reloading the “protected” autoturrets. He punched a few last keys on the base’s computer system to leave it in good shape, then kicked up and ran through the door. He didn’t bother to pick up any additional equipment, he’d need everything he had to carry more rounds. He was half way to the ammunition shed when, out of the corner of his eye, he spotted one of the hand trucks they’d been using to unload the snakefight.

Changing direction, he sprinted over to the dolly and yanked it out from under the boxes of MREs it was currently laden with. Sprinting across the rest of the dirt courtyard, the dolly bouncing erratically behind him, Mark finally reached the ammunition stores. He threw the door open, dashed inside, and tore open a box of autoturret magazines. He paused for a moment as he realized he didn’t need to unpack them here. Kicking the dolly under the entire stack, Mark struggled back out the door with three crates of ammunition, performing a cockeyed half-run to the nearest empty autoturrent, one near Morse.

<Move, Move, Move!>
Pvt. Mark Giosso
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
Security Systems Master
Communications / Computer and Motion Tracker Operation Expert
Surveillance Equipment Operation Professional

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:18 pm

(Na, the name was my bad. I was in a hurry and shot out Whiskey instead of what I meant. And I’ve looked in the medkit…. We have stuff to deal with the burn…. After it’s a burn….. one day we’ll be better equipped for dealing with… Xeno wounds)

Colson was dealing with the singing marine. Eyeball was layering out some heavy firepower. Even though they had suffered a casualty, they still were operating at nearly peak efficiency as far as a squad would go. Though they were running low on ammunition, they would still likely pull through with the few that were still in front of them.

Still they were not out of the woods. There was an army of an unknown size still out there. If they had another wave being tossed at them immediately after, it would be an abandon ship sort of situation.

”Fuck you crickets!” Morse yelled out his usual roar at the specific adversary they faced. He always looked at them like filthy insects that needed to be squished. Still they were far more then that, but Morse was always a conflicted individual.

Morse looked over then and saw Giosso running over to one of their auto turrets. That was a good idea for him, but Morse did not want to lose the ones already shooting and risking the things coming in.

”Don’t get to close!” Morse yelled over the roar of his weapon. ”Em’s spittin’ burn juice!” Morse yelled to Giosso, since he would not likely know what happened to the wounded man.

< Tag Giosso
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:45 am

Sam didn't have time to do much more than crack a quick grin and shake her head incredulously at Dirk's comment. She watched with satisfaction as her grenades exploded large clusters of the Xenos and then was a bit dismayed at hearing that the creatures were attacking yet a THIRD side from Obi's report.

Quinn rushed off; presumably to help Obi; so she and Dirk were left to protect this side of things. "Allright Sarge; let's finish cleaning up this mess"; she said as she took careful aim at one of the surviving bugs along thier front and fired a burst of 10mm ETCLAP rounds; and then switched to another target; took careful aim again and repeated the action....

<Tag Dirk>
<Aim for 2 actions; fire burst; aim for 2 actions; fire burst>
ImageSGT Samantha "Sam" Hall

M41A Pulse Rifle

Return to “Operation Alpha Strike”