Turn 16: Tight Spaces

The third campaign of the Devil Dawgs. The survivors of the USS Shiloh travel to Orion's Belt to warn the inhabitants of an impending attack.
Medic Guy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Turn 16: Tight Spaces

Post by Medic Guy » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:48 pm

Isabel followed Paulson down the shaft trying to keep a watch of every surface nook and cranny. This was certainly no place to be jumped by the creatures. The sweat continued to bead along her armpits and back of her neck. It was surprising and refreshing to hear the dropship pilot cut in on their channel. "Alright we haven't been stranded. Let's crack open that elevator and get everyone out of here." Orozco called.

<awareness
<tag all

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:23 pm

Morse and Barayev hefted Sergeant Hall up to the hatch on the ceiling. She pulled out her portable welder and set to work on burning the metal struts of the hatch. Meanwhile, Paulson and Orozco rappelled down the shaft above. Paulson’s rope got caught in the hook and he grabbed hold of the access ladder to try and fix it. Orozco managed to reach the roof of the elevator and saw the sparks coming from the hatch where Sam was burning her way through.
“Devil Dawgs ,this is 'Crazyhorse' actual. Holding station at Engineering and putting my Marine dropship's sensors and resources at your disposal. Advise sectors for deep scans to get your people safely to any airlock or docking bay for extraction. 'Higgins' command has been appraised of your situation and you won't be stranded. 'Crazyhorse' now begins Overwatch, my eyes and teeth are at your beck and call.”
Sergeant Major Sykes clicked his radio, “Sokolova, put me through to the ship... I copy, Crazyhorse Actual. This is Devil Dawgs Command; we had an elevator jam and we cannot reach Floor One. Advise alternate route, over.”
<Tag Dakka>

The hatch was being cut from above and below now. As the cutters approached each other, the people in the elevator moved out of the way. Then the hatch fell free and clanged loudly on the floor.

(OOC: I am back from vacation, I'm sorry for the delay but we will be back on at full pace going forward!!!)
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9
Image Image Image Image Image Image

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:52 pm

Paulson finally fixed his tangle and descended down to the lift roof just as they finished cutting through, keeping his motion detector handy he looked over the edge to see what they were stuck on and if it could be quickly removed.
<roll perception>
the answer was probably going to be no but it did no harm to look.
the huge clang as the cover dropped echo'd up the elevator shaft if things and people didn't know where they were before they would now. Paulson grabbed his motion detector and started sweeping almost waiting for the inevitable movement that was to come.
<roll motion detector>
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

Medic Guy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Medic Guy » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:46 am

After the elevator's roof hatch falls in, Isabel looks down into the elevator. "You all okay?" she asks looking into the elevator to see if anyone seems to be harmed.

<tag those in the elevator

"You all want to climb out or is there a way to fix this thing so we can leave the station." she asks as she reaches an arm out to help hoist any one up. She glances around the elevator shaft and over to Paulson who is running the motion tracker.

<awareness

Dakka
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dakka » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:34 am

"Dizzy" patched directly into Sykes's private comes and tight-beamed to his helmet receiver.
['Crazyhorse' actual acknowledge, focused sensor ping reads 17 survivors in Engineering section. Not going to sugarcoat it... My bird has enough fuel and propellant for a single dust off.
You're my last run before RTB to 'Higgins'. I will keep sensors flooding out the section to provide some early warning. If engaged by hostiles I will find the nearest airlock and standby for combat evac.]

{TAG Sykes}
(Roll for continuous sensor scan)

Combat Equipment:
- Sniper Rifle (2 clips)
- Pulse Rifle (2 clips)
- M4A4 .45 ACP (2 clips)
- 8 Granades
- Demo kit
- KBAR Knife

Non-Combat Equipment
- Framepack
(20 days rations, Entrentching Tool, Mess Kit, 2 Demo kit)

NPC
Private

Post by NPC » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:53 am

Dizzy's co-pilot was reviewing the schematics of the space station. "Devil Dawgs, this is Crazyhorse Bravo. There should be another path to the hangar from where you are. If you can get out on top of the elevator, try to open one of the doors. You need to proceed down hallway Charlie Two or Charlie Three. That's the second or third floor. From there it's a straight shot to the hangars."
<Tag everyone>

LT_Chun
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by LT_Chun » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:34 pm

Henniger watched his sector of fire and scanned the dimly lit overhead spaces. The murky dark was made nebulous by the red tint thrown over everything by the emergency lighting. His upper lip had broken out in sweat as he gamely ignored the throb in his lower leg.
He decided to send a status report to higher, let them know rear security was still alive and paying attention.

"Devil Dawg Actual, rear security all quiet." He murmured and flipped the comm back to all hands net.

<tag Sykes>
<roll awareness>
ImageLCPL. J. Henniger USCM
A11/TQ2.0.22146E1
U.S.S. Chimera
Recon Rifleman, Comtech electronics secondary
3rd FTL, Call Sign Devil Dawgs.

Armor and webbing
M41A Pulse Rifle + 7 mags
M40 Grenades x 10
Hand Welder
Service Pistol + 2 Mags