Turn 1: Bushwacked

The fifth mission.
MarcusOTerra
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Turn 1 Bushwacked

Post by MarcusOTerra » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:03 pm

When Quinn gave the order, Sal realized he'd have plenty of time to search the wireless once they were in the APC, drifting. He put his breather mask over his mouth, turned it on, floated with all haste toward where the medical supplies were kept.

Besides spare breathers, Sal grabbed a number of what were affectionately called shit-boxes. They packed flat, but unfolded to the size of several milk crates and could be used as portable crappers. He grabbed a strange looking metal box that, for all its weirdness, would make the boxes usable in zero-g.

However long they were in there, they'd need somewhere to put their shit.

With that in hand, he saw Colson grabbing food and medical supplies carried his haul to the APC, stuffed it and secured it in a corner of the APC, then locked himself down.

"I hope we don't get another mini to haul around in." Sal grubbled.
Salazar 'Salamander' Boothe: 'Private', 'Medic', 'Marine'.
Load out: As Turn Two of Watch Dog
Pulse Rifle: Clip loaded +4 on person.
1 Field Surgery Kit
3 First aid Kits
4 smoke grenades
Breather Mask.

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:24 pm

Pale Rider wrote:Pope listened into orders as the Marines scrambled around the Snakefighter getting her ready for a surprise package for the enemy vessel. He nodded his head in acknowledgement of setting an analog timer.

"Sir, I can set up an analog timer if you desire but, I must warn you though that I am afraid any sign of hostility toward the enemy may result in the death of all hands including the pilot and crew as well as the civilians. Also we are being towed further away from the distress beacon and this could result in our demise as well." A soft shutter interrupted Pope, turning his head sideways like a quizzical dog he paused for a few seconds before continuing, "That was the crew of the Snakefighter abandoning ship as we speak. Also we are down to 5 minutes supply of air. I highly recommend entering the APC and exiting the vessel."

<ACTIONS>
Dirk Pitt wrote:"I'm with you on this sir. The Snake fighter can not be captured intact. It would be a nightmare for the commercial shipping lanes not to mention the colonies. However I still feel that a quick strike by a few people could manage to take the enemies' ship. Just give me the go ahead and I'll take two or three people with me. The vac-suits may not be combat rated, but if we're fast enough they won't have to be." Dirk said as the suits were being unpacked.
Sixtus nodded, already feeling fairly light-headed and short of breath from the lack of oxygen in the air. He snorted and pulled his Ekylprillion oxygen mask over his face. It wouldn’t work for a vacuum, but it would do just fine for their current situation.

He gave Dirk’s and Pope’s words a moment’s thought, then came to a conclusion. ”Pope, set up that analog timer with at least a thirty-second count. Dirk and I will arm it once it is ready.”

Once the android had moved off, the Lieutenant looked back at his Sergeant. ”Counter-attack won’t work against a ship of their size, not from our current position. If it was just us too, then I’d find a way to work out a way to do it. But we have other responsibilities to think about.” he nodded his head towards the APC, where Oksana and Dmitri were prepping. They also in a way represented the rest of the crew who were in the life pods. ”Besides, as close as we are, the one-oh-three should damage their ship’s engines, if not deal it a mortal wound.”

Quinn looked around, thinking that he was forgetting something, then he snapped his fingers. ”Giosso, stand by to open the pod bay door.” Since it had to be done hydraulically, it made sense to have the platoon gearhead do so.
Dirk Pitt wrote:That was it then, they were out of time. Any chance of a counter attack was over now. That left only one thing to do, and it went against his every instinct. They had to get the APC loaded up with whatever they could get and use it as a lifeboat.

"Quinn, this is Pitt. We're as loaded as we're going to be. If you want to arm the surprise package I'm on my way. After that I suggest we evac."
<Tag Quinn>
During the intervening five minutes, Quinn had destroyed any important files they had along with any sensitive systems, in case the bomb failed to go off. Beyond that, he found himself getting a copy of the platoon’s medical records. He’d started them originally, and they were very meticulous, right down to Morse’s nearly indestructible liver.

”Pope, how’s the analog?” he called once Dirk said time was up.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:05 pm

Sam found herself with not much to do; so she helped out with passing out the Vacuum suits and helping people put them on. She then quickly donned one herself and when she heard the order for Giosso to be the one to open the hatch; she immediately volunteered to be the last one in the APC; to ensure that Giosso had some cover/support in case something unexpected happened. After all; he was in her squad and that made his welfare her responsibility.

<Tag Quinn/Pitt>
ImageSGT Samantha "Sam" Hall

M41A Pulse Rifle

Quicksilver
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Quicksilver » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:59 pm

Quinn wrote:Quinn looked around, thinking that he was forgetting something, then he snapped his fingers. ”Giosso, stand by to open the pod bay door.” Since it had to be done hydraulically, it made sense to have the platoon gearhead do so.
"I can't do that, sir." Mark called back in reply. “I mean, I could, but I’d have to take an escape pod after. Once that hatch is open the air will be gone and there will be no way for me to get back in the APC.”

Despite his misgivings, Mark tossed the last of what he was lugging around in the direction of the APC’s door and headed for the light space suits. He was starting to have the distinct feeling he might just be taking the standard emergency pod anyway. Well, he just had to hope nothing hit it.
Pvt. Mark Giosso
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
Security Systems Master
Communications / Computer and Motion Tracker Operation Expert
Surveillance Equipment Operation Professional

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:50 pm

Eyeball was having a blank moment, no matter how hard he tried he could not recal the information he needed...he knew it had been covered in training but nope, nothing there...he looked over at colson shrugged and asked "any idea how long these vac suits are good for in actual hard vacuum?"

he looked around at everyone, were there enough suits? how long did the oxygen supply last? what is that strange colour in his peripheral vission? i wonder if frogs can hop in space? why is colson upside down? why am i sleepy adrenaline should be pumping so hard i .....oh. in a fortunate moment of clarity eyeball looked at his suplimental oxygen and realised although his mask was in place the suply had not been commenced, silly novice mistake, he pulled the activation device and felt the flow commence. he floated past colson..'um slight problem..little help please" he requested.
he would be fine in a minute or so but for now he would be a little dizzy.

<tag Colson>
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:39 pm

"Sir, the timer is set. May I sugges that you allow me to open the door. I do not require oxygen and can attach a line to the APC. Then I can shut down until help arrives."

<Tag Quinn>
GM

Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:00 pm

Tossing the last of the salvaged equipment into the open door of the APC Dirk saw Eyeball having some trouble. The man hadn't secured his O2 mask or just hadn't turned the thing on in time and was now suffering from a lack of oxygen to his brain. Moving to him Dirk turned the man towards him and increased the amount of oxygen to max for a minute.

"Just breath deep Eyeball. The disorientation will pass in a moment. Get into the APC. We'll be out of here in a few moments." Dirk said in a understanding tone.
<Tag Eyeball>

"Get him strapped in." Dirk said to the closest person in the APC as he floated the man into the open door
<Tag anyone in the APC>

"Everyone else in the APC now. Marines, we are leaving!"
<Tag everyone>

Moving to where Pope and Quinn were Dirk looked at Quinn. "Time to go Sir."
<Tag Quinn>
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 am

Dirk Pitt wrote:"Get him strapped in." Dirk said to the closest person in the APC as he floated the man into the open door
Roberts reached out with his left arm, and grabbed Eyeball's arm. He pulled him over and helped him buckle into the seat next to him. "There ya go, buddy," he said. He would keep an eye on him for a few minutes to make sure he was alright.

<Tag Eyeball>
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

MarcusOTerra
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by MarcusOTerra » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:28 am

Sal sat in the seat furthest available from the door. He had secured the latrines and other items per regulations and with the liberal application of additional nylon fasteners. It should keep the buckets from flying around in turbulance.

Otherwise he was secured and breathing through the oxygen mask. As far as he figured, they'd have time if the suits REALLY became needed.
Salazar 'Salamander' Boothe: 'Private', 'Medic', 'Marine'.
Load out: As Turn Two of Watch Dog
Pulse Rifle: Clip loaded +4 on person.
1 Field Surgery Kit
3 First aid Kits
4 smoke grenades
Breather Mask.

Whisky
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Whisky » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:53 pm

Dirk got to Eyeball before Colson could, that's what he liked about his squad Sargent, the man was on the ball. Hearing Dirk's order to strap in Colson did so in his assigned place.
Pvt. Thomas Colson
2nd Squad - Medic

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:28 pm

Dirk Pitt wrote:Moving to where Pope and Quinn were Dirk looked at Quinn. "Time to go Sir."
<Tag Quinn>
Quinn had helped Pope move the warhead to the center of the vessel where it could be more easily accessed. He observed the android as Pope assembled the analog timer. It was a strange thing, consisting of gears and a time piece. Thank the Marines for redundancy, if not for intelligence.

When Dirk found him, Pope had finished the timer and the Lieutenant stood over the unit. He felt a chill come over him. At least he wouldn't have to worry about radiation and fallout as a result of his choices. He looked up at the man and nodded once.

"Right, let's get this over with. Pope, authentication by voice, Lieutenant Sixtus Quinn, to arm the device." Pope was the one who would accept the authentication and the only one who could, as he was the only one in the platoon who had the know-how to arm a nuclear device. And it took two officers or senior non-coms to authenticate. It was a strange fail-safe, but the USCM wasn't the type to take chances on nuclear weapons.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:15 am

Reaching up to adjust his oxygen mask Obi stayed out of the way as the marines piled into the APC. The realisation that the LT intended to set off a nuke had a very sobering effect. Well desperate times call for desperate measures. Hey, it is not like we are going to be around long enough to worry about it if it goes pear shaped. Obi thought with amusement. Looking around the APC he saw Sam meet his eyes and Obi gave her a big grin and a thumbs up.

<tag Sam>
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Return to “Operation Eagle Strike”