Turn 3: Hydroponics

The third campaign of the Devil Dawgs. The survivors of the USS Shiloh travel to Orion's Belt to warn the inhabitants of an impending attack.
Morse
Captain

Re: Turn 3: Hydroponics

Post by Morse » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:08 am

The situation shifted, but not such that they it was not covered by their initial battle plan. Morse knew that he'd killed a man today already, or at least severely injured him. The stopping power of his rounds was at least enough to throw him down, but Morse could not tell if their armor was some sort state of the art that the Marine Armor was simply not an equivalent of. There were a few variants of the armor the marines wore, and for efficiency purposes it was very good. But there were things out there a little better, and little lighter, and a little stronger that were all a lot more expensive. That was sometimes the risk that was taken fighting corporates, but the money factor did not always buy the best experience. Frequently it just got the hungriest.

There was word someone was down, and there were marines pinned down just a head of them with civilians. Morse had good eyes on their enemy, and knew that time was moving less quickly then even he was perceiving it at that point. But the time was for action and Morse would take advantage of it.

He saw the young PVT Henniger cocking his 30mm, and Morse had no dispute towards its use given the circumstance. Perhaps it was even advantageous, so long as he did not mess it up.

"Quinn, get to 2nd! First squad! We're coverin' with a charge! Move!" Morse pointed towards Sam's position, as he watched the grenade force push the PVT Henniger back slightly. Morse lifted up himself, having over half a magazine still loaded into his weapon. Morse slipped out of the cover they rested behind and directed the squad beyond Quinn.

<Tag Quinn

"Go! Go! Go! Coverin' fire!" Morse roared as he charged forward, he fired two bursts with no real intention of hitting anything so much as making them think he was. He zoomed passed the wounded Marines between 1st squad and the pinned marines with the civilians.

< Tag 1st Squad

"STAY DOWN!" He yelled at them, having no time or security to provide aid to the wounded ones. He rushed passed them towards the pinned Marines, he cycled his weapon to fully automatic, needed to give the enemy enough to think about that they wouldn't try giving killing him another shot in those seconds.

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP came the hail of twenty rounds from his M41A Pulse Rifle at the enemy as he then moved to slide down to the log the Marines were covered by. He instinctively put his weapon back to safe.

He may have been shot. He may have been wounded. He was not sure with that much adrenaline flying through him. He just spat at them knowing he was the higher rank.

"SITREP! NOW!"

<Tag Anyone
<Roll Awareness
<Roll Gun Combat
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:46 pm

Paulson stood as Morse charged past him blasting his pulse rifle , the noise roaring and comfortingly loud, he added his measly pistol rounds to the mass of fire power finishing the clip as he ran forwards.
<roll pistol shots no aiming>
diving behind the next cover he whipped his incinerator up into firing position, they were getting close to range now that this weapon could finally do what it was designed to do.
he checked the range again and scanned his motion detector,
<roll motion detector>
Paulson didn't want to hit friendlies, this was not the best weapon for precision work, seeing that they had passed all the friends he stood and let out a stream of fire at the enemy, it was at long range in fact it might not reach but it would sure as hell make them keep their heads down.
<roll special weapons>
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

CarbebthePoncho
Private

Post by CarbebthePoncho » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:17 am

JuanPerez wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:04 am
"Excuse me, Sir, but we have incomings"
<Tag Fernandez>

a group of civilians rushed the docking bay, frightened and visibly shaken. A woman made their intentions very loud very clear “We want off of this station! Let us in! We aren’t safe here!”.
Knight accessed one of his internal data stores, trying to identify this particular person by matching her face with all the personal files he had read.

Fernandez turned to Knight and whispered "Let's both try to look as intimidating as possible for a moment." and he stepped towards the group demanding access. He stopped well short of the woman that was shouting to be let inside, attempting to make it painfully aware that no one will hold any authority as a civilian.

"Attention, this vessel can not, and will not hold anyone other than the approved soldiers on the ships company! I know all of you are worried about your well-being, and another ship that has the required space available to hold all of the civilians is currently in orbit nearby.

"If you refuse to comply please let me know, because I would love a front seat row to witness a blood thirsty Marine returning from battle to find some schlub taking over their bed. I'm certain they would be...understanding."

Fernandez turns back to Knight and lowers his voice so no civilians would be able to hear him, "Thank god we have someone that might actually understand this ship. Can you make sure it's a priority that the people running the Heimlich's security systems actually know what they are doing? I get the feeling that we may have a wannabe usurper that could prove problematic."

<Tag Knight>
Javier Fernandez
Petty Officer 3rd Class

JuanPerez
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by JuanPerez » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:41 pm

Knight followd the orders and let Ensign Fernandez do the initial conversation, as this was a military operation now and he knew all about the chain of command.
Meanwhile the facial recognition of the woman matched one of his internal database entries.

While observing the crowd, he noticed all the warning sings of dynamic group behaviour, that could turn people into a lynch mob. He calculated in a frag of a second the chances: 61.3 per cent.

Fernandez whispered ...

"Thank god we have someone that might actually understand this ship. Can you make sure it's a priority that the people running the Heimlich's security systems actually know what they are doing? I get the feeling that we may have a wannabe usurper that could prove problematic."

Knight replied in a military tone ...

"Yes, Sir, i have a United States Aero Space Force Tech Rating, and i am qualified to handle military grade security systems."

... he paused a beat to alter his voice and timbre ...

"Sir, there is a 61.3 percent chance, that the crowd will turn into a crazy mob, if we don't deal with the situation now. I suggest to deal with their leader. Her name is Brenda Vang, 38 years old, lawyer, politician, lost election for station counsel 1.2 years previous. Maybe we can calm them down, if we can do something to improve the safety. I suggest, to put up some UA 571-C Automated Sentry Guns. I could do that for you, i have a USCM Tech rating, too."
<Tag Fernandez>
Game Master
————————————
Image 1st Lt Daniela Harper - Platoon CO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number A08/TQ3.0.45013E2
Image Image Image

M10 Pattern Balistic Helmet
M3 Pattern Personal Armor
M41A Pulse Rifle (6 Mags, 20 Grenades)
Service Pistol (2 Mags)