Turn 1 The Awakening

The marines find themselves on LV-426 where it all started.
Pale Rider
Major

Turn 1 The Awakening

Post by Pale Rider » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:08 pm

Date:Tuesday August 29, 2179, 1200 UTC
Conspiracy Level: 1
Tech Level: 1
Mission Time Index: 0:00:00

Space is an endless realm of wonder and danger! Every since the first homo sapien dared to venture out into the darkest of nights they have found themselves drawn to gaze towards the heavens. Now thousands of years later we see man venturing into the expanse of space. The USS Algonquin, a Conestoga Class Vessel had entered the outer fringes of the Bordino Sector. The automatic systems began to kick in restoring the life support systems and the artificial gravity system. As things began to warm up water began to drip in ever increasing amounts until it seemed as if a light summer rain was occurring within the vessel. The water was collected and shunted into the reclamation chambers where it would be purified and used for human consumption.
Four pods were activated when the vessel was one hour out from orbiting the location formerly designated as LV-426 when it was first discovered. ECA J. Priest was awakened first since as a synthetic he would suffer no major effects from failed life support. Once he confirmed that all was well, he would awaken the other three officers: Lieutenant Hayden Knutson, Senior Aeroman Erland Costanzo, Navigator, and Aeroman First Class Kalyani Niusha Carter, Engineer. Each was assigned a task to get the vessel ready for entering orbit.
Lieutenant Knutson read his e-mails searching for any updated materials concerning the current mission objectives. Once he determined that nothing further was available he had Priest initiate the awakening of the personnel.

<Tag Easy Eights>
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

JuanPerez
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Turn 1 The Awakening

Post by JuanPerez » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:09 pm

Waking up after being hyperslept was in fact like comin back from death and it felt every inch alike. Perez hated it. As always, he fought back the urgent need to puke and won. After regaining counsciousness, he had some trouble to sit upright, because he felt dizzy. After 30 seconds he won this battle, too. Sitting there, he began to unclip those sensors paddings. He took a brief look-around, but felt, he was the first one of the squad, who was up. The others began to show signs of waking up though. Carefully standing up, holding the opened pod with one hand, he felt the coldness of the metal floor at his feet and the dogtags around his neck. At least his senses started to run normally.

"Great, i hate this hypersleep shit so much"

he mumbled to himself and began to move all his fingers, toes rhytmically, while shaking his head in order to get the blood circulation going. He walked across the hypersleep pod array to the lockers, opened his and armed himself with: a towel, razor-blade, shaving cream, tooth brush and paste. He walked further to the line of sinks, activated the faucet, bend down and stuck his head under the cold water. After a while, he adjusted the water temperature, got same shaving cream on and started to shave. He intended to take a shower after finishing.

<Tag Anyone>
Game Master
————————————
Image 1st Lt Daniela Harper - Platoon CO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number A08/TQ3.0.45013E2
Image Image Image

M10 Pattern Balistic Helmet
M3 Pattern Personal Armor
M41A Pulse Rifle (6 Mags, 20 Grenades)
Service Pistol (2 Mags)
Combat Knife
Shoulder Lamp
Portable Command Terminal
M94 Marking Flares

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Jacob stumbled as he stepped out of the cryochamber. Cursing under his breath, he stretched and rubbed his eyes. Scratching the tattoo on his right forearm, he bent his neck from side to side, cracking was audible. He did the same with his fingers, then elbows. He moves towards wherever the coffee source is and it's not long until he starts to feel human.

He took a chair and stretched out his legs. Looking at all the other marines briefly, or looking into his coffee mug while he took a sip.

Nicole Grayham
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Nicole Grayham » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:14 pm

Nicole's skin felt burning, as if she was under fire. She did not notice immediately that she was awakening. But after some minutes she had to stand up.
„Jesus..“ She heard about it from other marines, but this was really a hell of a trip. Then she took a deep breath and nausea came over her.
Before she saw to the other Marines or could talk to them, she ran towards the restrooms to puke. Then she needed a shower urgently.
Private Nicole Grayham
Rifleman

Shotgun
Knife
Portable Welder
Electric Lockpick

JuanPerez
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by JuanPerez » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:14 am

After finishing the shave, he felt better. Changing his mind, he strolled back to his locker, stowing his shave kit, and intended to get a cup of coffee, before taking a brief shower. Approaching the coffee arsenal, he saw Private Honeysett, a team mate of second squat, sitting there, already nipping. White gettin a cup of that black fuel, that would ignite his machinery, for himself, he glanced to him

"Hey Honeysett, you look just how i feel, man"

... suddenly someone rushed by and he catched a brief glimpse of that young female marine storming into the restroom ...

"She don't seems to be a seasoned traveller"

... he mumbled, taking the hot cup. He intended to give it to her, so he waited outside 'till she finished business

<Tag Honeysett>
<Tag Grayham>
Game Master
————————————
Image Image Image

Service Pistol (2 Mags)
Combat Knife
Shoulder Lamp
M94 Marking Flares

Nicole Grayham
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Nicole Grayham » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Nicole left the restrooms. She felt a litte bit better now and wanted to take her stuff. The shower would give her the last of her spirit back, hopefully.

While leaving the room she saw Perez and the hot cup of coffee. She took the cup and the smell of it stimulated her spirits, too.

„Thank you... Perez, right? Will it get any better?“ She spoke with her typical light candian accent.

<Tag Perez>
Private Nicole Grayham
Rifleman

Shotgun
Knife
Portable Welder
Electric Lockpick

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:44 pm

JuanPerez wrote:
"Hey Honeysett, you look just how i feel, man

<Tag Honeysett>
Jacob grunted. Then started to chuckle.

"then I think you must feel pretty fuckin' rough"

He took a deep draught of coffee

"another one of these and I'll be normal. More or less. It's like tuning a radio after the second..."

Another glue.

"Jacob." he said while offering a hand out to shake.

[tag Perez]

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:00 pm

Danny Sykes was shaken from his dreams with a painful, gutwrenching, cold feeling. He laid still in his pod with his eyes shut longer than the others, he vaguely heard their comments which sounded distorted at first. Eventually he managed to open his eyes and sit up. As he looked around the room, he remembered where he was and the first thing that came to mind was his new promotion. He was still swelled with pride at the promotion to Corporal and Squadleader right before they went into cryosleep.

Sykes walked slowly over to his locker and pulled on a shirt and pants to protect him from the cold feeling in his limbs. Then he went and shaved and brushed his teeth. As he left the bathroom he saw his three squad members talking and drinking coffee. "Didn't grab one for me did you, Perez? I'm Danny Sykes, sounds like I'll be your squadleader." He grinned and put his hand out to Honeysett and Graham, hoping they would remind him of their names.
<Tag my squad>
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

JuanPerez
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by JuanPerez » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:29 pm

Wating for Honeysett's reaction, Juan was glad, that he took his comment not the wrong way. Juan chuckled after his comment 'bout radios, too. It seemed that Jacob had the same sort of humor. He liked that...

"Seems we are on closer terms now, Jacob. Nice to meet you, 'bro."

While he grabbed Jacob's hand and shaked it, he noticed movement from the restrooms towards them. Private Graham approached. She looked quite shaken, but took the cup of coffee gratefully. She thanked and he felt like he noticed a northern accent...

"Si, Perez is the name, and smartgun is the game. It will get better, 'till you reach the point of wanting breakfest in hypersleep-pod after wakin up, rather than spitting your guts out."

... all the while Corporal Sykes approached, like him promoted just before thrown into the sleeper-pod. He turned to face his new squad leader ...

"Sorry, Sir, had to nurse our nugget here, but just hang on for a second."

... pointing to Grayham, then fetching another empty cup, filling it up with coffee, and giving it to Sykes ...

"Congrats to your promotion."

<Tag Second Squad>
Game Master
————————————
Image Image Image

Service Pistol (2 Mags)
Combat Knife
Shoulder Lamp
M94 Marking Flares

Nicole Grayham
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Nicole Grayham » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:36 pm

Nicole heard the comment about Perez being her nurse. She grinned about this, but after this she became serious.

„Sir..“ She salute to Sykes. „Congrats, Sir. And i already feel better, now.“

<Tag Second Squad>
Private Nicole Grayham
Rifleman

Shotgun
Knife
Portable Welder
Electric Lockpick

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:32 am

Solitude. That is what hypersleep felt like. Alone, floating on an endless sea of darkness and silence. No past, no future, no now. Just endless drifting. Unlike some he didn't dream much. Images mostly. Flashes of the sea, of his boat but no continuity.
Then the metallic sound of the chamber opening penetrated his sleep, pulling him out of the darkness into the bright light of the bay.

Dirk's eyes fluttered open for a moment before squinting against the light. Waiting a few moments for the dizziness of hibernation to pass he sat up and looked around the bay. Some of the Marines were already up and moving around, talking, getting to know each other.

Slideing out of the pod he reached back in and pulled out one of the only things he took in with him, his cigarettes and lighter. Opening the bag they were sealed in Dirk put one in his mouth and lit it with his old, battered Zippo. Inhaleing deeply he blew out a thin screen of smoke.

"And that is the closest to quittin I'll ever come." He said with a wry smile.
<Tag anyone>
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Medic Guy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Medic Guy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:57 am

Her skin felt smooth and warm against his palms and fingers as she threw her head back tossing her hair wildly above her head. She leaned down and kissed him passionately and he pulled her closer...then the cryopod started to open up and cool moist air caressed his skin rather than the hair of the colonists daughter who'd been trying to break him in like a stallion. He raised up quickly running his forehead into the clear lid of his sleep coffin.

"Who designed these things too be so frickin small?" he queried to no one in particular. He climbed out feeling the warmth of his body continue to drop as his feet touched the cold floor.

He walked over to the bathroom and climbed in the shower after warming it up.

After throwing on a shirt and pants, he headed towards where he remembered the kitchen being before going down for the long nap. He heard chatter from the others as he entered rubbing the small knot on his head from the sleep tube.

"Good morning yall. What's for breakfast or dinner or whatever meal it is?" he called out in a pretty non-chipper tone.

<Tag All>

Private Clint McKenna
Medic 1st Squad

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:16 pm

Danny took the coffee gratefully. He returned a casual salute to the lady in his squad. "Thank you. Sorry, what's your name again?" He looked to the other guy. "Private... Honey?" Sykes grinned like a fool. "They didn't give us much time to get to know each other. Ah well, I'm hungry." Sykes felt a bit nervous with his new squad. He didn't know how to act, he had never been above the rank of Private. Was he supposed to be friendly, or act like a boss? He was thinking back to boot camp and training, and thinking of different squad leaders he had had. His favorite one was a guy named Becker. He was supportive but relaxed with his authority. Maybe he would try to be like Becker. Who knew? He was confident that he could just bluster his way through anything.
<Tag Second Squad>

Nicole Grayham
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Nicole Grayham » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:24 pm

"No Sir, my name is…“ At this moment she noticed the joke and grinned to Skyes and Perez, too. "My name is Nicole Grayham, my family calls me Niki. I am the nugget, but honey sounds better to me.“
She smiled and felt the grumbeling of her stomach, but this time she was actually hungry. „Breakfast sounds great to me. Okay.. where will we find the luxury dinner?“

While she was looking around she saw to the other marines. Sykes was right, she knew no one of them, but would fight and maybe die together.
Frightening thoughts… and thoughts which left her in a strange mood. Maybe she was still under the influence of the journey.

<Tag Sykes and Perez>
Private Nicole Grayham
Rifleman

Shotgun
Knife
Portable Welder
Electric Lockpick

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:17 am

Nicole Grayham wrote:"No Sir, my name is…“ At this moment she noticed the joke and grinned to Skyes and Perez, too. "My name is Nicole Grayham, my family calls me Niki. I am the nugget, but honey sounds better to me.“
She smiled and felt the grumbeling of her stomach, but this time she was actually hungry. „Breakfast sounds great to me. Okay.. where will we find the luxury dinner?“
"No, no, I was talking about him," Danny pointed at Private Honeysett. "Unless you want me to call you honey," he laughed. "Nice to meet you Niki."

'Good save' he thought to himself. She was cute, even though she looked a bit queasy.
<Tag Second Squad>

Return to “Operation Acheron”