Turn 5: Down the Rabbit Hole

The fourth mission
eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Turn 5: Down the Rabbit Hole

Post by eyeball » Fri May 09, 2014 3:03 am

”Dead shots. Get yer ass’s loaded and cocked. No safety, no mercy. All get figured that’s the name a today’s game.”
Morse had a very distinct and unique way of saying things, but the message still came across clear. if it moved and wasn't a marine it was probably a legit target!

Eyeball exited the apc with the rest of the dead shots and moved to his allotted place to form a secure perimeter. he clicked on his motion sensor and swept the area in front of him and to both sides holding his pulse rifle in a ready position as he scanned with the motion sensor, ir and eyeball mark 1.
<roll awareness>
<roll sensor>
<tag Morse and Squad >
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Fri May 09, 2014 11:34 pm

the Motion sweep showed no movement, and a visual check in plane and infrared revealed nothing.

"section clear, no contacts"eyeball reported over squad chanel.
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

Whisky
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Whisky » Fri May 09, 2014 11:56 pm

<<OOC Sorry for the lack of posting, been busy with a new job ^^ Good to see some new faces!>>

Colson was the Dead Shot's Medic for this outing, K52 slung behind him it bumped the back of his legs as he stepped out of the APC and fell into formation. Doing a quick check of his loadout he made sure it was all accounted for. Giving the mask a quick wipe he took in the situation.

Seeing Morse hump a SmartGun and Rocket Launcher made Colson feel slightly better about being ordered to leave the Pulse Rifles behind, he still opted for the SMG not being trained with Flamers.

"Remind me not to stand too close to you Morse, stray round or acid spray hits you and you'll go up like a tonne of Semtex." Colson quipped;
”Dead shots. Get yer ass’s loaded and cocked. No safety, no mercy. All get figured that’s the name a today’s game.”
"As you say boss." Replied Colson, ensuring a round was chambered and safety was off.
"section clear, no contacts"eyeball reported over squad chanel.
"Eyeball was it? I wouldn't relax yet if I were you." Colson said quietly, he knew just how unreliable the motion trackers were. "Your own senses will serve you better. That is if you can control them."

<Tag Morse & Eyeball>
Pvt. Thomas Colson
2nd Squad - Medic

jdd2035
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jdd2035 » Sat May 10, 2014 3:20 am

Eric watched Creed as he searched the area. He seemed to know what he was doing. Eric thought his skills would probably come in handy as long as he kept his cool. "Hey Creed, as soon as you're done we're gonna circle the complex," he said. While he waited, he scanned the area again from his seat. Then he had a thought. "Oh, and Creed, you think you can drive this thing for us? I'm certified on that gun," he motioned to the turret. He used to be a professional at heavy weapons, but it had been years since his training. Still, he had plenty of experience blowing things apart with the APC gun.
Alex growled in frustration there was no sign beyond the main return path to the infested facility that the Xenomorphs had been using. Turning towards Roberts he Alex said "Look, the others are creating a big loud distraction so that we can get in there. I think it's counter productive to go in there crashing through the swamp letting every creature in two hundred miles know were coming. I'll drive if you insist but I figure we'd be better off hoofin it. At-least then our foot print would be smaller."

Tag Roberts
(i'm going on the assumption that Roberts got us close enough to hoof it. if not delete this post and let me know my mistake.)
-Pvt. Alex Creede - Scout
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
-Spas-17 Shotgun

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sat May 10, 2014 3:46 am

The APC came trundling up the hill like the wheeled tank it was. The wheels slid in the mud for a few moments, and then gained traction and the vehicle made it's way to the top. It sat there, engine chugging.

Quinn sat in the Commander's seat with Giosso in the other chair. The Lieutenant's hands firmly gripped the armrests of the chair as the vehicle slid around. When it came to the top, Sixtus relaxed slightly. "Keep on the motion tracker Giosso. Bugs have a habit of appearing where you least expect them."

Quinn activated the exterior cameras, looking at the place with his own eyes. It was a group of metal buildings, but there was likely an underground section. A tower in the center seemed to be the logical place to start. "Recon, take point, we'll follow you down."

When the two reached the exterior buildings, the roads were all blocked with debris too massive for even the APC to budge. And Quinn didn't want to use the weapons or explosives to move them, which would advertise that they were here.

"Okay Sergeant, let's make this quick. Recon squad on point, Sam's squad hanging back for supporting fire and Morse's squad is tail-end charlie." The Lieutenant suited words to action, picking up a flamer. He nodded at Oksana, who he had brought along as an advisor. "Doctor, if you'll do me the favor of sticking by my side, I'd be very grateful."

Making sure his breath mask was firmly in place, he helped Dirk open the door and had the Marines file out, counting them as he did and fixing that count firmly in his head.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

taimdala
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by taimdala » Sat May 10, 2014 4:17 am

Quinn wrote: "Okay Sergeant, let's make this quick. Recon squad on point, Sam's squad hanging back for supporting fire and Morse's squad is tail-end charlie." The Lieutenant suited words to action, picking up a flamer. He nodded at Oksana, who he had brought along as an advisor. "Doctor, if you'll do me the favor of sticking by my side, I'd be very grateful."

Making sure his breath mask was firmly in place, he helped Dirk open the door and had the Marines file out, counting them as he did and fixing that count firmly in his head.
"Yes," Oksana answered. She privately wished for a flamer but knew it would be too risky for her to have one without proper training. She'd stick to what she knew. She settled her mask in place, chambered a round, and nodded to show Quinn she understood ...

....and tried not to let the fluttering of her stomach get the best of her. The monsters out there were mortal and could be killed by bombs and bullets and fire. The Marines had packed plenty of all three. She'd stick close to the Lieutenant, watch his back, and keep up.
ImageCpl. Dmitri Mikhailovich Barayev
Current Gear
Light Armor
M41A Rifle + 2 clips
VP70 Pistol + 2 clips
Knife
8 grenades
Entrenching Tool
Image Image

"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sat May 10, 2014 4:43 am

jdd2035 wrote:Turning towards Roberts Alex said "Look, the others are creating a big loud distraction so that we can get in there. I think it's counter productive to go in there crashing through the swamp letting every creature in two hundred miles know were coming. I'll drive if you insist but I figure we'd be better off hoofin it. At-least then our foot print would be smaller."
Eric thought for a moment, then nodded his head. But before he could respond, orders came from the Lieutenant through his headset.
Quinn wrote:"Recon, take point, we'll follow you down."
"Roger that, Sir!" he said into his headset. "Cancel that Creed, we have orders. Hop in!" he said, motioning to the turret again. When Creed was in place they quickly passed the APC and took point as they approached the tower. Once the two vehicles stopped, Roberts parked the buggy and climbed out to line up with the other marines. He glanced suspiciously at the doctor. He couldn't help but remember the last time they had brought a civvie along, another doctor at that.

When Quinn gave the orders, Eric barked a "Yes Sir!" then turned to face his marines. "Let's go fellas, they ain't payin' us by the hour," he said, repeating an old marine saying. As the three of them advanced on foot, he began to issue simple commands. "Alright team, let's spread out a little. Creed, watch left. Duncan, cover right. I'll go up the middle. Move quick and quiet, and stay alert." The three of them approached the tower.

<Tag Creed/Duncan>
(Roll Awareness, Scouting)
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sat May 10, 2014 4:11 pm

Quinn wrote:
"Okay Sergeant, let's make this quick. Recon squad on point, Sam's squad hanging back for supporting fire and Morse's squad is tail-end charlie." The Lieutenant suited words to action, picking up a flamer. He nodded at Oksana, who he had brought along as an advisor. "Doctor, if you'll do me the favor of sticking by my side, I'd be very grateful."

Sitting in the back of the APC Dirk smoked his cigarette in silence, watching the smoke slowly rise like storm clouds as he thought about the operation they were on. Looking over at Oksana he sighed softly. The woman was brave, braver than she had any right to be in fact. She had faced these things before and cane back to do it again without any training. Impressive, but impressive people often didn't make it back. He hoped that she would.

As the APC slid to a stop he listened to Quinn's orders. Crushing out his cigarette he shouted at the Marines in the APC "Masks on!" he said before putting on his breath mask and helping Quinn open the sliding door allowing the toxic atmosphere in.

"Yes sir." He siad smartly
<Tag Quinn>

"Oksana, I know I don't have to say this but this is the real deal. Were going into their house so watch your back and stay close to the LT. He has a way of getting out of everything without a scratch."
<Tag Oksana>

Moving quickly to the now abandoned buggy Dirk moved it closer to the door of the outpost. AS he shut down the engine he let a small grin cross his lips. If they had to get out in a hurry with company on their asses this would be a nice surprise for their new friends.

AS Roberts lead his squad down Dirk turned to Quinn. "Just a heads up Sir, I had Roberts pack the buggy with enough explosives to level half the complex. As long as were in the APC if it goes boom we should be fine. Just a parting gift if that big bitch or her kiddos tries to follow us out."
<Tag Quinn>

After a few moments Dirk walked into the door of the outpost, his M41A ready for action.

(Roll Awareness, Scouting)
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

taimdala
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by taimdala » Sat May 10, 2014 6:03 pm

Dirk Pitt wrote: "Oksana, I know I don't have to say this but this is the real deal. Were going into their house so watch your back and stay close to the LT. He has a way of getting out of everything without a scratch."
"Thank you." Oksana gave Dirk a solemn nod. Dirk's thoughtfulness touched her but she refused to embarass the man by showing it or make the other worry she wasn't emotionally strong enough to handle what was coming. Everyone had more pressing matters to attend to.
ImageCpl. Dmitri Mikhailovich Barayev
Current Gear
Light Armor
M41A Rifle + 2 clips
VP70 Pistol + 2 clips
Knife
8 grenades
Entrenching Tool
Image Image

"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."

jdd2035
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jdd2035 » Sun May 11, 2014 4:58 pm

When Quinn gave the orders, Eric barked a "Yes Sir!" then turned to face his marines. "Let's go fellas, they ain't payin' us by the hour," he said, repeating an old marine saying. As the three of them advanced on foot, he began to issue simple commands. "Alright team, let's spread out a little. Creed, watch left. Duncan, cover right. I'll go up the middle. Move quick and quiet, and stay alert." The three of them approached the tower.
Alex chuckled "Now you want to move quietly." He chambered a grenade into his launcher and made sure his shotgun was fully loaded. Stepping from the group he once again began to track the xenomorphs and moved with out so much a word into the bush.

Roll survival/scouting.

Tag Roberts/Any
-Pvt. Alex Creede - Scout
-Spas-17 Shotgun

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Sun May 11, 2014 5:26 pm

In a way Morse found it ironic that while the squads were ordered to offload their conventional weapons in exchange for flame throwers and shotguns, Morse had managed to convince Quinn to go lenient with him. And somehow he had gotten around to stretching that out to the rest of his squad. While the flamethrower was one of the most efficient ways of dealing with a Xenomorph, it was disastrous when trying to deal with a target at great range. And since Morse was looking to maintain a serious kill ratio as a way of proving himself in his position, that was a way to do it.

Morse had always done things a bit unconventionally. When standard load outs were ordered, Morse got his hands on an M41A-E2 support weapon, and acted as a suppression soldier for a year. When given orders to stop drinking during a mission, he merely opted for moments that where they did nothing that he personally did not consider part of the mission. And when ordered to accept things in silence, Morse got mouthy and belligerent.

Hearing Colson remark on his full load making him dangerous to stand next to made Morse cackle slightly. ”Good’n kind words… from my medic.” Morse laughed a bit more. He knew Colson wasn’t likely to leave him, but Morse found the statement ironic, and he’d understand if it was a completely hopeless situation.

< Tag Colson

Eyeball noting there were no contacts listed on the tracker was a good sign too. ”Clear walkin’ all round. Aint that a nice change.” Morse brought up. ”But Coleslaw’s right Eyeball.” Morse referenced both of his squad mates nickname. ”Fuckers are so goddamn sneaky, more’n once I had to bag em without a tracker squeal.” Morse explained, knowing he’d shot some before the tracker even picked them up.

< Tag Eyeball

Morse heard Quinn’s orders and held his arm up so his squad would stop. Quinn wanted them at the rear. Morse liked being rear guard best as it was, but for the moment that could mean fewer kills. ”Hold up.” Morse said. ”Shit… Quinn’s prolly been investin’ in me losin’ some money.” Morse smiled shaking his head. ”Move to rear of the line. Were pullin’ back guard.” Morse ordered to the squad as he held a moment for the platoon to get further ahead and continued.

< Tag Deadshots.

Finally Morse began to look around wondering if there were any targets to see. He knew that Dirk was at the head of the column now, which wasn’t uncommon for him. But with Morse staying in the back it was unusual.

”Anyone else think we spooked em good into submittin’?” Morse said given they weren’t already under siege from enemies on the all com.

< Tag Anyone

<Roll Awareness
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

MarcusOTerra
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by MarcusOTerra » Mon May 12, 2014 2:43 am

Sal hadn't seen anything hostile moving in the shrubbery and when the El-Tee gave the order to advance, with Sam's squad following the scouts, he fell into line. His eyes scanned, the tree line, and then, on a thought, turned his eyes upward. The dense foliage of the region could easily mean they'd drop in from above.

<Awareness, upward>

As they advanced, Morse suggested the idea of the bugs submitted.

"When was the last time you saw an anthill run up a white flag, Corporal?" Sal muttered back over the comms. He didn't mind how the mask clung to his face, it reminded him too much of the surgical masks he wore during longer procedures.

"None of these freaks can fly, can they?" He asked over the comm, to anyone in particular.

<Tag anyone>
Salazar 'Salamander' Boothe: 'Private', 'Medic', 'Marine'.
Load out: As Turn Two of Watch Dog
Pulse Rifle: Clip loaded +4 on person.
1 Field Surgery Kit
3 First aid Kits
4 smoke grenades
Breather Mask.

Quicksilver
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Quicksilver » Mon May 12, 2014 7:32 pm

“Aye, Sir.” Giosso replied, keeping his eyes on the vehicles’ superior motion tracker while the rest of the group got out and got ready. Finally, as the last one inside, he got out of the APC’s commuter chair, his eyes still not quite leaving the display screens. With a struggled huff he pulled his pack up from the floor and settled it on his back. Seemed like the damn thing always got heavier just before deployment. Shotgun still slung, he stumbled himself out of the vehicle and met up with Sam and the rest of second squad.

Mark didn't waste much time pulling out his personal-sized motion tracker and flipping it on. Once it looked like it was working, he went on to making sure his unit radio was linked into the APC’s systems and orbital-strength uplink, alongside a dozen other minor connectivity checks. Meanwhile, he listened into the rest of the platoon get ready.

“Alright, everybody remember where we parked.” He joked over the comm as he closed the sliding APC door.

<Motion Tracker Use>
<Comms Equipment Use>
<Tag Any>

“Haven't seen it yet, but I wouldn't put it past them to start flying, sir.” Mark answered to Sal.

<Tag Sal>
Pvt. Mark Giosso
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
Security Systems Master
Communications / Computer and Motion Tracker Operation Expert
Surveillance Equipment Operation Professional

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Mon May 12, 2014 7:38 pm

jdd2035 wrote:Alex chuckled "Now you want to move quietly."
Eric glanced at Creed, irritated. He decided to ignore the comment.

As they approached the base of the tower, he saw the door. He jogged over to it, and put his back against the wall. He gripped his pulse rifle tightly, and spoke quietly into his headset, "Creed, Duncan, cover the door. I'm gonna open it. If it looks all clear then go in. Turn on your shoulder-lamps now. And be ready." He waited a few seconds, then pressed the button to open the door. If it was unlocked they could enter.

<Tag Duncan/Creed>
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Tue May 13, 2014 3:16 am

Eyeball was shocked, "what do you mean they don't show up on motion tracker, I had heard that IR can be iffy but to motion......how the fuck would you not show up except not move?" this was way weird,

Eyeball moved back with Colson and Morse, still watching his motion tracker as well as all around him. Once again he checked his load on his pulse rifle, and tapped the shotgun across his back to make sure it was still there.

"what we do to get rear end Charlie?" eyeball questioned , usually they got the pointy end of the stick up front, " or are we expecting trouble back here?"
special weapons tech
Image Image

Return to “Operation Alpha Strike”