Turn 6 Fresh Meat

The marines find themselves on LV-426 where it all started.
Pale Rider
Major

Turn 6 Fresh Meat

Post by Pale Rider » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:22 am

Date: Tuesday August 29, 2179, 1900 UTC
Conspiracy Level: 1
Tech Level: 1
Mission Time Index: 6:50:00

Somewhere beneath the surface:
Her senses suddenly blossomed to life in a new location as a new life burst forth. She tasted the fear in the air as the youngling began to home in on her presence. She felt the flames as they blossomed around her progeny. She urged it to move faster and it slipped through a small hole in the wall.

Currently
The Easy Eights regrouped and reorganized as they waited for the reinforcements. The Cheyenne arrived and the Greenies walked into to the HQ, full of spit and vinegar. Ready for action but unaware of the true nature of the mission they were saddled up for.
<Tag Eights>
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Corporal Hicks
Major

Re: Turn 6 Fresh Meat

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:18 pm

Danny Sykes saw the hole in the wall where that little alien had escaped his flamethrower. "Son of a bitch!" he shouted and kicked a coffee mug that was laying on the ground. It shattered against the wall and Sykes tried to cool himself.

A couple hours later, Sykes helped load the three dead marines onto the dropship. He saw a bunch of new faces, his reinforcements had arrived. "Alright new guys, here's the deal. Our Commanding Officer was taken captive by a hostile life form. Our Platoon Sergeant is in one of those body bags." He pointed at the dropship. "I am 2nd Lieutenant Sykes, standing in as Commanding Officer. Dirk Pitt is standing in as Platoon Sergeant. This is what we're dealing with: A hostile organism that has shiny black armor for skin. It is as big as a man and moves a lot faster than us. It can kill you with its mouth, its claws, or its tail. It has acidic blood that can kill you too, so be careful when you shoot them." Danny took a deep breath, trying to remember everything. "We also found little ones, spiders the size of a dinner plate. They grab your face and won't come off. Once they are on your face they seem to lay eggs in you or something. Thats what killed Sergeant Jonsson."

He looked into the eyes of the confused, disbelieving new marines. "We are going to rescue Lieutenant Knutson. We have his location and we are going to assault these aliens with everything we've got. They will get no mercy from us."
<Tag Everyone>

"You, Private... Farmer, First Squad needs a smartgunner. You, you're with Second Squad," he said, pointing at a rifleman, "Lance Corporal Colson, the rest are yours."

(OOC: Please look at your place in the roster to know where you will be.)
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Joel
Private

Post by Joel » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:00 pm

"This cant be the job i signed up for... or is it?" Farmer thought to himself as he stood there listening to the horrible story about who... or what.. got Sergeant Jonsson killed. "Sir, all due respect but if those things got to Sergeant Jonsson do you really think were equipment to take them on? She's one of the toughest marines ive ever met... and most of us have never even seen these creatures you speak of."
ImagePFC. Bobby Mills - Medic
Serial Number: J55/TQ1.3.81050E2
Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:45 am

Dirk watched the dropship coming in with detached interest as he ran the blade of his Kbar over his left forearm making two cuts into his flesh. He had lost two Marines under his command. Two young, new Devildogs that put their lives in his hands and he dropped them. These things were the fastest, deadliest things he had ever seen. But they weren’t going to get another one of his people. Not one more.

He wrapped the bleeding wounds tightly so the blood would stop And covered it so no one would be able to see it without a close inspection. That done he pulled out a cigarette from his ever present pack and lit one with his old battered zippo. Walking quickly towards the LZ he knelt by the bodies of the three Marines. Words upon words spiraled through his mind he tried to think of something to say, but nothing came out. Finally a soft “I’m sorry” managed to pass his lips.

Standing, he helped load the three Marines onto the Dropship for their final ride as the replacements came off. The LT put them with their squads and made the statement that they would be going after their old LT. Good, he could use some payback.

He stood by LT Sykes as he greeted the new guys, waiting for questions or orders.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:24 pm

Jacob saluted the corpses as they were hauled aboard.

He walked over to the group of marines, and squatted on his haunches. He took his helmet off and ran his fingers through his hair, then scratched his beard. He coughed and spat on the floor. He looked up at Dirk "Any chance on a spare cigarette?

<Tag Dirk>

He drummed his fingers on his thigh. Index finger, ring finger, middle finger. Always in that order...getting faster and faster. He was waiting for the next move. He realised that there were still aliens out there, and that they were going to be the poor bastards that were going to have to deal with them.

I wonder how many body bags will be on the next plane out of here he wondered idly. wonder if I'm gonna be in one of them He felt detached. Uncaring. Waiting for the next moment, maybe when this mission was over he would allow himself to acknowledge the losses, but right now wasn't the time to feel anything except determination at the mission's success.

Medic Guy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Medic Guy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:29 pm

Clint and the others placed the maimed, disfigured, or severed bodies of the 3 female marines into body bags. The colony's medical bay didn't seem to be short on those. He considered packing an extra bag or two to take with them but figured it would be a bad omen. The sergeant looked like she had been in open heart surgery that had gone horribly wrong, Caleija was sliced in two roughly even halves, and Grayham, well she was now sporting a large hole in her cranial cavity. These weren't the kinds of things normal people saw or should see, but they were marines. They would see things like this and probably worse for years to come or til the darkness took them either one.
Corporal Hicks wrote:He looked into the eyes of the confused, disbelieving new marines. "We are going to rescue Lieutenant Knutson. We have his location and we are going to assault these aliens with everything we've got. They will get no mercy from us."
<Tag Everyone>

"You, Private... Farmer, First Squad needs a smartgunner. You, you're with Second Squad," he said, pointing at a rifleman, "Lance Corporal Colson, the rest are yours."
Joel wrote:"This cant be the job i signed up for... or is it?" Farmer thought to himself as he stood there listening to the horrible story about who... or what.. got Sergeant Jonsson killed. "Sir, all due respect but if those things got to Sergeant Jonsson do you really think were equipment to take them on? She's one of the toughest marines ive ever met... and most of us have never even seen these creatures you speak of."
"Farmer...Hi, I'm Clint McKenna. I'm the medic for our squad, that's Sam Hall and Uhtred Ragnarson. They're the other two members of the squad." He pointed to the other two members.

<Tag Farmer, Sam, and Uhtred>

JuanPerez
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by JuanPerez » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:47 pm

<Location: Hadley's Hope: Drop Ship Landing Pad>

Perez helped to move the dead bodies over to the drop ship landing pad. While they waited for the drop ship's arrival, he caught himself several times observing dark corners, searching for movements in the shadows. Paranoia began to get a firm grip on his mind. Finally, the drop ship arrived. While the guys of the reserve platoon were instructed by Lieutenant Sykes, he took his time to salute the fallen ones one last time.

Jonson, Caleija and Grayham. Three names, three body bags. While the bags where hauled into the drop ship, he fingered inside his right trouser pocket and got his grip on a small canteen, containing special medicine. He freeded the small canteen, opened it and took a small nip. While the liquor burned down his throat, he saluted once more and closed the canteen.

He walked over to Sergeant Pitt and Private Honeysett and waited for the end of the Lieutenant's briefing.
<Tag Eights>
Game Master
————————————
Image 1st Lt Daniela Harper - Platoon CO
Serial Number A08/TQ3.0.45013E2
Image Image Image

M10 Pattern Balistic Helmet
M3 Pattern Personal Armor
M41A Pulse Rifle (6 Mags, 20 Grenades)
Service Pistol (2 Mags)
Combat Knife
Shoulder Lamp
Portable Command Terminal
M94 Marking Flares

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Apachetear wrote:Jacob saluted the corpses as they were hauled aboard.

He walked over to the group of marines, and squatted on his haunches. He took his helmet off and ran his fingers through his hair, then scratched his beard. He coughed and spat on the floor. He looked up at Dirk "Any chance on a spare cigarette?

<Tag Dirk>

He drummed his fingers on his thigh. Index finger, ring finger, middle finger. Always in that order...getting faster and faster. He was waiting for the next move. He realised that there were still aliens out there, and that they were going to be the poor bastards that were going to have to deal with them.

I wonder how many body bags will be on the next plane out of here he wondered idly. wonder if I'm gonna be in one of them He felt detached. Uncaring. Waiting for the next moment, maybe when this mission was over he would allow himself to acknowledge the losses, but right now wasn't the time to feel anything except determination at the mission's success.
“Sure, no problem.” Dirk said as he pulled out his pack and offered one. “Need a light too?” He asked as he fished out his Zippo from his uniform pocket.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:16 pm

Samantha's hands, which hadn't shook for a second during the action...shook for a good hour after the adrenaline left her system and as they moved back to HQ.

When the Dropship came in with the newbies and the bodies of poor Grayham, Johnson and Calieja were taken away, she closed her eyes and bowed her head for a moment. If dere be any Gods or spirits out dere....look after dese brave Marines.....dey deserve it she said to herself in a silent prayer.

Seeing the new alignment of personnel, she realized that she was probably the senior Marine in the squad she had been assigned and with a sigh as she did NOT want the job, she walked over to Sykes and Pitt. "Ah.....El Tee.....Sarge......I'm guessing I'm senior in my squad....so I suppose I should volunteer for the Squad Leader position. I'll do my best to keep everyone alive and on point".

<Tag Sykes and Pitt>
ImageSGT Samantha "Sam" Hall

M41A Pulse Rifle

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:13 pm

Dirk Pitt wrote:
“Sure, no problem.” Dirk said as he pulled out his pack and offered one. “Need a light too?” He asked as he fished out his Zippo from his uniform pocket.
He nodded, gratefully.

"it's been a rough day" he laughed without humour. Reaching to take the cigarette and to light it.

He inhaled, then exhaled. Smoke flooding from his mouth and nose. And he felt a moment of peace.

He handed the lighter back, and nodded his thanks.

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:35 pm

Joel wrote:"Sir, all due respect but if those things got to Sergeant Jonsson do you really think were equipment to take them on? She's one of the toughest marines ive ever met... and most of us have never even seen these creatures you speak of."
Sykes heard the nerves in the new guy's voice. He couldn't blame the new guys for being afraid. Hell, his anger had worn off and now he felt a cold ominous feeling that he was making a mistake. But every time he felt the doubt, he returned to the same reasoning: "I hear you. But we are marines, and we don't leave anyone behind."
<Tag Joel or anyone>
maxvale76 wrote:"Ah.....El Tee.....Sarge......I'm guessing I'm senior in my squad....so I suppose I should volunteer for the Squad Leader position. I'll do my best to keep everyone alive and on point."
Danny glanced at Dirk for confirmation, and then he nodded. "Alright. Lance Corporal Hall it is. And by the way, those things only got us because they got the jump on us. We gotta be vigilant, can't let it happen again."
<Tag Sam Hall>
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Bailey_Mitchell
Private

Post by Bailey_Mitchell » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:21 am

Mitchell first saw the solemn faces of the other marines, then, as the ramp lowered, the three body bags on the deck. The body bags pissed him off, Good people killed for nothing. He set his jaw and descended the ramp, taking in the briefing from Lt Sykes, he thought "If they bleed, we can kill'em." He approached LCpL Colson, introducing himself "Private Bailey Mitchell reporting."

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:27 am

Apachetear wrote:
He nodded, gratefully.

"it's been a rough day" he laughed without humour. Reaching to take the cigarette and to light it.

He inhaled, then exhaled. Smoke flooding from his mouth and nose. And he felt a moment of peace.

He handed the lighter back, and nodded his thanks.
Dirk took the lighter and tucked back into his pocket. “Ya, a real rough day. And it looks like it’s going to get worse. We’ll be going after the LT soon. I don’t think those things will like that. If they aren’t coming after us that is.” Dirk said as he smoked his own cigarette.
<Tag Apachetear>
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:47 pm

Dirk Pitt wrote: Dirk took the lighter and tucked back into his pocket. “Ya, a real rough day. And it looks like it’s going to get worse. We’ll be going after the LT soon. I don’t think those things will like that. If they aren’t coming after us that is.” Dirk said as he smoked his own cigarette.
<Tag Apachetear>
"either way there's gonna be blood..." mused Jacob.

He started to check and clean his weapon as best he could in the field. Waiting for the Eight's next movement

JuanPerez
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by JuanPerez » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:31 pm

<Location: Hadley's Hope, Landing Pad>

Perez stood quietly next to Sergeant Pitt and Private Honeysett, watching those dark corners all around. Was there movement? No, he shook his head slightly, denying the question. After Honeysett replied, that there will be blood anyway, he took his chance ...

"Sarge, Jacob, i agree. They will come after us, because we are ... hmm ... lifestock for them. As they overran the colony, they must have taken the coloniest for breeding. They stood no chance against them with their equipment."

... he spat out in disgust. Families, little ones, women, but those creatures did not care about such things ...

"The explosion of the fusion reactor may have taken out a lot of 'em, but i wonder, against how many of them are we up? What do ya think? Anyway, such a dangerous species cannot be allowed to escape this planet."
<Tag Pitt, Honeysett>
Game Master
————————————
Image 1st Lt Daniela Harper - Platoon CO
Serial Number A08/TQ3.0.45013E2
Image Image Image

M10 Pattern Balistic Helmet
M3 Pattern Personal Armor
M41A Pulse Rifle (6 Mags, 20 Grenades)
Service Pistol (2 Mags)