Turn 6: The Scream

The fifth mission.
Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Re: Turn 6: The Scream

Post by Dirk Pitt » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:58 pm

Dirk watched with grim satisfaction as the Dropship made it's pass over the enemy, sending a steady stream of firepower into the advancing force. That should get their attention he thought listening to the ineffective fire they were sending up at the Cheyenne. Moving back with his squad towards Quinn and the rally point a new sound caught his attention. He watched with mute horror for a moment as the missile leapt into the sky and towards the now hovering Dropship.

"Dropship this is Pitt! Incoming! Break! Break! Break!" He shouted into his mic, knowing even as he did that the ship would be hit.

The explosion ripped the dropship in half as fire exploded out of the cockpit, the engines thundered into oblivion, and metal rained down in all directions, tearing through the tree line taking with it their chance of evacing out of the combat area.

"OK People, we all saw what happened. Sam, fall back to Quinn's area. I'm moving there with my squad. We'll link up and fall back. We need to find a more defenseable area we can hold up and wait for extraction. If anyone has an Idea I'm all ears"
<Tag Sam>

"Quinn, this is Pitt. Second and third squad are falling back to your position. We need to get out of the area."
<Tag Quinn>
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

taimdala
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by taimdala » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:51 pm

Dmitri carefully made his way forward to Sam's position, hearing her mantra as he drew closer. As it was pretty much the English equivalant of what was running through his head in Russian (though with less profanity), he simply coughed to let her know he was there and said, "Giosso and Sal, they've got this. Put me where you need me, ma'am. I'm free."

((OOC: Like I totally know what I'm supposed to do. LOL! Out of my depth here, fellahs, so I've been keeping my head down.))
ImageCpl. Dmitri Mikhailovich Barayev
Current Gear
Light Armor
M41A Rifle + 2 clips
VP70 Pistol + 2 clips
Knife
8 grenades
Entrenching Tool
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."

EVSA
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by EVSA » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:47 am

Bell swallowed hard, distressed that the easy way out had litteraly been torn to shreds. He nonetheless gritted his teeth and adopted and agressive posture, sweeping the area , ready to cover the retreating marines.

He nodded toward what was left of his squad before commenting.

"I hope someone has a map of this place, cause its going to be home for a while now."
Private Andrew Bell - Rifleman
3rd Div. 2nd Reg. 1st Co, 8th Plt.
USS Defiant

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:05 pm

Roberts gritted his teeth and cheered in his head as the dropship tore into the enemy. Then, in no time at all, it exploded and fell to the ground. Roberts dropped to the ground and covered his head with his arms. Then he stood up again as the debris stopped falling.
Looking over at Roberts she said; "Anything other than Dirk and his boys register on your Smartgun; let 'em have it on full auto; long sweeps. We need to keep the bastards' heads down while we pull back."
Eric nodded to her in agreement. His eyes were full of fear. He could tell she was scared too. He turned back to watch for targets, looking through his eyepiece.

Then he heard Dirk's orders to fall back. "Don't gotta tell me twice," he thought to himself, more than happy to fall back. He began to back up as quick as he could while keeping his gun down-range. When the rest of the squad went he would cover the rear unless ordered otherwise.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Medic Guy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Medic Guy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:52 am

There is way too much stuff gettin shot down outta the air Dave thought to himself.
He nodded toward what was left of his squad before commenting.

"I hope someone has a map of this place, cause its going to be home for a while now."
"We did have one in the buggy before we hit that mine," Dave responded quickly while he glanced around the interior of the buggy for the map. He located stuffed down beside his seat and pulled it out quickly handing the map over to Quinn as he hefted his rifle up again and scanned their surroundings for movement and noise.

"There's gotta be some place we can fall back to and make a stand, right?"

< tag Quinn, Bell, 2nd squad >
ImageCorporal Clint McKenna
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: L69/EA5.2.31782M9

Image Image Image

Pvt. Isabel Orozco - Rifleman; formerly of the U.S.S. Shiloh Marine Detachment, currently on public relations campaign.
Private Dave Halbert - unknown location

Return to “Operation Eagle Strike”